Night Owls

I've always been surprised at posts that I read during the daytime that were sent at 3/5 in the morning.

Worst culprits are Admin/Noor. Biggrin

Now that I'm on my xmas break and not getting up at 7am (and therefore not in bed by 10) I too find myself up till 12/1...its so not good for the system...and I hate getting up at 10.

So, to all you night owls. Do you only stay up late cos you have nothing to get for in the mornings?

All owls to post in this thread...lets collect a list of night owls and award the poster who posts here the latest.

(Getting up for fajr and then posting here is not acceptable)

"At 3.04am on Friday morning You" wrote:
You know how "they" say that no two finger prints are alike? How do they know that?

"At 3.08am on Friday morning Ya'qub" wrote:
its the same with snow flakes.

but i have no time for such frivolities, I have work 1st thing in the morning and I'm not even sure how/why I've stayed awake this long.

I can't believe I had less than 3 hours sleep last night, had full days' work on both Thursday and Friday, and I'm still wide awake(ish)!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Does being online at this time count as being a night owl.

If so, I only do this on rare occasions.

Tonight I can't face up to going to bed because I've just been out for a curry and will most likely have a bad night's sleep.

Plus, I bought 3 newspapers today and haven't read them yet.

"Beast" wrote:

Let me guess..... the Telegraph, the Express and the Daily Mail, mashAllah!!

Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

"Ya'qub" wrote:
"Beast" wrote:

Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

The Guardian, Independent and Times actually. I bought the Time for the sake of balance.

Might do the same tomorrow.

The others I wouldn't waste my money on. That's why they have them online.

"Beast" wrote:
"Ya'qub" wrote:
"Beast" wrote:

Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

The Guardian, Independent and Times actually. I bought the Time for the sake of balance.

Might do the same tomorrow.

The others I wouldn't waste my money on. That's why they have them online.

I guessed a smuch, I was only joking.

ew I read the Times at work and its not great. I[b] very[/b] much dislike the 'comment'. Sport is good though

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Worst culprits are Admin/Noor. Biggrin

Hey! I am certain you should use the word "Alleged" before that! Lol

A couple of days ago i spent 6-8 hours trying to see if i could find the relative availability of the php function "iconv" vs the extension "mbstring", their weaknesses and strength.

End result? Some people(well servers) have one, others the other. Some things iconv is better at, others mbstring. Really productive use of time.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

im normally awake until 2/3am - because its the only time i can concentrate & get work done without getting distracted

semester just gone i missed most of my morning lectures because i went to bed at 3/4am, i cant do the same next semester because im on placement

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

I cant sleep late if I got work...when I do I end up being a cranky teacher with my class all morning. I get them to do something boring like, write a story in absolute silence and dont even think about leavng your seat/talking to me...unless its a emergency.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
something boring like, write a story in absolute silence

i used to LOVE doing those!!

my stories were wicked, i loved sleepy/cranky teachers!

i've never been in bed before 12. it would be weird for me to be in bed that early. on a college day i'll probably go to bed at 1/2ish.

now thats its the holidays, i sleep at any time, my family loves movies (they're down watching something now!). i'll wake up for fajr, stay awake for a bit and then will go back to sleep and will wake up just in time for dhur!

i really need to sort out my sleeping pattern, i have missed so much college because of my sleep!

Do I win a prize for it being 4am?

If not, why not?

Because you should be in bed!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

When I haven't got uni I usually watch tv programmes online or play games until fajr time then go to bed.

When I've got exams or courseworks to hand in I also stay up all night.

Got to wake up @ 11am to do our weekly shopping.

went to bed at 5, was fine waking up for fajr but waking up for dhur killed me.

Do i get a prize for having the most undreadable posts.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Two whole weeks,what ever will i do Lol

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Now that i have dropped out of uni and im technically what you call a bum i go to bed most days about 12/1. If im reading a book (recently i spend a lot of time reading my sisters trashy novels i dont know why) i will be up till 3/4. I force myself to get get up about 11.30/12ish. I always find it really hard to get up on weekend to go to work and spend the best part of the day yawning.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

dunno how you can sleep til 11/12 even if i sleep 2/3am im up before 10.

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

One of the effects of iron deficiency anemia is that your always tired.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

"Naz" wrote:
One of the effects of iron deficiency anemia is that your always tired.

but you find it easier going through metal detectors!

"Naz" wrote:
Now that i have dropped out of uni and im technically what you call a bum i go to bed most days about 12/1. If im reading a book (recently i spend a lot of time reading my sisters trashy novels i dont know why) i will be up till 3/4. I force myself to get get up about 11.30/12ish. I always find it really hard to get up on weekend to go to work and spend the best part of the day yawning.

y u drop out of uni?

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

i can't get to sleep, its too hot! my dad came downstairs and said whose talking, if you talk again, i'm gona make you go downstairs and clean the kitchen. me and my sisters just burst out laughing.

i'm bored...

i dont understand why i'm not tired.. hmmm. stayed awake after fajr yesterday, went shopping, went to a party and then went for a meal. legs are killing me but i still cant get to sleep!!!

wel mext time try getting into bed and closing your eyes.....

You actually think that works?

"M4k4v3l1" wrote:
wel mext time try getting into bed and closing your eyes.....

oh and i haven't tried that one before, duh :roll:

gve it a try, seems to work for most people

Meaning it works for you. When you are sleepy.

"Snoopz" wrote:
dunno how you can sleep til 11/12 even if i sleep 2/3am im up before 10.

Ditto!

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

Pages