Muslims and Asians and football

Salaam

Its said by some that the football industry can be racist, that a lot of asian rooneys are going unnoticed. Do you think its true? Why arent asian breaking through? They never seem to get past the academies. Or are they just not that good? Or is not a good proffession to enter?

My brother could have gone for man city trials.........but mum didnt see the importance of it, better to study etc. Is that right? Why is it that we all have to be lawyers like they made me, docs, pharmacists etc......being a footballer isnt seen as respectable by some people! Pays darn well lol

My cousins kid wants to be one......his mum says, no your going to get a good job and be a good muslim. Is it possible to do both? Or not?

[url= Launch UK Talent Hunt[/url] - the pakistani national team is looking for people from here with talent.....well, they were. I would have gone for a trial had i known!! My cousins mate, Adnan Ahmed used to play for huddersfield, now Tranmere...hes gone for the pakistan team too. apparently - it was between him and darren fletcher, as to who broke into the Man United team.......cant be that bad then can he, that hes struggling to get into the tranmere team?!

I was also surprised to learn that a lot of french footballers (and past ones) are muslims.....i know i did an article on it for the revival, but i didnt know there were that many. The new ireland manager could be a muslim!!! Biggrin

[url= of Soccer - French Converts to Islam[/url]

Quote:
In 2004, Anelka spoke of his growing interest in Islam.

The Muslim religion interests me. When I’m in Trappes (the neighborhood where he grew up), I hang out with Muslims and we discuss it a lot. In the summer we’re outdoors until 4am, so we have the time to talk. I listen to them in order to understand and learn, just like Roberto Baggio on Buddhism. It opens your mind and the subject fascinates me, just like astronomy does.

Anelka did eventually convert, taking the name Abdul-Salam Bilal (though he is rarely referred to as such).

"Frank Ribery" wrote:
as a kid, I spent all my time with Muslims. It is my choice. No one told me to do it. I prefer to keep my reasons to myself.
- “He raises his hands to Allah before every match: something that goes down fine in Istanbul or Marseilles but was less appreciated during his brief periods in Metz and Brest.”

Juilien Faubert too - plays for West Ham

Bruno Metsu - manager of seneal in WC 2002.......Philiipe Troussier as well - Japan manager in WC 2002....wants to be Ireland manager

and didnt know this before, but Barcelona have quite a few muslims........Eric Abidal, Yaya Toure, Lilian Thuram, and whilst Henry has denied he has converted to Islam, he does encourage people to read more about Islam and the Qur'an to get more acquainted with the faith.

You had zidane too....

Dunno bout you guys, but i found that interesting......good role models IMO

when my mum was a teacher, she knew a guy who was to be the first Asian player signed to a premier league club - which was Coventry City (shows how long ago it was). needless to say he failed at the last moment

i'm not sure why i related that story, it doesn't really have a moral or anything :?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

mustafa al-hadji?

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Do you know many asians who go through any sort of professional academy or something?

I know a few talented people, but it is more or less street football or nothing.

On the other hand if there IS a talented youngster, what path would he follow? There is no set model that has worked yet.

I see someone writing an article on this subject... someone not me. Or You.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

well theres probably going to be a rise in asian boxers if there was an asian footballer probably another rise

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Zlatan Ibrahimovich - Juventus

Nicolas 'Bilal' Anelka - reverted whilst playing for fenerbahce in turkey

van persie - revert - married a moroccan lady

Ribery - revert - married a moroccan lady

Sali Muntari - Ghana

frederick kanoute - malian striker ex tottenham and west ham

Kolo Toure - Arsenal and ivory coas

Mido - Tottenham

Khalid Boulahrouz

Bouazza

"Sirus" wrote:

Why is it that we all have to be lawyers like they made me, docs, pharmacists etc......

Not all asian parents want their kids to be docs lawyer engineers etc. I can understand when parents go on at their kids to get an education because thats what will put food on the table. With an eduation you will always be guaranteed with a job. Football is a risky career. There is a chance you might not be good enough. All those years of practicing, expense ang getting your hopes up only to be told you will never make it. Then of course there is a 50% chance that you could make it, get paid loads but then one day get injured and you are told that you can never play again, thats it your career is over. What then?

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

break a leg and your career is over.

yeah but their socks go all the way up. Acutally is there any rules in relation to how long yor shorts can be when your on the pitch? Like for example Danny Williams (boxer) his shorts are always long.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

"Naz" wrote:
yeah but their socks go all the way up.

Sounds more like tights.

and how many guys do you no who wear tights?

"Noor" wrote:
stop it ur reminding me of nights out in camden back in th time of jahaliyyah (& no, it wasnt me who wore them...)

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Robin Hood.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Noor" wrote:

superman?

Back in BLACK

forgot 2 mention nouredin (noor ud-deen) naybet. Turkish defender

"MuslimBro" wrote:
I rest my case.

and what was ur case

"Funzo" wrote:
"MuslimBro" wrote:
I rest my case.

and what was ur case

exactly wat i was thinkin!

look we cant read ur mind bro we ent all seraphims here although omrow tries in vain u gotta actually post ur thoughts if u want us to know them

"Noor" wrote:

^ he was referring to that.