THE GLOBAL PEACE AND UNITY EVENT 2007

60 posts / 0 new
Last post

Today or tomorrow is the last day to get your tickets for £15, after that you would have to pay £20 so get your tickets now if you haven't done so.

They have also announced the speakers/artists.

"MuslimBro" wrote:
Today or tomorrow is the last day to get your tickets for £15, after that you would have to pay £20 so get your tickets now if you haven't done so.

They have also announced the speakers/artists.

WHO ARE THE SPEAKERS/ARTISTS?

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
JUST SEEN EM: for me just Imam Zaid Shakir...and prob Abdul Hakim Quick... rest ..so so... but all good stuff and artixts: Native Deen/Dawud wharnsby/ Zain Bhika/yuusf islam are ones to look 4rwrd to...
surely mishary rashid? my favorite recitor by far. also robert fisk is perhaps th most trustworthy british journalist in th mid-east

Don't just do something! Stand there.

does anybody know what is the man who was at wembley last year he was a comedian from the carabean i think he was muslim his name along the lines of imam ahmed

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

SO...any girls coming down for this event? It'd be nice to meet up...?

Did anyone go? How'd you find it?

Im watching it online :S

It was supposed 2 finish @ 10!

Wanna c comedy by Umair Ali

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

It was supposed to finish at 10 but didn't. It was announced to finish at 9:30, then at 9.

I most liked the two comedians; the Pakistani guy and the Palestinian. Most boring was the awards ceremonies.

Food was overpriced but was nice. There was alot of stalls, nearly spent a hundred quid there today (or yesterday to be technical). Will go there tomorrow InshaAllah and spend some more.

There was alot of sisters volunteering MashaAllah. Got alot of leaflets, which I was given and some lectures by some brothers who were passionate about what was happening in Iraq, Chechnya, Afghanistan, ect.

Met alot of people I knew around, and the most annoying thing was my phone ran out of battery when I was taking pictures, grrr.

How comes there was no Revival stall... and more importantly, where was Ed?

It was my first time I have attended such a big event, but I don't think I will be attending such events in the future. You don't learn anything and spend alot of money there.

So anyone who went (yes, that includes you Ya'qub) please share your experiences.

"MuslimBro" wrote:
It was supposed to finish at 10 but didn't. It was announced to finish at 9:30, then at 9.

I most liked the two comedians; the Pakistani guy and the Palestinian. Most boring was the awards ceremonies.

Food was overpriced but was nice. There was alot of stalls, nearly spent a hundred quid there today (or yesterday to be technical). Will go there tomorrow InshaAllah and spend some more.

There was alot of sisters volunteering MashaAllah. Got alot of leaflets, which I was given and some lectures by some brothers who were passionate about what was happening in Iraq, Chechnya, Afghanistan, ect.

Met alot of people I knew around, and the most annoying thing was my phone ran out of battery when I was taking pictures, grrr.

It was my first time I have attended such a big event, but I don't think I will be attending such events in the future. You don't learn anything and spend alot of money there.

So anyone who went (yes, that includes you Ya'qub) please share your experiences.

:shock: how did you know i went?

Biggrin

He's physcic!

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

I have finally figured out what GPU stands for.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

lol! its actually gp&u, well for me it is.

"MuslimBro" wrote:

The Christian Pali guy? He was good, Jeff Mirza (Pakistani) was hilarious. So was Umair Ali.

Never been before, would like to go next year Insha'Allaah, if I need some abayahs etc its all in one place.

Links!! please i want to watch the comedy!!!

"You" wrote:
I have finally figured out what GPU stands for.

Global Positioning Unit? Lol

Back in BLACK

is it a live feed?

[b]Me:[/b] [color=green]I went to the GPU today.[/color]

[b]My housemate:[/b] [color=red]What's that?[/color]

[b]Me:[/b] [color=green]The Global Peace and Unity Event.[/color]

[b]My Housemate:[/b] [color=red]Which university?[/color]

[b]Me:[/b] [color=green]No! It was a big Islamic event.[/color]

[b]My Housemate:[/b] [color=red]Oh, OK. Any good?[/color]

[b]Me:[/b] [color=green]Yeah, I met Malcolm X's daughter.[/color]

[b]My Housemate:[/b] [color=red]Who?[/color]

[b]Me:[/b] [color=green]You know Malcolm X?[/color]

[b]My Housemate:[/b] [color=red]err...no.[/color]

rightt?
is your housemate blonde by any chance Lol

"Alisha" wrote:
The Christian Pali guy? He was good, Jeff Mirza (Pakistani) was hilarious. So was Umair Ali.

I don't know their names although they mentioned it but I think they were the ones. The Paki guy from yesterday also came today. The Palestinian guy said that his religion is Christianity and faith is Islam? He said that he did a show somewhere before and he got off the stage and there was 7 Israeli's sitting at the front row, and he quickly had to go back on stage before they occupied it lol, that was funny. Trust me it's better if you were actually there when they did their jokes.

I particularly liked the nasheed they played today. They're called Noor and they're from California (US). The nasheed they played was called All For You. I was so close to buying their album but I changed my mind at the last second.

[url]
[url]

I want to know who that comedian is!!!

"Funzo" wrote:
is it a live feed?

Yup live, soz 4 late reply gpu is overrrrrrrrr

"Alisha" wrote:
"Funzo" wrote:
is it a live feed?

So Alisha how would you sum up theses two days i take it you attending both days?

I was gng to go but thought i'll get a better view watching it on TV, having said that I hardly watched it.

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

"MuslimBro" wrote:
"Alisha" wrote:

I don't know their names although they mentioned it but I think they were the ones. The Paki guy from yesterday also came today. The Palestinian guy said that his religion is Christianity and faith is Islam? He said that he did a show somewhere before and he got off the stage and there was 7 Israeli's sitting at the front row, and he quickly had to go back on stage before they occupied it lol, that was funny. Trust me it's better if you were actually there when they did their jokes.

I particularly liked the nasheed they played today. They're called Noor and they're from California (US). The nasheed they played was called All For You. I was so close to buying their album but I changed my mind at the last second.

[url]
[url]

Yeh, that was xtian pali guy, christian but faith is Islam :S He was respectful. Yup, I saw that "Israelis sitting in the front, they might occupy the stage" thing lol

Jeff Mirza is the Pakistani guy, he was on today aswell. Hes funny, would make a cool uncle Blum 3

JazakAllah for those links

"Bliss" wrote:
"Alisha" wrote:
"Funzo" wrote:
is it a live feed?

So Alisha how would you sum up theses two days i take it you attending both days?

I was gng to go but thought i'll get a better view watching it on TV, having said that I hardly watched it.

Nope, didnt attend neither. I didnt go, watched on telly and online. Seemed good, if I went I woulda left early like 4 and wouldnt have gotten to c the main performers.

It looked good, they had the NQC finals, then Model Mosque, Jeff Mirza, Omair Ali and others.

Pages