IslamOnline

What on earth have they done to their site?

Used to visit it for news quite often. Just had another look, and well... even 'Ed can design better than that! (and you should see some of the howlers The Revival has been through...)

(1998 called. It wants it's design back!)

not everyone will know what site you are on about so you might wanna give ppl a link to check it out. Just a thought.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

heh, I normally just type things into firefox and let Google sort it out...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"You" wrote:

Isnt that the design they've always had?

Back in BLACK

it wasn't the last time I saw that website.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"You" wrote:
it wasn't the last time I saw that website.

Are you sure we're talking about the same website.

Coz thats how it looked last time i was there.

Back in BLACK

Same site as I linked to.

I have no idea how long ago I last saw it. But there are changes. (it had a curvy bit between the header and the menu on the left...)

It has never been the bastion of design, but the amount of white space is just surprising... maybe make the titles bigger?

What about the content?

it is one of the most confusing website for me .. somtimes i find a message behind what they offer.. many times i find it nothing..

do u have the same confusion ? :roll:

It's not as "Simple" as the Revival site.

IMO all sites should be as simple as possible.

As an example - forums. If I go to a place with 20 bazillion categories/forums, I will not even try to find out where the main discussions take place. I will get out of there pronto.

"You" wrote:
It's not as "Simple" as the Revival site.

IMO all sites should be as simple as possible.

As an example - forums. If I go to a place with 20 bazillion categories/forums, I will not even try to find out where the main discussions take place. I will get out of there pronto.

i agree.

facebook is better than myspace because it is less garish.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

don't use neither, so no idea!

PS what exactly does facebook have?

(myspace is more like a personal blog/site I think... something The Revival can do with the forthcoming update... by the end of the year I suppose.)

"You" wrote:

yeah but that mean mean opening up a new tab, typing the words into the search engine, it coming back with thousands of results then having to browse to find which one your talking about.

Oh god im starting to sound like admin hehehehehe

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

"Ya'qub" wrote:
facebook is better than myspace because it is less garish.

Absolutely. The default myspace layouts couldn't be uglier. I don't like myspace at all.

However while both are for networking they have subtly different emphasis - myspace allows for more public and prominent self-promotion, whereas facebook is best for messaging, looking up old friends and general dossing.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens