Freely (and legally) distributable audio content

Salaam

I am not too much into any music scene. Mostly because I have the ability to ignore sounds.

But are there any good (english/arabic only languages to be considered) artists out there, who allow totally free redistribution as default?

Who is actually good?

"You" wrote:
Salaam

I am not too much into any music scene. Mostly because I have the ability to ignore sounds.

But are there any good (english/arabic only languages to be considered) artists out there, who allow totally free redistribution as default?

Who is actually good?

im not sure im with you old fruity?

Back in BLACK

You know all these people who sing Islamic songs, (Nasheeds and all that), do any have non-resrictive licensing?

I think the Sami Yusuf stuff is copyrighted up the nose (and he is boring).

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"You" wrote:
You know all these people who sing Islamic songs, (Nasheeds and all that), do any have non-resrictive licensing?

Dont knw bro... im not really into nasheeds etc...

I know some of the classic stuff... like Mozarts symphany aint copyrighted anymore ... since its soo ancient.

Back in BLACK

"You" wrote:

heeeey whats wrong with his music, i think its quite good.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

i personally find most nasheeds cringe worthy and embarrassing.

these people are NOT talented musically!!

they are like backstreet boys in thobes!

they are devaluing the subject matter that they are singing about because they are doing in a sickly-sweet, western-pop way.

[b]n.b.[/b] please don't jump on my back, i'm not cussing ALL nasheeds, (just every one that I'VE ever heard).

if you want to find GOOD music that is written for God (swt) listen to JS Bach.

It is quantifiably good aswell as pleasant to listen to.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

"Seraphim" wrote:

I know some of the classic stuff... like Mozarts symphany aint copyrighted anymore ... since its soo ancient.

while the music of anyone who has been dead over 75 years is free from copywrite, the actual recordings of it by orchestras are NOT free from copywrite- u have to pay the orchestra.

Unless they themselves post it on the internet for free.

Ya'qub you make me laugh.

I think some nasheeds are really good. I think Sami Yusuf's arabic pronunciation is really good mashallah. But yeah, most nasheeds are not really a substitute for the music most youth listen to today, which they are often marketed as. I remember someone recommending Native Deen as an Islamic rap group. I went out and bought their CD the next day. Erm... that is NOT rap. Lol. But I think they and others like them are good mashallah and I think what they are doing is great.

You gotta put different kinds of music to suit all individuals even if it means adding Sami Yusuf. I really dnt think Islamic stuff should be copyrighted but then they gotta make their money.

Also add decent english music which has a purpose to it.

I think its a good idea.

how bout putting some tupac tracks on? lol
i got millions

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

I saw one of the brothers from Mecca2Medina give a talk at Regents Park mosque a few weeks ago.

He was quite an intelligent guy and it seems like he does quite a lot of good work with youth around south London, getting off the streets etc.

Personally, I used to LOVE (probably close to worshipping) music before i was a Muslim.

I played, produced, wrote, listened and studied (at a-level and uni) literally ALL types and genres of music. i went clubbing and to gigs and festivals. I even produced a song that that is still shown on TV all the time (wont say what song lol).

I tried to stop completely when I embraced Islam. and now, I DO listen sometimes too, but no excessively.

I met Yusuf Islam and he was saying that Muslims NEED to produce music, because it is such a great way to reach non-practicing Muslims and also non-Muslims. It will (insha'Allah) show non-Muslims another side to Islam, away from terrorism etc.

I just think most of it, at the moment at least, is of a very poor standard.

A lot of people with a myspace put their music up for free, and if you're unsure you can ask. There are also sites that carry redistributable music eg [url], and you can use Google to search for [url="copyright free music"[/url] or the like.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

I asked a question about Urdu naats on another thread. But had no reply.

What is with the excessive echo on Urdu naats e.g. the ones on QTV? Is it to project the singers' voices or is it to hide the fact that they can't sing very well?

"ßeast" wrote:
Is it to project the singers' voices or is it to hide the fact that they can't sing very well?

Lol

A bit of both I think.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You know, try listening to Outlandish maybe or Yusuf Islam (great man!). Believe it or not you can also get some Pop music that's 'Music with Meaning' I can suggest some if you like.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
i personally find most nasheeds cringe worthy and embarrassing.

these people are NOT talented musically!!

they are like backstreet boys in thobes!

they are devaluing the subject matter that they are singing about because they are doing in a sickly-sweet, western-pop way.

very true but beats listening to music with constant swearing, how they have had a rough life and which girl they wanna get jiggy with!

lol same here. Personally i think there nothing wrong with listening to music as long as its clean (most western music isnt). 2 pac is defo out!