How Do You Re-charge YOUR Batteries?

Salaam

You know how sometimes a person feels spiritually low and far from Allah (swt).

Sometimes one lacks that high level of trust (tawakul) in Allah (swt) that they normally have…..dua’s decrease in intensity and the heart and soul become absent in prayer….

Sometimes the taunts and anti Islamic comments of people around them are taken to heart…sometimes one does not feel as Islamically at peace…..sometimes Islamic work becomes a struggle…..and ones spiritually batteries just feel low.

We all must feel like that from time to time

This may be due to a number of reasons…..in most cases its due to the environment (i.e. bad company) which negatively affects their level of Iman …..in other cases something bad has happened in that individuals life which has shook up their Iman…..sometimes its just because they’ve been sinning more then usual and as a result their hearts have become dirty….there are many many reasons…

So how do you re-charge YOUR spiritual batteries? How to you get that much needed Iman boost?

What type of charger do you use? What works for you?

Is it Dhikr? Is it good company? Is it Tobah? Is it intense conversation to Allah (swt) in the darkness of the night?

Do you start listening to lectures? Or do you wait for Ramadan to get that much needed Iman Boost?

We’re all different therefore obviously different things work for us…

Share you’re thoughts

Wasalaam

ive been running on cheap and nasty batteries most of my life, and therefore the will to do good ran out very easily and would rarely charge up!

but for me, most of it depends on will power....how strong you are inside. and that in itself is affected by my surroundings.

previously when i tried to be good....i was still surrounded by bad friends, bad habits etc and it didnt help very much

at the moment, alhamdulillah ive managed to remove a lot of my bad surroundings and i try to stay involved in islamic activites as much as possible.....its like a packet of Energizer - inshallah it just keeps on going and going and going and.... Smile

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Lol!

I too crave good company at all times...when I'm not surrounded by good company my batteries go flat...

its the same for most british muslims here i think, they adapt to thier surroundings.....which is why i dont want to go back to uni next month, i fear i may lose the charger

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Salam

You need better transport. Or else you will be stranded on the path.

You need a car that runs on wine instead of patrol.

They say that sooner or later world's oil supply will run out.

But wine will always be around.

Omrow

In my opinion theres 2 ways in which i deal with it.

1. I try my best to ride it out. You'll occationally come to bad times but they wont last and eventually you'll forget about them and return to the correct path.

2. I sometimes find that zikhr in the company of alot of good people helps as a quick re-charge. It gets the blood flowing, the heart beating faster and b4 you know it you're back on track. Wink

Back in BLACK

LOL

I've lost my charger-I'm always losing it

I normally jack someone elses charger

but serioulsy-I normally start getting reg with my prayers

that makes me feel like a better muslim again

Salaam

It is true that in order to keep our batteries charged up at all time we need to seek the company of the righteous and develop special attachments with them.

In fact Prophet Isa (AS) once said “Do not sit with the dead people”. (i.e. the spiritually dead people)…. since they’re so down they’ll only drag you down with them…

And Dhikr- that helps SO much….it keeps the remembrance of Allah (swt) always alive in our hearts and incorporated in our actions…

Sincere, earnest, private conversations to Allah (swt) in the darkness of the night helps too…

Wasalaam

slaam
this is a very good topic. i loose my batteries wenever something bad happens. i try hard not to make it have an effect on me but it beats me sometimes ..i know its shaytan dat makes me think the way i do. its very hard...wen i go through a bad time it tends to last a long time..eventually zikr or deep emotional conversation with Allah swt help.
yeh the people around you do heavly influence you.. even in the smallest ways. :roll:

Salaam

Usually in a persons life when bad stuff happen or when stuff don’t go in their favour it’s usually to test the Faith (Iman) of that person…. Cos trying/difficult times determine who we really are…..this is the test that most people fail at….

Once I was shook up cos something never went in my favour….I totally lost faith for a while….I still cringe and feel disgusted with myself when I think back to that time….that was the worst time in my life, it showed me how weak I was

To show dissatisfaction with the decree of Allah (swt) is what Muslims with weak Iman do….

If we look at the difficulties that we face in our life and think of them as opportunities to build our strengths... our attitude toward them will change.

We will feel stronger instead of weak and helpless.

Reliance on Allah (swt) helps. Knowing that these tests are from Him, to help us grow and become better human beings. Not only in relation to ourselves and Allah (swt) but with others as well…..

But this is easier said then done at times….

Wasalaam

slaam
different people deal with situations differently. one person may turn towards Allah swt when something bad has happened to them, they may have realised that it was a test and it has made them stronger. whereas another person may completely go off the path, their anger which shaytaan rages makes them turn away. this may have long lasting effects on the imaan..its so hard to make these kind of people understand..but with time and effort they can still get back on track. Lol

Salaam

I once read in this book called patience and gratitude that…

A wise man does straight away what a foolish man does a month later…(i.e. Sabr/patience).

What that means is that Sabr is something that should be done straight away (when something bad has happened)….but only the wise ones do that.

Wasalaam

"liberty4women" wrote:
but its better late than never

Definitely!

Some people spend their entire life feeling angry/bitter/hurt/upset etc etc over stuff that’s happened in the past….that’s not healthy at all.

people who do that often find it hard to move on. but do agree that its not healthy at all. they end up mising out on so much good stuff because of their anger etc. life goes on......bad things happen.... Lol

"liberty4women" wrote:
people who do that often find it hard to move on. but do agree that its not healthy at all. they end up mising out on so much good stuff because of their anger etc. life goes on......bad things happen.... Lol

like them stupid Romeo's who've been dumped in the past and yet have never, ever gotton over that girl

nothing is more lame then that :roll:

they spend all their time heartbroken and thinking of ways to get the girl back-

people need to learn to move on

its annoying when people dont let things go which happened over 20 years ago

:roll: :roll:

Isn't it the other way around?

Normally its the women who find it harder to move on.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

tell us more Mr Admin....which woman did you woo and ever since shes been stalkin you? Wink

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Admin" wrote:
Isn't it the other way around?

Normally its the women who find it harder to move on.

u get some girls who go into Juliet mode

but they usually get married and get over it

but I know of more guys like that

and its more lame for a guy to go into Romeo mode-guys should behave like MEN not Romeo's

acting like a lovesick Romeo is what girls should do

Asalamualaikum!

Mash'Allah!!! good topic

hmm..well my batteries hav ran out plenty of times n wen they run out i feel useless.

My way of re charging myself is dhikr or wen i talk 2 a really close friend, dats wen im re charged.

No one is perfect in dis life n neither am i. I try my best 2 remember Allah (swt) n his beloved Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) at all times, but bad company can weaken our iman.

Im pretty sure dat in few weeks most pple gnna start college or uni. These 2 places can weaken ur iman really easily but the best way 2 stay strong is 2 hav a daily routine of rememberin Allah swt, like readin darood sharif, also goin 2 mosque once a week.Not just 4 jummah but also a gathering, as im pretty sure many mosques hav dhikr mehfil's on saturday evenings.

Ramadhan is slowly approachin n im pretty sure dat will help many pple too.

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

"Mujahidah" wrote:

Im pretty sure dat in few weeks most pple gnna start college or uni. These 2 places can weaken ur iman really easily but the best way 2 stay strong is 2 hav a daily routine of rememberin Allah swt, like readin darood sharif, also goin 2 mosque once a week.Not just 4 jummah but also a gathering, as im pretty sure many mosques hav dhikr mehfil's on saturday evenings.

Ramadhan is slowly approachin n im pretty sure dat will help many pple too.

Yep- Universities can be very depressing...its a massive test of faith there at times...

Its wrong to follow the crowd but at the same time you cant help but feel alone and left out if you don't....

I too am really really looking forward to Ramadan this year...it always provides that much needed Iman boost

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Yep- Universities can be very depressing...its a massive test of faith there at times...

Its wrong to follow the crowd but at the same time you cant help but feel alone and left out if you don't....

I too am really really looking forward to Ramadan this year...it always provides that much needed Iman boost

It doez indeed dats y i mentioned ramadhan, but we hav 2 keep in mind dat ramadhan is only 1 month n after dat its up2 us 2 stay dat way.

My batteries get charged by shaykh ul islam, its somethin bout him that makes you defnitely think bout your deen and aim in life...other things like zikr mehfils etc are a very good way of chargin your batteries and like others have said spendin time in the company of good ppl.

"angel" wrote:
My batteries get charged by shaykh ul islam,

I'd definately agree wid u but wen Shaykh ul Islam is nt round us his spiritualy wid us, so in addition i use all de things dat i mentioned b4 like dhikr, good company etc.

i went umrah when I was 12-I felt more religioulsy charged up when I was there

and I LOVE Ramadan-I get a lot out of if I fast proplerly

fasting properly to me means-not fighting with my brother over Iftari food, not fighting with mum for not making enough munch and reading Quran and not missing my Fajr when I get up for Sehri

I think thats the case with everything-a person only benefits from stuff if they do it propely

yes very true, but its important we dont become one-month-muslims and try to implement that same lifestyle for the remainder of the year, so each Ramadhan that comes....we should Inshallah be better muslims than the last.

cant wait 4 eid Dirol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Nothing really get me charge up when I feeling down, I just normally put my head down for a while and wait for everything to blow over, it always worked in the past. Anything esle, only really affect me on a short term basis and normally feel down after a while. It just best to have patience in these situation.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"angel" wrote:
My batteries get charged by shaykh ul islam, its somethin bout him that makes you defnitely think bout your deen and aim in life...other things like zikr mehfils etc are a very good way of chargin your batteries and like others have said spendin time in the company of good ppl.

yes and listening to qwalies

"almas" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

yes and listening to qwalies

Defnitley, i also cant wait for ramadan, it does really test your pateince, esp. when you at got straight from listenin to borin lecutures at uni to moanin customers for full 12 hrs or so...but truly cant wait for it, the atmosphere in ramadan is just amazin

yep Ramadan does have that atmosphere

which my brother often ruins for me-

me and him are always fighting at Iftar time

boy when I'm hungry-I have no patience for any one :oops:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
ye Ramadan does have that atmosphere

which my brother often ruins for me-

me and him are always fighting at Iftar time

boy when I'm hungry-I have no patience for any one :oops:

Think of it as a time to learn patience!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Pages