Gordon Brown

[list]

Boris Johnson[/url]"][size=14][list][list]
[/list:u]You know what, I decided about lunchtime yesterday that I couldn't take any more. The whole thing was turning into a blubfest of nauseating proportions. First we had the Pyongyang-style standing ovation, in which hundreds of hypocritical parliamentarians clapped their hands sore in celebration of Tony Blair - when a great many of them have spent the past 10 years actively trying to winkle him out of Downing Street, a group that includes many on his own side, and above all his successor.

Then poor Margaret Beckett was so overwhelmed that she started to weep, and had to be "comforted" by John Reid, a procedure that is surely enough to make anyone snap out of it. And then we had the cavalcade moving off to the Palace, and what with the hushed tones of the newscasters and the thudding of the television helicopters overhead, the whole thing started to remind me of Diana's funeral.

"It has been a very emotional day," said Sky News's Adam Boulton. "I have seen some incredible things today, things I never thought I would see." What were these incredible things? "I have seen the Blairs' exercise bicycle removed from Number 10," groaned the honest fellow; and across Britain one imagined the Sky audience returning their sodden handkerchiefs to their eyes as they were racked with fresh bouts of sobbing. The exercise bicycle! The Prime Ministerial exercise bicycle! Never more to be used in Downing Street again! Woe, woe and thrice woe!

Even among the cynical brainboxes who sit here in the shadow ministry for higher education, I noticed a certain oohing and aahing, and so you will understand that I was seized with a desire to puncture the mood. Enough, I thought, of this glutinous sentimentality, and prepared to denounce the entire proceedings as a fraud.

Look here, I felt like saying, everyone is carrying on as though Blair's departure is the finest and noblest act of self-sacrifice since Captain Oates walked out into the blizzard. But he was pushed, for heavens' sake. He was forcibly ejected through the parliamentary tent-flaps by a Labour Party that was unable to forgive him for the war in Iraq.

This carefully choreographed handover is just the culmination of the putsch that was launched last autumn by some of his trustiest admirers, such as Siôn Simon MP; and quite frankly, I was going to add, I am myself not completely devastated that he is going.

Sky News may be treating it like the funeral of Queen Victoria, but I am really feeling quite chipper about the political extinction of Tony Blair. Yes, I was going to say, there are some of us who are bearing up pretty well, on the whole, and there are some of us who can't think of a better fate for Tony than to be carted off to the Middle East. I was just about to launch into a polemic on these lines, when something happened on the television that caused the words to die on my lips[url=

[/list:u]

Good riddance I say.

Only problems is that GB was also an integral part of his regime. he mroe or less funded everything.

So is there any difference?

I would love to see some, but frankly I am not holding out any hope.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Yes fare thee well tony, enjoy you're new job with the carlyle group where you will make a fortune from the war in Iraq you helped to create.

"You" wrote:
So is there any difference?

Same sh*t, different colour.. Wink

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

I dont like the look of him...

He looks more of a numbers man rather than someone who can run the country.

Im not even looking at his politics im just looking at his character.

Come to think about it ... i didnt really like Tony Blair that much either... that guy does dope. Now that may be alright for a local mayor or something but damn it not as a Prime Minister.

Can you imagine it? He'd be high as sh** selling state secrets for £20.

Back in BLACK

The fact he is good with figures is a GOOD thing.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

A lot of people get the impression that Gordon is gonna be a bigger clown than Tony Blair

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

[b]THE CHALLENGES FOR GORDON BROWN[/b]

Published: 27/06/07 17:00

The Ramadhan Foundation today congratulates Gordon Brown on being appointed as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, we hope that he will be more of a listening Prime Minster than his predecessor. There is huge responsibility on him to deliver on his promises and the British people will not forgive him if he fails to listen.

There are many challenges facing the incoming Prime Minister that we feel he needs to address, they are:

[b]
Tackling Extremism[/b]

The Muslim community has recognised that there is a small number of people that wish to cause harm to others, the Ramadhan Foundation is at the heart of the campaign to eradicate extremism from our country. We require the Government to listen and engage with the community, consult more widely with grassroots organisations, invest in the future make up of communities, action proposals agreed by the community, stop demonising Muslims and holding 1.6 million Muslims responsible for the actions of a small minority.

[b]Integration[/b]

The Ramadhan Foundation is disappointed that the Government’s attempts to address this issue have been all one sided. The proposals have focused solely on the responsibilities of the minority communities without considering on the responsibility of the majority communities. There needs to be more investment in helping newly arrived immigrants to learn English, you cannot demand they learn English and then cut the funding for ESOL classes. We urge the Prime Minister to demand a u-turn on this contradictory proposal that will encourage more separation and less integration.

[b]Faith Schools
[/b]

Despite attempts by secularists to abolish faith schools it is important for the incoming Prime Minister to ensure that faith schools are provided with all resources to ensure they teach equality, justice, integration, and tolerance. People cannot hide away from faith schools being some of the highest achievers in exams. We urge the Government to include more Muslim schools in the state funded sector though enabling more support for the schools to prosper. There needs to be total equality for all faiths in this area, the same facilities should be given to faith schools. Islam teaches tolerance, respect, cohesion, and this need to be recognised.

[b]Poverty and Deprivation

[/b]

The Ramadhan Foundation urges the Prime Minister to tackle the inequalities and discrimination amongst Britain’s minority communities, it is a disgrace than Ethnic minority men are five times more likely to be rejected for a job than their white peers. There are many more Ethnic minority families living in the UK that suffer poverty than when Labour came to power in 1997. They are finding it harder to get sustainable jobs that pay well. We urge the Government to develop a cross Departmental strategy to tackle these issues, this will be the biggest tool to defeat extremism.

[b]Policing[/b]

The Ramadhan Foundation is the first Muslim organisation to pay tribute for the hard work our police do in our name and to protect us, not everyone can sacrifice their lives to save others but with this power comes huge responsibility. We cannot hide away that since the Stephen Lawrence inquiry there still is institutional racism in the police forces, that’s why we believe that Greater Manchester Police were wrong to say there was no institutional racism in the force. We urge the Prime Minister to set up a review into Stop and Search that is being carried out and why ethnic minorities are stopped more often than others even though they are in a minority. There needs to be constructive engagement with young people so that they feel their voice is being heard.

[b]UK Foreign Policy[/b]

The Ramadhan Foundation has consistently argued that the double standards of UK foreign policy have increased the risk of terrorism in the UK. This does not mean we do not condemn terrorism as our record speaks for itself on this issue; we have consistently spoken out against this evil. However, we need to recognise that this sort of terrorism is increased when we go into an illegal war in Iraq, we refuse to condemn the aggression of Israel against Palestinians, and Lebanese and we do not respect democracy when it delivers something the west does not want. We urge the Prime Minister to rebalance the foreign policy from an aggressive to a reserved policy where human rights, tolerance, and respect for sovereignty are paramount even when we disagree with the end result. We further urge the Government to speak out and take action against the Israeli aggression that is carried out in the Middle East and ensure that the daily oppression is stopped and also for the world to respect the choice of the Palestinian people.

[b]Mr Shazad Anwar, Chief Executive comments[/b]

On behalf of the Ramadhan Foundation I wish Gordon Brown the very best wishes in his new role of Prime Minster. I can reassure the British people that where we agree with the Government we will support them and we strongly disagree we will speak out, this is a unique role we have carried over the past few years.

We hope that this detailed study of the challenges facing the Prime Minister will be looked at and seriously considered. The British people wish to see action not further spin.

The Ramadhan Foundation will continue to provide a platform for the views of young Muslims to be expressed to Government, media, and the world. The challenges are for the Government to respond to this positive approach.

END

Notes for editors

The Ramadhan Foundation is the UK's leading Muslim youth organisation that is working for peaceful co-existence and dialogue for all communities. Based in Greater Manchester and working to also create the platform for Muslim unity amongst our communities in the UK.

For further information contact:

Mr. Mohammed Shafiq

Press Spokesman

Mr. Mohammed Shafiq

Ramadhan Foundation Press Spokesman

07814 835912 or 07989764624

Tel: 0870 111 0213

Fax: 0870 111 0213

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

I don't feel secure and comfortable with him as prime minister.

"Purity is half of faith.......Prayer is the light...patience is illumination; and the Quran is an argument for or against you. Everyone starts his day and is a vendor of his soul, either freeing it or bringing about its ruin." Muslim

Why not?

Unknown quantity?
Known quantity?
Bad hair?

It's gotta be the bad hair!!!