IMPROVEMENTS + MANY ACCOUNTS DELETED

ok, I have made a few changes to these forums which should *hopefully* reduce the number of spammers.

I have also started deleting spam accounts. Only problem is I have accidentally deleted atleast one real account (may be three). So, if your account has been deleted, my apologies. Just create ti again and I will try to keep my fingers at bay.

When you say [i]these[/i] forums do you mean this one or the other one?

And if you mean this one then does that mean we won't be moving for a while?

EDIT: how comes you haven't deleted the accounts with 0 posts huh huh!

These ones.

The 0 post accounts will be deleted with the upgrade to the new system.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Made many more changes to the site.

Hopefully no-one will notice any difference...

[b]EDIT[/b]

Seems I spoke too soon. there are a few issues that need to be sorted.

[b]EDIT 2[/b]

Should be sorted now.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

These past few days have probably been my most productive Revival wise in a long long time.

Done a few more changes to the site. I removed the separate news article section, combined it with the articles one. The separate news was not really being used too much.

It looks better like this aswell IMO. Simpler.

Once again, the beauty of the majority of thing I did is that if it works, you should not notice a thing. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

You could just assume the mods are doing an even better job with all the spam.

PS I have activated unmoderated comments on the main site. I hope the new captcha is good enough to prevent the spam...

I am thinking of getting rid of the fourth bar on the main site.

Now the question is - do I make the page thinner, or do I use that space to make the main articles section wider?

What's that login tab for on the home page?

I was curious and tried logging in with my forum username and password and it didn't work.

That is for site login - allowing us to update the website. Nothing to do with forums.

Well, I have made many many changes to the website now.

It is three columns instead of 4. The main content section is also wider. If you look up top there is a search button.

The magazine bar is much improved.

Should the overall width of the pages be reduced?

I think it all looks really good.

The three columns on the home page look good, the magazine bar looks really good and I think the width is fine.

Only thing I would say is it all lacks a bit of colour. It's all just blue and white with blocks of green and a bit of red. To be honest though, don't know what to suggest... what if you changed the background of the top banner to that deep red or gave the links on it a red background? Or added more colour to the different section links on the left hand side? I don't know... just looks very white to me. But still great.

Will the only place to advertise be in that block at the bottom? Or can you add adverts elsewhere too?

blue and red do not mix. At all. They cause eye strain.

of course not everyone gets the eye strain, but a significant number of people do.

I am open to options though with regards to the colours.

Lol, ok something else then.

BTW that green causes eye strain.

Blue and Red? What are you gonna have them in stars and stripes too?

What is it with muslims and green. Everything has to be green... this is green ... that should be green... they're not happy unless something is green.

Well damn it there are other colours out there and theres nothing wrong with Blue!!!

Back in BLACK

Green was on of the favourite colours of the Holy Prophet (saw).

"Noor" wrote:
Green was on of the favourite colours of the Holy Prophet (saw).

yeah im gonna need evidence.

Back in BLACK

You’ll get your evidence once I’ve found the reference insha'allah.

I always thought it was because the dome on the mosque was green.

Apart from the the actual flag used by Muslims was white.

"You" wrote:
I always thought it was because the dome on the mosque was green.

yeah... but thats no real reason.

Im sure theres a Blue Mosque too... so why not rant on about Blue?

Back in BLACK

I was talking about the myth that we all love green.

I personally have no favourite colour. Every colour looks good ni some places, bad in others.

ok, made a few more changes to the site. Things were broken but I had not realised.

If you spot any errors etc, let me know.

"Historical" and "modern" are a submenu for "people"

So shouldn't the 'P' be in capitals if it's the menu for Modern and Historical?

It just doesn't look right.

Fixed.

If you use Firefox then install the add-on 'Adblock Plus'

it blocks most adds so saves you loading times.

Since about ten days ago. It's more or less a test.

See if they are of any use to us or not...

Well they are (totally) out of the way atm.

how is a retro space hopper relevant lol but i suppose if you got kids then it could be.
what if one of the sites someone did find useful but they dont want to say because everybody thinks they are irrelevant (and no it is not me im just saying hypothetically)

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy