hayfever!!

Who else suffers from hayfever?

I love summer...........but June is always difficult. I get really itchy watery eyes!! Its such a shame I can't enjoy the weather out there!!

Anyone have any advice?? Any good products that will help?

If you buy Benodryl it cost something like £4.50 for 7 tablets. You can buy Superdrug own-brand 'Cetirizine hydrochloride' which is somethibng like £1.50 for 7 tablets and i EXACTLY THE SAME PILLS!!!

it normally works a treat for me, the best time to take them is at Fajr cos that way they have a chance to kick in before you go out.

Today seems particularly bad for hay-fever tho, I'm normally ok but today i'm sneezing SO much.

Alhamdulillah!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Yeah i get heyfever too.

Watery or Itchy eyes, non-stop sneezing yep... every year. Its supposed to get better as you get older.

And every year i have to emegrate from one side of the house to the other. My room faces out towards the sunrise and theres a field infront of it. So every summer i emegrate to the guest room on the other side of the house and there i keep everything shut tight and a fan on 24/7 to keep the room nice and cool. Its the only way i get any sleep in the summer.

I take Clarityn from Superdrugs... it seems to help somewhat. And this year ive also picked up some eye drops to help with the itchy eyes... it seems to have done the trick somewhat.

But i neither hate nor like it... but simply accept it (besides ive prob done something to deserve it anyway).

Back in BLACK

I don't think I get hayfever.

However this year since the weather has gone decent, I have had itchy eyes and feel more dazed than normal. I think it is more a lack of sleep than anything.

You can't develop hayfever later on can you?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"You" wrote:

You can't develop hayfever later on can you?

Like all alergic reaction... yes... yes you can. Even if you 40 odd and never had it before prolonged exposure can eventually result in an allergic reaction.

Come on Admin you should know that.

Back in BLACK

I think you can, coz im getting it pretty bad now, whereas i've never had it before. Its annoying to say the least :?

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Unlucky guys!

I sneezed about 30 times in three days and lots of people said you have hayfever?!!

hmmmm...... I don't think I have it and InshaAllah I don't get it in the future.

He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition, burns a picture to obtain the ashes!

Hayfever indeed is very annoying, today its been pretty bad for me....

And i havent slept much in the last few days on purpose, but dunt think im gonna get much tonight either thanks to hayfever....Gonna be dazed at work tomorw (thats if i go Lol )

I once got Zirtex for hayfever 3 years ago. It didnt work at all, freakin useless. No medicine for hayfever seems to work for me. Ive never tried Benadryl tho, mite giv it a shot c if it can cure me, its spose to be fast acting accordin to the adverts...

1 Thing I think works for hayfever tho is....

Take a glass of cold water, put a tea bag in it, stir well, and drink it. It works a tiny bit. if not, atleast it'll get u on a caffiene high (Cheap red bull)

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

"mmm" wrote:

I sneezed about 30 times in three days

That means at least 30 people are talking about you, what did you do last summer eh
Blum 3

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

"Naz" wrote:
"mmm" wrote:

I sneezed about 30 times in three days

That means at least 30 people are talking about you, what did you do last summer eh
Blum 3

hehe

He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition, burns a picture to obtain the ashes!

for anyone still suffering, i got some gud tablets from pharmacy last week....1 a day, and hayfever gone!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

or maybe its gone bcoz it's been raining for the past few days Blum 3

hey fever injections are best from the doctor effect lasts up to 6 weeks but this year still getting itcy eyes and nose even with the injection so using beconase nasal spray and clarityn, gotta get some eye drops

changing clothes when you come inside and a shower relieves the symptoms a little and having an air purifier also helps

"peacegirl" wrote:
Who else suffers from hayfever?

I love summer...........but June is always difficult. I get really itchy watery eyes!! Its such a shame I can't enjoy the weather out there!!

Anyone have any advice?? Any good products that will help?

I suffer from Hayfever and Asthma.

It is quite hard coping but my tablet helps. I take something called 'Xyzal' and I have an air purifier aswell.

"Purity is half of faith.......Prayer is the light...patience is illumination; and the Quran is an argument for or against you. Everyone starts his day and is a vendor of his soul, either freeing it or bringing about its ruin." Muslim

"laila" wrote:
hey fever injections are best from the doctor effect lasts up to 6 weeks but this year still getting itcy eyes and nose even with the injection so using beconase nasal spray and clarityn, gotta get some eye drops

changing clothes when you come inside and a shower relieves the symptoms a little and having an air purifier also helps

You do realise whats in those injections? Not to mention you have to take multiple injections for your body to build up a proper immune respose to hayfever.

Some drugs work for some people while not for others... reason? Other than the fact they're two different people its also possible they are allergic to two different [b]TYPES[/b] of hayfever.
Hence just coz X tablets work for you... dont mean they'll work for some1 else.

Back in BLACK