Cheaters?

Salaam

I received a letter from Uni a while back regarding an assignment that I had allegedly colluded.

I was really stressed out when I received that letter cos I’m coming towards the end of my course and I didn’t want anything to jeopardise my finals…and this is a issue that people get kicked out of Uni for. Luckily for me, my friend who DID copy my assignment honestly admitted to the school that I did not give her my consent that she could copy my assignment. So, my Uni decided not to take any action against me.

My friend later informed me that, she had copied two single sentences. However, the school is going to still take action against her.

Throughout my course, I have helped people with their work; I have lent people my assignments…I would never give anyone permission to copy my work. But sometimes…looking at other people’s work gives you an idea on how to tackle your own work….esp when you’re stuck.

I’ve never understood why this is seen as such a serious offence if you’re caught. I just seeing it as helping someone else…

I’ve seen people getting kicked out of Uni cos of plagiarism…and to me, plagiarism is copying someone else’s work and passing it off as your own…or getting someone else to do your work. However, people have been accused of plagiarising, when, to me, it seems like an referencing error made in ignorance.

Oxford University says there were 16 cases of suspected plagiarism investigated between March 2006 and 2007. There were 11 in the same period the year before. Cambridge has investigated approximately 30 cases of suspected plagiarism by undergraduates and postgraduates this academic year. The year before, there were about five.

[url=

How many of us have asked a 2nd/3rd year student from their school for their assignment? How many of us have lent their assignment to others? How many of us have worked together on an assignment? And how many of us have been accused of collusion or plagiarism?

And is it really so wrong to help others?

Wasalaam

None of my friends have asked me for my assignments and vice versa. If one

of my friends did ask to look at my assignment i think i would be a bit

reluctant for her to look at it. Its not because i wouldnt trust her its just that

most ppl are not aware that they are plagiarising. Plus sometimes when you

read something it stays in your head and you end up writing it in your

assignment without realising. I have always done research together with

friends and recommended books. If a friend has not understood what the

assignment includes or how to go about attempting it then i have explanied

to them how i will go about it.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Im relaxed about this, i dont mind helping mates and letting them see my work....and in return, i get to see theirs and they help me. but we all know that we gona do our own work and not copy each other...altho 1 dude kinda copied quite a bit of mine, but i guess at the end of the day i dont mind too much.

anyone else, i would only talk to them about work, not hand it over. However, this year, i prepared an answer for a seen paper, and i gave it to select people only, but i was a bit angry to see that someone i never wanted my work to be seen by, used my answer :x

same dude writes loadsa case names and academics names on his hands and gets away with it

on the point of cheating, its WAY too easy in uni exams

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:

that is so true
they say you can only take clear pencil cases and ppl dont. Sometimes they dont bother checking staute books. Its funny how so many ppl always seem to need the loo during an exam (and its not because of the nerves).

"Naz" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:

that is so true
they say you can only take clear pencil cases and ppl dont. Sometimes they dont bother checking staute books. Its funny how so many ppl always seem to need the loo during an exam (and its not because of the nerves).

I know i could have done better on two exams had i cheated, but i did my dua and didnt need to cheat. Trust in Allah (Swt)

i had my statute book stolen from my desk just b4 exam started :x

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:

OMG thats awful. Ppl tend to go abit crazy durin exams (must be all the stress) and they do stupid things like steal.
I could never cheat in an exam would feel too guilty and Allah (SWT) sees everything.

"Naz" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:

OMG thats awful. Ppl tend to go abit crazy durin exams (must be all the stress) and they do stupid things like steal.
I could never cheat in an exam would feel too guilty and Allah (SWT) sees everything.

Yeah and then they hid my statute book under the bags after the exam :x :x

BUT....altho i didnt revise the provisions, during the exam i started stressing because i was told i would have to make do without the statute book.....i started reading duas and stuff in ma head, asking for help....and VOILA, all the provisions (largely the Domestic Violence question) came to my head Biggrin .......s33(7) balance of harm test, s33(6) discretion etc etc Dirol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

i always take my statue book but hardly use it lol. I have this thing about memorising the provisons (im good at remebering numbers) that way saves me tym lookin them up because you dont have enough time as it is during exams. I always read my kalma before turing over any exam paper I cant believe you still remeber all that lol ive already forgotten. Inshallah all will work out for you despite sum bugger nickin ur staute book.

"Naz" wrote:
i always take my statue book but hardly use it lol. I have this thing about memorising the provisons (im good at remebering numbers) that way saves me tym lookin them up because you dont have enough time as it is during exams. I always read my kalma before turing over any exam paper I cant believe you still remeber all that lol ive already forgotten. Inshallah all will work out for you despite sum bugger nickin ur staute book.

Wierd thing is, anything i was struggling to remember at the time, sticks in my head forever after the exam (the livingstone-stallard test the most annoying!) lol.

Inshallah. Goin for 2:1 or 1st?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:
(the livingstone-stallard test the most annoying!) lol.

ive just been thinking about that test for the past 10 min n i dont have a clue lol me getting forgetful in my old age lol. A 1st is it now, arent we confident lol.

"Naz" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:
(the livingstone-stallard test the most annoying!) lol.

ive just been thinking about that test for the past 10 min n i dont have a clue lol me getting forgetful in my old age lol. A 1st is it now, arent we confident lol.

I said are you going for a 1st, not me!!!

Im borderline 2:1/2:2 thanks to Evidence

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

lol soz tryin to do two things at once
il b more than happy with 2:1. Yeh evidence was a weakest, most ppl did crap my m8 was gonna get hers sent off to be remarkd thats if francis gave permission (which i doubt coz if the marks go up then it looks bad for him)

[color=indigo][b]stick to topic :roll: [/b][/color]

"Noor" wrote:

sorry Sad

"Noor" wrote:

but thats not in line with revival traditions!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

[color=indigo][b]i no, but every1 still says it anyway![/b][/color]

Quote:
[b]Google bans essay writing adverts[/b]

Google is to ban adverts for essay writing services - following claims that plagiarism is threatening the integrity of university degrees.

There have been complaints from universities about students being sold customised essays on the internet.

The advert ban from the Google search engine has been "warmly welcomed" by university authorities.

But it has angered essay writing firms which say this will unfairly punish legitimate businesses.

[url]

cheating in exam is way too common

all the stupid boys on my course fight to sit next to me the 'clever one' in exams

i feel like thumping them all and purposelly failing my paper just so they'd fail theirs too

stupid dogs :evil:

Yesterdays Manchester Evening News ..... Cheating is a massive problem in manchester uni's.

Manchester Uni has the largest campus in Britain, and the number of cheaters is more than double of the last year. Currently, they have 1 more cheat than our uni Biggrin - and our uni's number of cheats has dropped.

You gotta be stupid to pay for a 1st class pHD - £20,000

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
cheating in exam is way too common

all the stupid boys on my course fight to sit next to me the 'clever one' in exams

i feel like thumping them all and purposelly failing my paper just so they'd fail theirs too

stupid dogs :evil:

yeah... thats prob the only reason they would sit next to you :roll:

there are some people out there whose motto is:

Use, Abuse, Lie, Cheat and Steal...

Actually thats 2 mottos mashed togeather but you get the idea.

Back in BLACK

we have to subit all assignments through turn it in UK which checks against plagirism and gives you a percentage of how much is not your own work

bt its stupid- it checks against others who are handing in the same assignment- if your all doing the same assignment some of your refernces are bound to be the same

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.