THE REVIVAL MARRIAGE BUREAU:-)

salaam

After years of contemplation i have decided to go ahead with this project...setting up a voluntary marraige bureau...probbaly on line...

ONLY REASON is that i know tooo many ppl struggling to find a marriage partner....and hopefully through the revival we can set up a database and find suitable partners for ppl inshallah...

i have a few scholars on board aswell...

firstly i need ideas from ppl here...
is it good idea or not?
too many on line marriage bureaus already?
good for revival or negative?
will ppl be prepared to give us their personal details etc...

NEED AS MUCH FEEDBACK AS POSSIBLE...before i make the next decision...

wasalaam

Will you also facilitate civil partnerships?

Under new legislation it will be illegal to withold services to people on the basis of their sexuality.

"ßeast" wrote:
Will you also facilitate civil partnerships?

Under new legislation it will be illegal to withold services to people on the basis of their sexuality.

no. this is a muslim marriage bureau...
so muslims who are looking to get married to the opposite sex... end of.

That's no defence.

If you go ahead with this you could end up in a bit of a pickle.

By online... Do you mean me doing everything? :twisted:

If so, I say nay.

Beast also as a valid issue.

If you think we need to get involved in this subject it would probably be best to partner up with an existing "agency".

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"ßeast" wrote:
That's no defence.

so u telling me all muslim marriage bureaus now cater for homosexual marriages? i dont think so...
and all christian, jewish etc who are against gay marriages and men and women living together if they're not married etc...

neway, dont worry about this... cos i'm not.

what do u think of the concept of revival catering for muslims who cant find a marriage partner?
and what i need i sideas of how to cater for this....

"Admin" wrote:
By online... Do you mean me doing everything? :twisted:

If so, I say nay.

Beast also as a valid issue.

If you think we need to get involved in this subject it would probably be best to partner up with an existing "agency".

surprise surprise, admin thinks its a bad idea...cos he might have to do some work lol
i know how lazy you are...so once we get going and u cant be bothered to do it...i will find several alternatives.

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
"ßeast" wrote:
That's no defence.

so u telling me all muslim marriage bureaus now cater for homosexual marriages? i dont think so...
and all christian, jewish etc who are against gay marriages and men and women living together if they're not married etc...

neway, dont worry about this... cos i'm not.

what do u think of the concept of revival catering for muslims who cant find a marriage partner?
and what i need i sideas of how to cater for this....

You can sign up to an exclusion where you WILL point people towards an alternative service which caters for them. but this is only upto some point in 2008 where it will be illegal to not deal with them.

Remember the big fuss about catholic adoption agencies a few months a go? same issue.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

[color=indigo][b]I doubt many people will sign up with you, there's already too many online marriage bureaus out there. [/b][/color]

A more important question is "why?"

Why do we want to do this?

"Noor" wrote:
[color=indigo][b]I doubt many people will sign up with you, there's already too many online marriage bureaus out there. [/b][/color]

thers many muslim magazines why do ppl read the revival?
theres millions of forums, why are ppl on this one?

and as for admins why question:

theres millions of marriage bureaus yet ppl are still finding it hard to find some1, alot arent aware or trust on line bureaus...hopefully ppl trust us, know us through the mag, webiste, this forum etc.... plus our audience are mainly ppl looking to get married if not now there in the near future....

we will be catering for a need...

plus there are other benefits for revival which i wont mention here...

I think it would be good idea (having said that I wouldnt personally ever even think of joining one of these marriage bureau thingies)

This something major which requires a lot of though and involvement of people who have experience but also Islamic knowledge, you need to make sure that no one breaks Islamic ruling when getting in contact with others. You have to also establish how genuine a person is and whether they are taking the piss or not.

Also there has to be a middle person who has to act as a contact for the brother/sister who are interested in each other. Also the idea of having scholars involved is a good thing because they will be there to ensure everything is run smoothly.

If everything is done islamically then it would be a great idea, having said that we had people flirting on this forum and revival was being blamed for that when it wasnt even revivals fault. If people do get in touch with each other through revival marriage bureau and people get over excited and start exchanging numbers and meeting alone, revival wil have a part in this and you have to be willing to answer to any Q's. Some people may not like this idea hence be put of the magazine. Some parents may even think you are encouraging dating (for which u need to clarify your stance)

Sorry bout the long post

I think it would be a bad idea.

marriage agents are scumbags.. well i've been told anyway.

The effort would be better spent opening a take away.

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

"khan" wrote:
I think it would be a bad idea.

marriage agents are scumbags.. well i've been told anyway.

The effort would be better spent opening a take away.

i wud disagree 200%

there are good and bad marriage bureau on line
a good one can help and change someones life..
it catering for muslims..there is a need to find a marriage partner...

and i aint a marriage agent...plus im not a scum bag...well i hope ppl dont see me as one:-) plus th erevival will do this voluntarily...

u see a marriage bureau/online is not everyones cup of tea... its just another halal way of finding a husband/wife...

opening a takeaway... is what u do when u cant open any other business lol

lol.. nah i respect what ur saying..

u are not a scum bag bro.. didnt mean for it to come out like that.

just wanted to highlight the types of stereotypes that come with the job.

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

out of interest...how many ppl here who are single would trust The Revival in finding them a marriage partner...especially if they did not want to get married 'back home' or didnt know anyone here???

i tink it'll b an oryt idea ....

it shud wrk... der r alot of ppl out there lookin for marriage partners..... i no a few !!

the ppl dat read the revival mag n visit da site etc shud trust this marriage bureau then oda ones !!

i'd join it!! wel im nt lukin 2 gt married yt ... once i was if it was up and runnin - i'd c...

ღ°•.♥.•°☆ §מּמּ∂ΐמּ ☆°•.♥.•°ღ

out of interest...how many ppl here who are single would trust The Revival in finding them a marriage partner...especially if they did not want to get married 'back home' or didnt know anyone here???

Not a chance is hell.

But then again I don't trust anyone.

i think its a good idea
yeah i think its true to say that many muslims find it hard to find a partner. There are loads of marriage Bureaus online BUT many ppl are familar with the work of revival and therefore are more likely to trust the ppl behind it. Also the idea of scholars is good, it shows you are taking it seriously. However, the only downside is many of the ppl on this forum are young and therefore myt treat it as a dating serivce which the parents arent goin to be pleased about. A mistake like this could tarnish the revival, are you willing to take that risk? The only other prob is that its bein run by oldhamers Biggrin

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

I do trust The Revival but wouldn't join the online marriage bureau, or any other ones. Some people see joining marriage bureaus as being desperate but I wouldn't know.

But I guess it would help some people out, some people may say that they wouldn't join it now but may change their mind in the future.

"Naz" wrote:
The only other prob is that its bein run by oldhamers

You got a point there, but I doubt the scholars are all from Oldham.

Are people from Oldham dodgy or summat :?

If we do set up revival marriage bureau (RMB 8)) can I help? That way i can name and shame the desperate people Blum 3 Lol (joke!)

"Angel" wrote:
Are people from Oldham dodgy or summat :?

summit like that lol

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

heeeeeeeeeyyyy

wats rong wiv oldham ppl ??? :evil:

ღ°•.♥.•°☆ §מּמּ∂ΐמּ ☆°•.♥.•°ღ

Ed how many guys/girls have actually approached you about getting married?

Is it enough to start up a marriage bureau?

If so, it is a good idea. And as a organisation that works with the Muslim Youth this is one of issues that you should cater for.

However, at the same time...marriage bureaus have a massive stigma attached to them...many do see it as a 'desperate thing'....which makes me wonder how people you'd actually get signed up.

I have a friend who recently got married to a sister he met through an online marriage service. They seem very happy together so far, although its still early days! Anyway, i think its very dangerous system, how can we assure there aren't weirdos or perverts signing up? is it really the aim of the revival to do this sort of thing?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

I don't think its any more/less dangerous than any other ways to meet someone.

Some friends of mine have met psychopaths via the arranged and love marraige route.

There's not a guarentee in any type if marriage these days.

i agree, but i was kinda meaning the Revival could get into trouble if we don't regulate it. I agree that it might be better teaming up with an existing service and putting the 'revival' stamp of authenticity on it

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Yeh, checks will def need to be made.

And the Revival also needs to decide on the best way to do this.

MPAC hooked quite a few marraiges up a few years ago, they did it via the 'speed dating' way. They made some money too.

I'd never ever heard of Muslim Marriage bureau's until I came on this forum and saw an organisation plugging theirs. I was a bit shocked at first to be honest. I thought it was a bit scandalous, lol.

I still don't know much about them, but if everything is done properly and there is a need for them, then I think it's a good idea.

Never really thought of it like that, but it's true most Revival readers are probably thinking about marriage, so I think it would be successful. But if there are already loads of marriage bureaus out there and there is still a need, then you've got to look at why that is. And how The Revival's will be different. How would you deal with the whole taboo issue? That is a major thing.

Ed... of all the ideas you've ever had... this one takes the vicodin.

Whats wrong with you? Didnt you have enough work to begin with? The magazines a full time job on its own... without working in a speed dating gig.

So people have problems finding someone... boo-frickety-hoo tell them to widen their horizons and maybe lower their expectations a little. Coz lets face it Prince Charming can only hook up with one chick at a time and Aishwarya Rai is now officially off the market. Besides if they're soo desperate that they'd sign onto a marriage bureau then they're officialy desperate enough to lower their expectations. Cheez!

Honestly... i go away for a few days and what do i find when i get back? That suddenly left is right, up is down and logic is on a ski vacation with his buddy reason.

As the philosopher Jagger once said, 'You can't always get what you want.

Back in BLACK

I think this is a good idea PROVIDED you or your assistants interview in person any applicants you can't already vouch for and you are willing to exclude anyone who lies about themselves or displays an unhealthy attitude to the thing (such as sex-maniacs, criminals or bigots). Security and credibility aside the benefits of this are you can try to pair up people who genuinely seem similar or well-matched (don't experiment!), people are unlikely to screw it up or behave inappropriately having gone through a fairly intimate interview and you can assess the best way for people to get in contact. There are two types of marriage agents (we call them shadchens). You wouldn't be an impersonal commercial-style agency so much as offering a personal, attentive and loving service for your subscribers.

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

Pages