Official Big Brother 2007 Topic

Big Brother's burka sister

BIG Brother bosses are set to introduce a veil-wearing “burka babe” into the house.

They are on the verge of selecting a Muslim girl with strict Islamic views for the series, which starts a week tonight.

Channel 4 chiefs don’t believe her appearance will trigger anything like the race row that hit Celebrity BB earlier this year.

Executives are desperate to avoid anything like the outcry over the treatment of Bollywood beauty Shilpa Shetty, 31.

And after lengthy meetings they decided a devout Muslim girl wearing a veil or headscarf would command respect in the house.

The housemate would also be able to educate the others about her beliefs and customs.

It is possible she may even wear a full-length gown covering her body.

An insider said: “There’s a strong feeling housemates this time round will quite rightly show the maximum respect for anyone from a different culture.

“We also believe that such a scenario could prove a fascinating learning experience for everyone involved.

“There’s a feeling that the show needs to prove that there are no racial
barriers and bosses are keen to have housemates who reflect all sides of society.”

A show spokesman said: “Big Brother never confirms housemates prior to the reveal on launch night.

Link:

Comment:

If she really strictly followed Islam by wearing a burka, would she sleep in a room with men?

What do the makers of Big Brohter hope to achieve?

Will any practicing sister who wears a burka go on Big brother?

Notice how Islam has become a source of controversy and the Muslim woman the focus for western interest.

We as Muslims have a big duty to educate non-Muslims about our belief, how it is based upon intellect and not blind faith like the evolution thory.

Also Islam is a way of life which has solutions for socital problems and the Caliphate existed for over 1000 years and set new standards in many areas of science and technological advancement.

They just asking for trouble if they put a burka in.

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

erm.. is this not the place where there are cameras in the shower/bathroom?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
erm.. is this not the place where there are cameras in the shower/bathroom?

yep. If she a strict muslim why she going into the house? There are better ways to educate the ignorant. This is gonna turn ugly i can just see it now :x

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

It's her choice really.

No need for us to get all vindictive.

and (slightly getting ahead of time here, but) can we please keep this as the only BB topic? I'll even make it all official like.

EDIT: changed the title. I really want one topic which can ignore instead of ten. Not that I'll not be (semi)ignoring most topics. :twisted:

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

yeh it is her choice but i dont think the dead religious people are gonna be too happy about it especially because its a woman. I can just see the picket line outside the BB house.

I don't really see what right they have to spit their dummies out.

I doubt many of them would be her husband/siblings/parents.

After that it is mostly gossip/slander/backbiting. people trying to be "holier than thou".

true true
but holy moly people cant help themselves they just have to say something.
Its like that muslim woman who played tennis in shorts or a skirt cant remember but look at the outrage that caused.

Let's wait to see what happens first.

Don't wanna take it on one type of people instead of the other. Lol

you dont need to see what happens i have already told you Biggrin
when does it start anyway? not that i will be watchin it but then again house mates will be so dont suppose will have much of a choice.

Next week I think. A time to avoid telly I think.

i thought jermaine jackson gave a very good example of a muslim when he was on the celeb BB. its kinda a shame about the whole race row, cos if it wasn't for that i'm sure he would have won.

but obviously there are different issues whe it comes to a woman going onto the program.

Insha'Allah they won't choose someone who goes around being judgemental about 'kafirs' the whole time and whenever she sees everyone getting into the hottub together saying 'Islam doesn't allow this at all.' Everyone KNOWS Islam doesn't allow this at all.

They could do a whole lot better than Kemal, tho

Don't just do something! Stand there.

i agree with Admin on this one. The holy brigade wannabes had nothing bad to say when other male muslims entered the big brother house, jermaine jackson wasn't the first, he was just the first muslim celeb that's all.

Now all a sudden muslims are going nuts with the possibility it could be a muslim woman, and so what? It's double standards. If you weren;t up in arms when the brothers went on why the big hoo haa coz of a sister?

Of course i think BB is a lewd environment for any practising person of any faith or no faith, it's filth at it's most concentrated level. Addictive filth that's why so many ppl tune in even though they detest it.

P.S the issue with the muslim female tennis player, ironic ppl complaining are ok with watching other non muslim women playing tennis in skirts but not muslim women? low life!

This is disgusting. I am going to complain to Channel 4.

They should have a little respect for women. They treat women like objects of entertainment.

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

"malik" wrote:
This is disgusting. I am going to complain to Channel 4.

They should have a little respect for women. They treat women like objects of entertainment.

correct me if I'm wrong, but no1s forced anybody onto the show against their will.

plus, there's always the chance it could be an actress placed in there by the show's producers/zionists (you like conspiracy theories so will prob agree)

Don't just do something! Stand there.

i think its gna cause quite a few problems
but theyll get more ppl watchn it so deyll get more money n viewings wil go up.probably why deyr gna get a burka woman more ppl will watch it wich is wt dey want

ZShabbir

We're forgetting one very important thing here.

This story is from the Daily Star!!! It doesn't deserve discussion as news.

Just read the last para:

Quote:

A show spokesman said: “Big Brother never confirms housemates prior to the reveal on launch night.

Note the indecisive wording:
"on the verge"
"would command respect "
"would also"
"It is possible"
"strong feeling"
"We also believe"
"There’s a feeling"

Can you spot any instances were the words "will" and "is" are used without qualification? No.

Furthermore, comparing 1000 years of the Caliphate and Muslim scientific and technological discovery to Big Brother is rather unfair on Western civilisation.

"Showkat" wrote:
Also Islam is a way of life which has solutions for socital problems and the Caliphate existed for over 1000 years and set new standards in many areas of science and technological advancement.

P.S the issue with the muslim female tennis player, ironic ppl complaining are ok with watching other non muslim women playing tennis in skirts but not muslim women? low life![/quote]

i didnt say i had a problem with the muslim woman tennis player. If she wants to reveal flesh and have thousands of men gawping at her thats her own business. Just that society seems more accepting when a man bends the rules but if a woman does it then lets looked down upon. BB is only running because of the sex and nudity it contains. If there was nothing of the sort i would gaurantee you it would not be so popular.

i'm the geezer with the niqab who's going on BB...but dont tell anyone ok...i thouight i'll experiment and that....

"Naz" wrote:
i didnt say i had a problem with the muslim woman tennis player. If she wants to reveal flesh and have thousands of men gawping at her thats her own business. Just that society seems more accepting when a man bends the rules but if a woman does it then lets looked down upon.

Men can play tennis and if women gawp, which they do, that's their business, and women can play tennis and if men gawp, which they do, that's their business. As far as I can tell "society" has no problem with that. I don't get your reference to bending the rules.

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
i'm the geezer with the niqab who's going on BB...but dont tell anyone ok...i thouight i'll experiment and that....

You're experimenting with wearing womens clothes? Did you learn anything?

Back in BLACK

it's not 100% that they will have a burqa gal in there!! They proberbly won't!! And if they do, i pray she will represent muslims in a positive way!!

live and let live!!!!!!!

"Mr Honey's Day Out" wrote:
"Naz" wrote:
i didnt say i had a problem with the muslim woman tennis player. If she wants to reveal flesh and have thousands of men gawping at her thats her own business. Just that society seems more accepting when a man bends the rules but if a woman does it then lets looked down upon.

Men can play tennis and if women gawp, which they do, that's their business, and women can play tennis and if men gawp, which they do, that's their business. As far as I can tell "society" has no problem with that. I don't get your reference to bending the rules.

by society i was referring to the muslim population. Men bending the rules, take for example amir khan and danny williams. Both are respected and considered to be good role models by young muslims. However, nobody seems to notice the fact that the boxing dress code is not compatiable with sharia law. That issue with the muslim tennis women everybody made such a big deal about it. The only difference to me it seems is that the muslim society is more accepting when men dont follow the laws of islam then of women. Dont get me wrong i dont have a problem with the way anybody dresses, i couldnt care less, its their business. But what really bugs me is when the same rule is applied discriminatively to women.

I misunderstood. Sorry.

I agree. I find a similar issue in synagogues. Women cannot lead an orthodox service of men, and sit behind a separation usually at the back or in a raised gallery where in theory at least they cannot be seen. In Israel I attended some non-denominational but fairly progressive services in which women and men sat together and women could lead the service and give a sermon - which did feel unusual to me, but in fairness the women were modestly attired and mostly quite unattractive. I am all for a more egalitarian approach. I cannot see why it is much less of a distraction to a woman if an attractive man leads the service. Arguments that men have an inferior response to physical beauty don't sit well with me, and arguments that a woman is not duty-bound in many areas are quite irrelevant.

I'm pleased the Wimbledon ladies can finally expect equal pay to the men.

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]

Where is the fairness in that? For equal pay they should also have best of 5.

I am disappointed that they still have shorter matches.

:twisted:

I misunderstood. Sorry.

I agree. I find a similar issue in synagogues. Women cannot lead an orthodox service of men, and sit behind a separation usually at the back or in a raised gallery where in theory at least they cannot be seen. In Israel I attended some non-denominational but fairly progressive services in which women and men sat together and women could lead the service and give a sermon - which did feel unusual to me, but in fairness the women were modestly attired and mostly quite unattractive. I am all for a more egalitarian approach. I cannot see why it is much less of a distraction to a woman if an attractive man leads the service. Arguments that men have an inferior response to physical beauty don't sit well with me, and arguments that a woman is not duty-bound in many areas are quite irrelevant.

sorry my mistake i forget there are ppl of dfferent faiths of this forum and i need to be bit more specfic when saying something.
I didnt even realise that women get played less in wimbledon, i always assumed they got paid the same as men. Oh wel something new i learnt today. Many professions tend to pay women less even though the work is exactly the same which is a bit ridicules if you ask me.

"Admin" wrote:

Where is the fairness in that? For equal pay they should also have best of 5.

I am disappointed that they still have shorter matches.

:twisted:

I could say something about viewing figures or cost of living but that's actually a good point.

OMG!!!

They have got a woman with a veil on.

Is Shabnam a Muslim? She looks VERY westernised, very talkative too.

Religion is the heart in a heartless world.

paleeze, what are you implying that muslim women don't talk and they're not westernised? loooooooooooooool

we are all gagged we live in the west but we are untouched by it :roll:

bro Beast what you mean by veil headscarf? Niqab?

ok like a saddo i just checked out channel 4 website shabnam doesn;t wear a hijab though what are you on about? Is she a convert?

Also why is the house full of women? Is this the feminist brigade? All them women is asking for trouble...

"yashmaki" wrote:
bro Beast what you mean by veil headscarf? Niqab?

ok like a saddo i just checked out channel 4 website shabnam doesn;t wear a hijab though what are you on about? Is she a convert?

It was a sarcastic comment about the first few posts on this thread.

Pages