The Revival Issue 7 - OUT NOW!!!

Salaam

After a long break, The Revival Issue 7 has finally been launched!

[img]

[size=18]Contents:[/size]

[list]1. Editorial - You Muslims Gotta Integrate!
2. You Got Mail!
3. Aliyah & Jameelah!
4. Pimp My Ride - The Revival Style
5. All Eyes on Me
6. Bollywood or Bust
7. Who will you stand with?
8. Q & A - Taking part in Non Islamic Festivals
9. Q & A - "Going Out" with a marriage partner or fiance?[/list:u]

The print version is available to download from the [url= 7 Page[/url]. I will eventually also put all the articles separately on there and the main site.

You can browse past issues here:

Comments? Feedback?

ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!

Some EXCELLENT articles i must say.
Especially Pimp My Ride - Revival Style!
The Aliyah and Jameelah was not too bad either!

Good job ppl!!
keep up the good work!!

Even my local barber has recieved his copy. Biggrin

Have you reciEved [b]YOURS?[/b]

If not contact ED.

Back in BLACK

I've read it online.

I rate the magazine -> 8 out of 10.

- The magazine was very colourful, especially the front cover and some of the adverts, very eye catching.
- Sense of humour was used lightly, even when talking about serious issues, very good.
- I liked MS's article of 'You Got Mail'. Adding real life case studies shows that it really does happen and you're not making it up. Not saying that you do :P.
- "Ali has been sent down for 18 months for selling Cannabis and Jamal has gone to Egypt to study Islam." Well done to the person who came up with this idea, and I especially like the sense of humour in this article.
- The bollywood article was funny and serious at the same time, nice.
- I always like a 'Q&A' section at the back.
- The only article that did not appeal to me was the 'Oldham primary care trust' (did it [i]have[/i] to be 2 pages) and the x-men article could have been improved.

"MuslimBro" wrote:
I've read it online.

I rate the magazine -> 8 out of 10.

- The magazine was very colourful, especially the front cover and some of the adverts, very eye catching.
- Sense of humour was used lightly, even when talking about serious issues, very good.
- I liked MS's article of 'You Got Mail'. Adding real life case studies shows that it really does happen and you're not making it up. Not saying that you do :P.
- "Ali has been sent down for 18 months for selling Cannabis and Jamal has gone to Egypt to study Islam." Well done to the person who came up with this idea, and I especially like the sense of humour in this article.
- The bollywood article was funny and serious at the same time, nice.
- I always like a 'Q&A' section at the back.
- The only article that did not appeal to me was the 'Oldham primary care trust' (did it [i]have[/i] to be 2 pages) and the x-men article could have been improved.

Erm...I'm still waiting for it to come onine so I can link it around...where did you read it?

BTW let me know if you want some mags. I wont give you the run around this time. Biggrin

The issue 7 page is linked in the first post.

3 articles are online for reading, more will be on later.

The pdf is available to view and download.

That PCT was not an article, but an advert. Money talks... But I must say I found alot of people reading it as if it was an article... something we may need to look into. It did say Advertorial at the top though...

thanks for the impressions though. Good to see they are positive overall.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

It's on the front page. :?

The next article to replace the editorial will apear on the front page on tuesday, and then every weekday til they are done.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

oh, most individual articles still need to be put up.

I will try to add them tonight, but it may take a while.

Added two more articles - "Pimp my Ride" and "All Eyes on Me"

Taking me a little longer than I would have liked.

the story in You've Got Mail about the guy who dated a woman online and it turned out to be his own mother is hilarious! I've been telling absolutely everyone about it!

ps i've never seen any copy of the Revival anywhere, does it not get to North West London?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
the story in You've Got Mail about the guy who dated a woman online and it turned out to be his own mother is hilarious! I've been telling absolutely everyone about it!

I find it rather disturibing. First heard of it a couple of years ago.

Quote:
ps i've never seen any copy of the Revival anywhere, does it not get to North West London?

No idea. London is a big place, and revival's get sent to "London".

It is all a matter of finance. We could probably distribute 3-4 times the number we do, but they would never be released.

If anyone from London wants some Revival magazine. Please send me a PM.

I got two simple comments to make...

IT IS TOO BRIGHT!!!

Bring back Ali and Jamal!!!

Blum 3

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

"Mez" wrote:
IT IS TOO BRIGHT!!!

It is very eye-catching, doesn't look like a magazine for the muslim youth at first, looks more like an alternative to autotrader.

"Mez" wrote:
Bring back Ali and Jamal!!!

You being a girl I thought you would say it's a great idea, but I guess you can't make everyone happy.

b.. but... Ali has been sent down!

I think for less than a 3 year term, the sentence is automatically halvedFor good behaviour it can be reduced again. I would say he is in the slammer for atleast 5 months!

"Admin" wrote:
b.. but... Ali has been sent down!

I think for less than a 3 year term, the sentence is automatically halvedFor good behaviour it can be reduced again. I would say he is in the slammer for atleast 5 months!

You can always appeal... get him off on a technicality.

Back in BLACK

WHERES MY COPYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

live and let live!!!!!!!

I want to hold my hand up and say I have only read one article from this issue - and that was because I wrote it. Any changes done afterwards I have not really read either.

"Admin" wrote:
I want to hold my hand up and say I have only read one article from this issue - and that was because I wrote it.

And what article would that be....?

"MuslimBro" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:
I want to hold my hand up and say I have only read one article from this issue - and that was because I wrote it.

And what article would that be....?

The advertisements. Biggrin

Back in BLACK

There are ads in there? :shock:

There is loner's article in this issue? :shock: :twisted: Blum 3

"Angel" wrote:

Hey don't be mean....even loners have feelings you know :twisted:

So come on admin, which article was it. It must be either the x-men or the pimp my ride article. Btw x-men was the least appealing article.

"Admin" wrote:
There are ads in there? :shock:

Yeah ofcourse there were... you know the one im talking about Wink

Back in BLACK

"MuslimBro" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:

So come on admin, which article was it. It must be either the x-men... x-men was the least appealing article.

You got it!

"MuslimBro" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:

Oh a loner backing up a loner, sweet! :twisted:

I knew it....as you don't know much about cars.

That article sounded complicated and was the only article that I didn't read properly.

The oldham primary care trust advertorial was better :twisted:.

Asslamu alikum, to all my Muslim brothers, im a new member to this site, i think the editor of the revival will know as he gives me revival to distribute to Olham Sixth Form College, anyway mashallah the revival new edition pimp my ride was good frm the positive response i got from the oldham sixth form college students, apparantly on the oldham primary care trust on the section of the revival, it had pictures of some grange students who are in oldham sixth form at the moment studying, they mostly took the new edition of the revival and read it, i think i would require more next time,

Aliyah & Jamela and the veil issue was gud frm the response i gt frm the clge students but i and my friend thought that there was some repeating stuffs like driving around the block 50 times a day and the question and answere seasion from the respective scholar Salim Ghisa on the issue about marriage which was on the previous 2- 3 isses back, part frm that alhamdulilah everthing good on the new editioin of the revival, may Allah (SWT) reward the brothers & sisters involved in producing this magazine throgh the wasila of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW) to help to spread the deen of Islam ameen.

Pages