HOW SWEET THE FUNFAIR CANDYFLOSS

SALAAM
As you all know there comes a time every year that the fair comes along and some people say it is haram to attend im not entirely sure so can i have some feedback

Depends what you do when you go there.

Get on some rides.....buy some candyfloss......or check out some girls....

All depends.

i can see were your coming from but if you know who i am dont even go on the girls one i was talking about the actual fun fair

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

whys it haram to go to a funfair???? It sounds like muslims are barring every form of entertainment to such an extent that muslim youth will feel like not practising at all, coz religion seems "boring" don't you think?. Why is it haram please justify it to me.

I've never been to a fun fair in my life.

When I was younger I wasnt allowed to go because its a place where silly teenage boys hang out.

Now that I'm older I dont want to them cos its a place where silly teenage boys hang out.

Its not really a family place.

Its only my great love for candy floss and rock candy that makes me feel I'm missing out....you dont get these sweets from the corner shop.

when u say funfair do you mean theme parks or those funfairs that come into town for a few weeks in some local park then move on to another park like gypsies?

the second one

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

i think i've only ever been to one of those and that was with the whole family. otherwise i've only ever been to theme parks, usually with school/college.

Funfairs seem kinder trashy compared with theme parks. they can be fun for kids but they need to be supervised. i agree there are lots of boys and gals hanging about looking to pick up dates but not every teenage girl or boy has that mentality, some actually just want to spend the day there enjoying the rides, and weather during the school break.

The same sort of problems are open to girls and boys in other social settings.I agree with muslimbro.

Question: funfairs can be dangerous can;t they? i've heard of countless stories of rides not being inspected and kids falling off them. i'd rather my child goes to a stationary theme park rather than these make shift ones that no one bothers to maintain for safety, wouldn't you?

thats another story for another day however i kno a lot of people who go to pick up girls boy etc heck i heard of 10 people today who went and a couple right know who want to go for the same reasons

It also depends on WHEN you go to a funfair.. The teenage boys generally begin roaming in the early evening.. During the day, there is a more family atmosphere.. not only that, during the day, there are no ques for the fun rides either Wink

"F4NZO" wrote:
thats another story for another day however i kno a lot of people who go to pick up girls boy etc heck i heard of 10 people today who went and a couple right know who want to go for the same reasons

Its the same for theme parks, shopping centres, even libraries believe it or not.. :shock: we could use the same argument against attending these places too, couldnt we? just a thought..

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

yh a valid argument in my are im not sure bwt da llibraries but the others yeh god forbid if a funfair was on at taraweeh time because we wpuld have the youth skiping taraweeh

The funfairs in my little town actually start in the late afternoon/early evening.

I agree with the fact that libraries, town centres etc are also a place where guys go to pick up girls…however; libraries and town centres etc are a necessity …the same cant be said for funfairs. Funfairs can easily be avoided.

And is it me but are theme parks on the whole a lot more decent then funfairs?

The pikey rides scare the hell out of me, gypsies!

Do yourself a favour mate, go to a theme park, you;ll kill yourself in a fun fair loool