How Bright ????

Be Honest !

Very tricky math!

Note: This must be done in your head only.
Do NOT use paper and pencil or a calculator. Try it.

Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000
Now add 10. What is the total?

Scroll down for answer.

Did you get 5000?

[size=7]The correct answer is actually 4100.[/size]

Don't believe it? Check with your calculator!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Maybe I read this too close to the letter of the law but the first instruction is to "take" 1000 which puts you into the red 1000 right?

Also a valid point.

I put 4100 as I had someone say it to eme once. Where "take" means "you take", not "take away"

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I wasn't sure... often riddles hang on ultra literal readings of idioms we take for granted so I didn't want to get caught up in that.

Not very bright.

I didnt even bother cos I knew I'd get it wrong.

I'm the ideal person to shortchange or talk into a so called 'bargain' cos I'll never work it out for myself. :oops:

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Not very bright.

I didnt even bother cos I knew I'd get it wrong.

I'm the ideal person to shortchange or talk into a so called 'bargain' cos I'll never work it out for myself. :oops:

lol I do that constantly... I buy a lot of what could probably be called "contraptions" which I enthusiastically present to my wife as something that we desperately needed but didn't know.

yeh i got it..... but i watch Carol a lot on countdown

He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition, burns a picture to obtain the ashes!

A man lives on the 40th floor in his tower block he uses the lift to go down to go to work when he returns he goes 20 floors on the lift and walks the rest why is this?

the answer is not for excersise

think about it dont cheat

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

uh?

He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition, burns a picture to obtain the ashes!

????????

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Is his name Midge?

you could say that

thought so.

I didn't get that.

Some tower blocks have lifts where they only serve half of the building, so you have to change lifts halfway.

nope lift works perfectly fine

Its obvious... he works in the building 20 floors below his flat and then when returning he only has to go up 20 floors.

Back in BLACK

nope he goes 40 floors down and on the way up he goes 20 floors on da lift and wlaks the rest

"F4NZO" wrote:
nope he goes 40 floors down and on the way up he goes 20 floors on da lift and wlaks the rest

Then give us all the info... dont be adding bits later :x

Back in BLACK

sorri im never good at these

answer nice and simple hes too short to reach 40th button

"F4NZO" wrote:
nope lift works perfectly fine

I think you're confused.

The lift does work fine but it was built like that. Some tall buildings have lifts which only work for x number of floors. So for example one lift works for floors 1-20, and the other works for floors 21-40.

"F4NZO" wrote:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Back in BLACK

nope the lift works 1- 40

A man murders someone and at his trial he is condemned to death, but he has a choice: he can either go into a room full of raging fire, a room full of soldiers with loaded machine guns or he can go into a room filled with lions that haven't eaten in 3 years.

Which room does he pick?

Back in BLACK

"F4NZO" wrote:

He could have used a pointed stick or something.

anyway people who make lifts aren't stupid as to put the the number 40 at such a height that short people wouldn't be able to press it. There would normally be a few columns, so 1-20 in one column then 20-40 in another column.

Your answer would be right if the guy had an illness where he was like 3 feet tall.

"Seraphim" wrote:
Which room does he pick?

Choose the room where the lions haven't eaten for 3 years....coz they'd be dead anyway Blum 3 .

"MuslimBro" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:
Which room does he pick?

Choose the room where the lions haven't eaten for 3 years....coz they'd be dead anyway Blum 3 .

lol, thats right... dead lions bite no one.

Back in BLACK

"MuslimBro" wrote:
"F4NZO" wrote:

He could have used a pointed stick or something.

anyway people who make lifts aren't stupid as to put the the number 40 at such a height that short people wouldn't be able to press it. There would normally be a few columns, so 1-20 in one column then 20-40 in another column.

Your answer would be right if the guy had an illness where he was like 3 feet tall.

hence his name being midge midget

a man is heading towards the middel of a feild surrounded by four fences one fe has wood another metal the other is bush and the other wood again he knows he is going to die when he reaches the middle but why does he carry on?

Pages