I am free! \0/

Today everyone got an email similar to the quote below:

Quote:
Well done to Admin [That's me]. A customer called back and was very impressed with him. Comments used were:

'...Best call centre experience I have ever had...'

'... Was very helpful, concise clear, courtious...'

'...Should be a role model for all call centre workers...'

... Blah blah...

High praise indeed for an outbound sales call.

Two hours later I got my notice. It was pretty funny.

I had a meeting with HR. 'You have had an instance of absence and 6 instances of lateness in the last 5 months. Are you gonna do anything to rectify this?'

'Nothing I can do (I was disputing three instances as their fault, not mine.)'

'Will your [timekeeping/absence/whatever excuse they use next time] improve in the future?'

'no.'

'erm... ok. We (HR team) need to have a talk. You just wait here.'

Now I got a month off paid. cool.

so u got fired, are now a unemploped bum and will start the dole frm next month and ur celebrating? :roll:

...This is like something outta office space.

So... you were late and didn't show up and they gave you a month off paid?

Why...

Contracts.

In my contract it says they have to give my FIVE weeks notice before any shift change.

They gave me about 12 hours. (I could have got out of it using this, but I was not too bothered about keeping the job.)

Naturally I decided to turn up late the next day. I had other things do. Allegedly. And I had told work already.

The day after I turned up to work early, but for some reason they put me down as late. (They said my fault as I did not bother correctign the manager, even though they had it on record me pulling the manager up on it...)

Apart from that I was late on the first day of working there, and two days later. (I was also late to both interviews, but that is besides the point)

They pulled the rest oput of some hat. Did not add up to what they had shown me.

My contract (which kicked in on the ninth of February) also mentioned they have to give me 4 weeks notice.

I am glad they did as I was planning on quitting. Too much travelling to and from work. Too far away.

So this is the best way ever. Get paid, get a good ereference, and chill out all in one. (I had asked for holidays this week coz i was not feeling well, and they had refused saying too short a notice.)

Quote:
so u got fired, are now a unemploped bum and will start the dole frm next month and ur celebrating? :roll:

No. Yes (well technically, no). Maybe. Yes.

I was not fired. I got my notice. A small difference. I am still technically employed. I will probably have found a job before my employment probably finishes.

I am sick of sales, so a celebration is in order. Now to next job... probably ion sales again... :x

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
erm hello

he got FIRED

NOTICE=FIRED

Fired = No notice, gross misconduct.

Notice = 'We need to get rid of some staff as we are in after christmas lull. Let's review the curent lot and see who we can offload!'

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I think you're crazy, that's twice in a row now :shock: But you don't seem all that bothered....but that's just a front right?

Why do you think they'll give you a good reference, if your puntuality was that bad?

"Admin" wrote:
'Will your [timekeeping/absence/whatever excuse they use next time] improve in the future?'

'no.'

A couple or so people have pointed out that this is where I went wrong. Apparently the right answer is 'yes'.

"Imaani" wrote:
I think you're crazy, that's twice in a row now :shock: But you don't seem all that bothered....but that's just a front right?

Why do you think they'll give you a good reference, if your puntuality was that bad?

Because they have to. They can't give a bad reference. It is totally stupid. They can say something good, or nothing at all.

General policy in work environments is currently just an acknowledgement 'Blah blah worked here from then til then. Thank you for your enquiry'.

I was not too bad with it all. According to HR I had been late a total of 9 mins and 13 seconds over 5 months (no idea how they got that as I remember being late 12 mins once...), and most of this was back in October and November.

I am not bothered as there is nothing to be bothered about. Jobs come, jobs go. Just have some fun and see what happens. got to work for over 40 years yet.

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Admin thats weird...

I know!

Who would answer yes to that in earnest?

The two correct answers are 'don't know' and 'no'. You cannot guarantee that!

Office politics eh?

Now I got time to Install [i]Rome:Total War[/i] which has been on my desk for about 2 weeks.

"Admin" wrote:
I am not bothered as there is nothing to be bothered about. Jobs come, jobs go. Just have some fun and see what happens. got to work for over 40 years yet.

Yeah, I feel sorry for you guys.

Looking for a new job, attending interviews, settleing in etc is kinda stressfull though.

"Admin" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:
Admin thats weird...

I know!

Who would answer yes to that in earnest?

The two correct answers are 'don't know' and 'no'. You cannot guarantee that!

Office politics eh?

Now I got time to Install [i]Rome:Total War[/i] which has been on my desk for about 2 weeks.

:shock: DONT DO THAT!!!

It drains your life away... I've got a campaign as the Julii going right now, I played for an hour by accident yesterday thinking I would just play for ten minutes!

It's evil.

(Take Carthage and Sparta first thing, you'll be able to build principes faster - and always enslave the population or you will have uprisings.)

I have fallen for the ten minute trap too many times.

Now if I have les than an hour or so, just do something else.

But I also need some sleep.

Had a cold (not blocked but sore nose, sore throat, headache and dizzyness) all week.

Just try reading a three page validation script when your throat gives way after half a sentence each time!

Welcome to the club (im not unemployed!, im just on what i call a career break Wink )

If you make a claim for unfair dismissal like you said, you can receive a compensatory award, if i remember correctly, £56,000 ++ i know its unlikely, but just a random thought Dirol
thatd be nice sitting in my bank.. would cover my shopping bill for one month :--P

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

Ok, installed and played total War. Got whupped.

I seem to enjoy the concept of playing games more than actually playing them.

"Admin" wrote:
Ok, installed and played total War. Got whupped.

I seem to enjoy the concept of playing games more than actually playing them.

Are you on the imperial campaign or just a random battle?

I started off with the tutorial.

I think it is the imperial campaign with the julii. SPent about 3 or four hours on it, but then decided to give up as I was getting no where, the first city was conquered by the gauls, the second one surrounded, and the other two were in the middle of nowhere.

Gotta learn my tactics.

and then try, try again.

Actual war though I will have to practice a bit as I still get the urge to throw everything in like in most games where only numbers matter... even though they still do here to a large extent. but there is more to it.

mm i can sympathise with admin. i got so bored and felt so undervalued even tho i was working my guts off that i started coming in late. when i say late i mean an hour. well first it was 30 mins, then an hr. pathetic excuses but they always let me off coz i;d call and give notice.

Naturally the other workers were a bit miffed however im one of those ppl who never stands around doing nothing i always make sure im working. Apart from me only a few others were like this. theyd stand around chit chatting, gossiping, skiving, taking apparent toilet breaks which lasted for like 30 mins, then theyd get caught in the staff room stuffing their faces? I was never like that so i got away with being late. Plus i was always available last minute if they were short staffed.

I kinder miss that job now, going in late, getting lifts home, getting more than an hr for lunch coz i went to get the managers food, eat with manager. That's the way keep chummy with them looooooool.

Some of the other staff must of hated me but they never let that slip. but u lknw wht girls are like in packs so vindictive.

"yashmaki" wrote:

Some of the other staff must of hated me but they never let that slip. but u lknw wht girls are like in packs so vindictive.

like wolves.

I miss my old work place... the work was cr@p and boring but the people made it worth coming in. We used to have such a laugh... but life goes on... better things around the corner.

Back in BLACK