Beware Spammers

[color=blue]Please be aware of spammers attacking the forums lately. Alot of their posts have been deleted and the perpetrator(s) banned.

However due to the volume of spamming please be patient before a mod is online and able to deal with it. If you do come across any please alert a mod or Admin.

Regards

-ThePhantomMod[/color]

big talk...

reveal ur real identity son/girl....

hope u aint lilSis

:twisted:

They Vote To Send Us To War Instantly.....But None Of Their Kids Serve In The Infantry...

POWER TO THE PEOPLE....

Just deleted ten posts.

Did I miss any?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

We have 1481 registered users.

from them 1120 have a total of 0 posts.

When I move forum software again (which I am going to), any users with 0 posts will be deleted.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

SO NEWBIES START POSTING!!!!! :shock:

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

"Mez" wrote:
SO NEWBIES START POSTING!!!!! :shock:

:roll:

I worry about you sometimes....

lay off the coffee...

crazy kitty. Blum 3

People with 0 posts obviously spammers... delete them... all...... taking up space.

Back in BLACK

aint there no way to create a forum bot that can automatically boot ppl posting explicit/filthy material? Like this sicko who keeps returning with different id's. it's putting me off the forum :?

Im not sure about if using a bot would work in this case ... but there are various admin toolkits that may do the job.

Back in BLACK

Drupal (the proposed replacement to phpbb) has a few of modules which would help.

1. it compares the posts with previous ones. if they are too similar it does not allowo posting.

2. Another allows users to rate posts as spam. get past a threshold and it will get removed until a moderator approes it.

3. you can have a maximum number of links per post.

4. It can also use the akismet system whereit will compare parameters with stuff from the akismet service. if ti deems it spam it will not allow it to be posted.

And I should be able to move all information across without data loss.

I just need a webmonkey to step up and port one single module (webmonkey thread in the dudes forum...), which I can probably do myself but I just cannot find the motivation to do. yet.

[color=blue]All three sections (General, Events & Tech) were attacked this morning with spam. I had to spend half an hour cleaning it up and banning the members.

Admin you know what needs to be done.

-ThePhantomMod[/color]

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

we need more mods to deal with this

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

"ThePhantomMod" wrote:
[color=blue]All three sections (General, Events & Tech) were attacked this morning with spam. I had to spend half an hour cleaning it up and banning the members.

Admin you know what needs to be done.

-ThePhantomMod[/color]

I have tested a few things out with drupal. I may move our forums to the new system tonight.

wat will happen will we change and lose all number of posts please say yes

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

no.

SPAM ALERT!

If you've got too many mods how comes I only see ThePhantomMod doing the only work?

[b]EDIT: The rest of us don't make a song and dance about it -------------- Modnster [/b]

Oh sorry I forgot about you.

Btw the forum has been spammed again!

always leave the spammer name here aswell.

And thanks for the 'alert'. always appreciated as it allows me to check on my mods Blum 3

As soon as I et a move on onto the new forum system, this type of problem should be one of the past.

"Admin" wrote:
always leave the spammer name here aswell.

And thanks for the 'alert'. always appreciated as it allows me to check on my mods Blum 3

As soon as I et a move on onto the new forum system, this type of problem should be one of the past.

How soon can we expect it and will we loose our current threads and posts? Will it be obvious we are no longer using phpbb?

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
How soon can we expect it..

[b][color=indigo]Whenever the lazy ADMIN can be bothered!!! :roll: [/color][/b]

Noor, answered question 1.

We will not lose our existing topics and posts, however some links may stop working.

As for question 3, it will be obvious as I will use the default drupal theme for starters.

I am just procastrinating atm. looking for solutions to problems we will probably not have.

Besides once the forums have been moved, then there will be the arduous task of moving all posts from the website across aswell... that will have to be done manually.

you rang?

rocky 999 delete him delete him NOW!!!

"F4NZO" wrote:
rocky 999 delete him delete him NOW!!!

I thought I had already done that? yesterday?

EDIT

Just checked and he has long gone.

right you are admin sorry well done

dawud_k
dawudk
adnan
Adnan_K
Sundas_trq

alert please block these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"King-Omair" wrote:
dawud_k
dawudk
adnan
Adnan_K
Sundas_trq

alert please block these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why?

cuz 0 posts

Cue spam from namanaj in 5...4...3...2...1...

I am getting tired of deleting 20 odd accounts every day and then also cleaning up after an occasional spammer gets through...

Pages