When I grow up…

Salaam

I was asking my class what they want to be when they grow up…after I got through the “supermen and pussycat dolls wannabes”…I decided to tell them what I wanted to do when I “grow up”.

When I said this out loud I realised how silly it sounded to my class cos to them I was “grown up”.

At 22 I don’t feel like a “grown up”…often I feel that in front of 10/11 year olds I’m good at “acting like a grown up”…but its all an act.

When I was a kid I was always talking about what I want to do when I “grow up” and ten years down the line I’m STILL always talking about it…

When you were a kid did you imagine that you’d be the way you are today…have you turned into a person you’d always imagined you’d be…have you lived up to your childhood ambitions?

Has life/the way you think changed drastically ever since you hit 16/18? Do you love/hate the new pressures, responsibilities and freedom?

18 for me was a life changing year…it suddenly hit me that I need to take life a lot more seriously….

Have you had to change your beliefs/values or priorities in life. For me personally, as I grew older I started to appreciate my family a LOT more, now I think the world of them…as a teenager I couldn’t stand them.

How do you imagine yourself to be 10 more years down the line…? More responsible? Are you fearful or optimistic about your future?

Does maturity really hit its peak when your 40? Are you scared of getting old? Does it bother you that sometimes you don’t understand what kids are on?

Or do you have a ‘whatever’ attitude now, then and also about the future?

Wasalaam

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Or do you have a ‘whatever’ attitude now, then and also about the future?

[color=indigo][b]Thats me.[/b][/color]

i always thought i knew wat i wanted to do.. but i kept changin my mind, til i told myself ive got to have an aim n try reach that. the more i thought about wat i wanted to do r become the more confuzzled i became Lol

my beliefs/values and priorites all changed when i started realising the true beauty of islam..alhamdullilah.. once i started practising alot of things i thought i wanted to do are become jus didnt seem important anymore n all changed pretty qwikly

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

"Snoopz" wrote:
i always thought i knew wat i wanted to do.. but i kept changin my mind, til i told myself ive got to have an aim n try reach that. the more i thought about wat i wanted to do r become the more confuzzled i became Lol

[b][color=indigo]That’s me all over. I'm still deciding whether if i should quit college right now or wait till the end of this year and fail on purpose and then do IT at a different college![/color][/b]

i think asking a kid that question always gets amusing responses Lol

but being grown up could mean anything , theres no set age for being grown up , however certain events and responsibilities in life make you grow up

im 21 still no clue what i wanna be :? , am i too late to be a astronaut :?:

dont mean to hark on about marriage but when u get married and for non muslims who choose to embark on long term relationships thats certainly when the realities of life truly hit you. the burdens the responsibilities seem never ending. Course you can work through things easier coz you have your husband/wife. For me at least 1 year after marriage i have had this rude awakening "this is what my parents have been going through for years" This is what they went thru raising me and my siblings. This is reality, this is life. if it stinks too bad get some roses.

At 18, and 21 you can feel a sense of maturity but i don't think you truly grow up until ur out on your own two feet. no family to back u up. u have ur own house to run, ur own family to look after that is when true maturity will hit in. I duno about 40, i feel like im worn out right now from all the toil. Things cannot possibly get more draining than this.

One of my daughters has a cough, that's when I really "got it." I'm somebodys dad, which by definition makes me an adult.

I promtly bought a minivan.

I do not get the connect there...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.