New Year's Resolutions

So do any of you guyz actually set yourselves new years resolutions and stick to them? I for one can never stick to them, but Insha'Allah i have set myself two for the next year

1. Seek more Islamic knowledge

2. Start taking driving lessons

I can talk driving lessons all day.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
I can talk driving lessons all day.

But the question is, can you drive? Blum 3

Oh stuff new years resolutions, I officially aint making any coz i NEVER stick to them so why bother wasting time thinking about it. I'm just going to go with the flow and whatever is meant to be will be.

"Angel" wrote:
Oh stuff new years resolutions, I officially aint making any coz i NEVER stick to them so why bother wasting time thinking about it. I'm just going to go with the flow and whatever is meant to be will be.

[color=indigo][b]Same here, it's a miracle if i stick to what i've said an hour ago never mind the whole flamin year! [/b][/color]

[b][color=violet]there is no point in me making a new years resolution coz i will not stick to it, i have tried it and lasted about half a day...

Bliss what new years resolution are you planning to set yourself...?[/color][/b]

...live everyday as your last day...

I normally make them n they last for about a weeek mayb more Biggrin so this yr im not going to bother!!!!!

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

Yeah why improve yourself when you already think so much of yourself :roll:

Back in BLACK

I don't see the point of keeping new years resolutions!!!! Sad

It's pointless!!!!

So I guess the only resolution I'm keeping is.....My new years resolution is not to keep a new years resolution! Lol

"Happy are those who find fault with themselves instead of finding fault with others"

Oh come on people, you have to make New Years Resolutions! Even if they are rubbish and you know you're not going to keep to them! Actually, I didn't do too bad this year - even though these resolutions are similar to last years lol!

Ok, I really need to get more confident with my driving. I hate it. I'm not rubbish (apart from my parking), I just don't like it and I've been driving for 3 years now!

And I really need to read more, in general, but particularly the Quran, ATM it's only on the morning of my tajweed lesson.

And I have to try save more this year. I've spent quite a lot of money this year and apart from my stupid car I don't have that much to show for it.

Rely less on spoons.

Use hands more.

My life is disordered. I will get it in order, physically and temporally and do the following:

1. Regulate my time with rigour. (Will keep a tight schedule.)

2. Stick to the plan, make it happen and happen as intended. (Will cross-reference my notes with my diary and refer to it often.)

3. Keep everyone in the picture, don't let contact slide. (Will keep a written address book and hold myself to making regular contact and spending time together.)

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

assalamu alaikum everyone

can i just quote a hadith:

the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said "In the morning, never speak about yourself in the next evening, and in the evening, never speak about yourself in the next morning."

IMO we should focus on what we can do NOW to please our Lord, because if we keep saying we'll do something tomorrow, then tomorrow might never come

w'salam

Don't just do something! Stand there.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
assalamu alaikum everyone

can i just quote a hadith:

the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said "In the morning, never speak about yourself in the next evening, and in the evening, never speak about yourself in the next morning."

IMO we should focus on what we can do NOW to please our Lord, because if we keep saying we'll do something tomorrow, then tomorrow might never come

w'salam

brappppppppp

i agreee

-Join the gym. Exercise releases those “happy/carefree neurones” which are desperately needed.

I'm pretty good at sticking to rules/targets which I pretty much enforce on myself throughout the year.

why make resolutions only once a year?

i've never followed this thing, seems like most people dont follow their resolutions anyway

if Israel can break resolutions, why cant i!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

my new years resoultion is to give up all fatty foods but no lie i really am getting a bit too overweight Smile

the only the only nisha not Nasha

ermmm...

lose a stone :-0
find a new job
not to lose my rag too much:-)
do more worship
read more about the deen on regular basis

work hard and try attain a 2:1
motivate myself to apply for legal experience despite the fact its pretty much impossible
and work hard in the summer in the gym

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"**Nisha**" wrote:
my new years resoultion is to give up all fatty foods but no lie i really am getting a bit too overweight Smile

im so glad i didnt make any new years resolutions.. lol n that was a common resolution in our house everyone wanted to cut back on fatty foods!!!

howeverrrrrrrrrrrrrr it worked out ok for today.. i woke up really late and expected there to be nuthing yummy left for breakfast buttttt as everyone wanted to prove to themselves they can stick to there resolution all the yummy choc biscuits were still there when i woke up Biggrin yay lol i yammed nearly half the packet Fool hehe

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
ermmm...

lose a stone :-0

yep-the fat paki from oldham needs to cut down on his kebab rolls :twisted:

u have a little boy that u now need to keep up with

[color=indigo][b]Talking of weight, i need to join the gym!! But it's so hard finding an all muslim one..!![/b][/color]

gyms are sooooooooooooo expensive

thats what stops me fron joining

btw Fitness First and Esporta do women only times

[color=indigo][b]Yeah but according to the Hanafi fiqh women can't show their hair to non-muslim women too so i have to wear my hijaaab when im at the gym which isn't pratical! The one i use to go to charged £1.50 for 3 hours! Bargin![/b][/color]

[color=indigo][b]My new years resoultion is to start to read more books and get more active in the deen InshaALLAH[/b][/color]

[color=magenta]My new years resolutions;

[b]1.[/b]Revise as soon as possible to get the best grade i can get for uni

[b]2.[/b]To be less blunt with people

[b]3.[/b]Spend as much time as possible with my friends (my last year with them)

[b]4.[/b]Try to read the Quran after each prayer everyday

[b]5.[/b]Not to waste time, time is something we will never get back

[b]6.[/b]Help mum more with the cooking

[b]7.[/b]Learn to cook 6 different bengali curries, one fish, one chicken, one meat, and some other stuff but fish is the main one[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]