nativity plays....or culture shows??

Iv'e just read on the bbc that only 40% of primary schools do nativity plays........more and more of them are putting on culture shows instead. Is this a good thing?? I think so.
1 Coz I would hate to be the little donkey!! or even for my kid to b one!! lol!

2 Most of these christians don't even go to church.........so whats with the nativity play?? why is this SO important?

It is a good thing to uphold the tradition, as well as making allowances for people of other faiths and of course modernising so that no child is cast as a donkey's behind. Either way is cool really.

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

End of the day this is still known as a Christian country, so schools will continue to do nativity plays and i don't think muslims or any other faiths should be complaining. If they don't want their kids to participate on religious grounds they should either ask of the teachers for them to kindly be excused from the plays or think about putting their children into faith schools which won't compromise their beliefs.

This may sound strange but i've always liked nativity plays, especially the three wise men...don't attack me for it. I remember being part of a nativity play as a primary school kid.

"yashmaki" wrote:

This may sound strange but i've always liked nativity plays, especially the three wise men...don't attack me for it. I remember being part of a nativity play as a primary school kid.

[b][color=indigo]Not to worry sis! I like them too! The nusery which i'm working at are doing a nativity play and it's so much fun! I used to love my primary school days when it came to xmas and getting dressed up for the nativity. I can remember being the angel! As i loved the nativity so much me and my sisters put on the same play at home and made the whole family watch us!
Funny memories...

Ps: Snoopz do ya remember spice girls??? When we joint the beds and nalz was scary spice?? Looooooool Lol [/color][/b]

"peacegirl" wrote:
Most of these christians don't even go to church.........so whats with the nativity play?? why is this SO important?

[b][color=indigo]I don't think nativitiy plays are so important but a custom which has been going on for some time now. Many of the kids are too young to even understand the meaning behind christmas. My primary school was full of Muslims hardly any christians, jews or hindus there but we still had the nativity play. It's just another time of the year where the kids can get dressed up, act on stage and sing some songs and have fun![/color][/b]

"Noori...*" wrote:

Ps: Snoopz do ya remember spice girls??? When we joint the beds and nalz was scary spice?? Looooooool Lol

shush man lol :oops: oh yeeee me joinin u at scallywags Biggrin braaaaaaaaap

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

"Snoopz" wrote:
"Noori...*" wrote:

Ps: Snoopz do ya remember spice girls??? When we joint the beds and nalz was scary spice?? Looooooool Lol

shush man lol :oops: oh yeeee me joinin u at scallywags Biggrin braaaaaaaaap

[b][color=indigo]Waaah! Them days rockd! O yea and them spice girl sticky books! loool Lol

Scallywags?! Which center? The lil house one on wostom road or that other one next to Ashs house? What days you working on??? If firdaaays say you wana work at pre-school, then you can be with moi! Biggrin [/color][/b]

"peacegirl" wrote:
Iv'e just read on the bbc that only 40% of primary schools do nativity plays........more and more of them are putting on culture shows instead. Is this a good thing?? I think so.
1 Coz I would hate to be the little donkey!! or even for my kid to b one!! lol!

2 Most of these christians don't even go to church.........so whats with the nativity play?? why is this SO important?

ive never seen a sch culture show.. i suppose nativity plays year after yr wud get pretty boring!!!!!

n nowts wrong with the little donkey hehe think its cuteeeeeeee Biggrin

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.