Admitting to your sins Openly!

Assalamu-alaikum,

Could someone shed some light on this topic please?

Is it a sin to admit to your sins in open?

What are the Hadiths or Qur'anic verses on this?

Reli appreciate it.. Thank You

Wssalaamz

"RuBz" wrote:

Yes it is.

"RuBz" wrote:

I'm at uni at the moment, I'll try and provide some sources when I get home.

"MuslimBro" wrote:
"RuBz" wrote:

Yes it is.

"RuBz" wrote:

I'm at uni at the moment, I'll try and provide some sources when I get home.

Fanx bro reli appreciate it

Learn To Love The People Who Are Willing To Love You At Present. Forget The People In The Past & Thank Them For Hurting You, Which Lead You To Love The People You Have Right Now..

How can it be so simple? What about in court or to an authority such as the police? And in situations where a group of people have been deceived and are entitled to know? Or by way of apologising for something that is already widely suspected and moving on?

I think the experience of coming clean can make or break people. If it is done properly and with a suitable new commitment it can provide an inspiring framework to make a fresh start and inspire others to shed their hidden misdeeds also.

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

Quote:
Sins are of two kinds: (1) those that only violate the rights of Allah, and (2) those that violate the rights of other people as well.

Examples of sins that only violate the rights of Allah include having sex before marriage or drinking alcohol. It is obligatory to conceal such sins and not to tell anyone about them, not even the ruler. The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, "Whoever commits one of these reprehensible sins must conceal himself with Allah's concealment, for verily, whoever exposes himself to us, we will punish." (Hakim, Bayhaqi)

Examples of sins that violate the rights of other people include, for example, murder and falsely accusing someone of adultery. Concealing such sins would constitute wrongdoing because the rights of other people will thereby continue to be violated. In order to ensure that the people one has wronged are able to get their rights, such sins need to be confessed to the ruler.

"Mr Honey's Day Out" I hope this has answered your question.

This is what another scholar says about exposing ones sins:

Quote:
Mentioning a sin is a sin in itself. It is like (or worse than) dropping one’s pants in front of others; shameless. It is a serious issue that people are not careful about. It is also sinful to hear others speak of sins, as great scholars who have talked about the sins of the tongue, such as Imam al-Ghazali, Imam al-Nawawi, and Imam al-Barkawi, all tell us.

"MuslimBro" wrote:
"Mr Honey's Day Out" I hope this has answered your question.

It sort of has MuslimBro. The impression I get is that if revealing the sin will only harm or upset others or if it is revealed recklessly one shouldn't do it. Perhaps there is additionally a requirement to protect reputation. However there is surely a grey area such as if one has by committing a sin against God, also deceived another (Judaism makes this same distinction btw, of deeds between man and God and deeds between man and man). So I am still not sure if the original question is clarified by those examples but your answer is appreciated.

You can call me 100 if it's any easier.

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

It is not a sin to admit your sins.

However it is a complication. You are adding a third party to dealing which are between yourself and your lord.

There are two types of rights. Huqooqullah and huqooul Ibad.

Basically rights to the creator and rights towards the creation.

If you trample on rights of creation, you need their forgiveness before the creator will forgive you. If you trample on right of the creator only, it is still major, but you only need to ask forgiveness from Allah (swt).

Now if you blurt out all you sins, publicise them then they have now got an aspect of being linked with other creation in the mix. muddies the water, less likely to be forgiven.

If you publicise them to boast, that in itself is probably is a sin.

Oops! Just noticed MuslimBro has said the same thing, but since I wrote this out, I will leave it.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
If you trample on rights of creation, you need their forgiveness before the creator will forgive you. If you trample on right of the creator only, it is still major, but you only need to ask forgiveness from Allah (swt).

what if they dont forgive you? r u cant ask them for forgivness ?

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

tough luck.

It's the price of trampling on others.

You do the crime, you pay the price.

No if's, no but's.

If you can't play the price, you get lightly toasted I would assume.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
tough luck.

It's the price of trampling on others.

You do the crime, you pay the price.

No if's, no but's.

If you can't play the price, you get lightly toasted I would assume.

Actually that's not what I have heard, I'll try gettin the reference.

On the day of judgement when one has commited an act which has hurt another individual Allah (swt) will state to that person, you wil have to ask that person for forgiveness as you did bad with them. But before that person gets a chance to go to ask for forgivness Allah (swt) will go to the other person and say so and so is going to come to you to ask for forgivness, if you dont forgive him then I will not forgive you....obviously the person will have to forgive...beautiful. ( showing the mercy of Allah (swt) that he will want them both to be forgiven)

question was if the other person is not willing to forgive... or you can't pay the price.

"Angel" wrote:

Actually that's not what I have heard, I'll try gettin the reference.

On the day of judgement when one has commited an act which has hurt another individual Allah (swt) will state to that person, you wil have to ask that person for forgiveness as you did bad with them. But before that person gets a chance to go to ask for forgivness Allah (swt) will go to the other person and say so and so is going to come to you to ask for forgivness, if you dont forgive him then I will not forgive you....obviously the person will have to forgive...beautiful. ( showing the mercy of Allah (swt) that he will want them both to be forgiven)

[b][color=indigo]SubhanAllah.. truly shows the mercy of Allah swt and how much he loves his creation.[/color][/b]

Basically there were a gropu of people openly saying things what their parents dont know such as dating and so forth..

When I mentioned to them that its a sin to openly commit what you're doing wrong some chose to ignore it and carried on..

I said that although your parents may not know But there is nothing which you can Hide from Allah SWT for He sees and knows all..

So in some cases its ok to reveal ur wrong as in when you want to ask forgivness from someone?

Learn To Love The People Who Are Willing To Love You At Present. Forget The People In The Past & Thank Them For Hurting You, Which Lead You To Love The People You Have Right Now..

wat if uv dun wrong by sum1 behind their back and then knowin askin them for forgivness wud mean admiting too wat uve dun which wud hurt them. cos im sure i read sumwhere its better to kyp sumthing to urslf if u kno its gna cause more pain??

i duno how accurate that is might hav it wrong!!! :?

can sum1 plz clarifyyy

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.