burgalries.

On Monday evening I left the house at around 5pm to take my son to kumon. After that, I went round to my mums house. My hubby called me at about 7pm, and told me that our home had been broken into.

They got away with our telly. A mobile that was being charged, and an lcd portable tv. They even took the remotes. cheeky!!

I can't get over the fact that someone was in my home. We worked hard for our things. And these idiot just walked in and took them off us. And we can't even do anything about it. They don't care about anything or anyones belongings. They pulled the blinds down and walked all over them. It was so upsetting putting them back up. They were in such all creased and had footprints all over them. :evil:

Has anyone else ever been broken into? will I ever get over this?

Yes, my place has been broken into. I have also had my bike nicked (while my housemate's far more expensive bike was left alone). I still don't have a bike. My sister's place has been burgled twice and while the kids were asleep upstairs. Last time her car was stolen but the police found it. Her neighbours have recently been burgled too, sometimes in broad daylight. My aunt and her neighbours have has cars stolen or burgled for radios or Sat Nav so often they have pitched in for CCTV.

I am sorry you got burgled. Get over it though, just because. Let life be sweet despite the odd troubles.

[size=10]I feel I'm gonna move on back down south
you know where the water tastes like cherry wine[/size]

[color=indigo][b]Luckly we havn't been burgled yet... but i no some very, very funny stories about some of the burgalries which almost did happen around my area, too many to list and so little time! Well put it this way, they just about managed to get through the front door and thats about it! Or maybe not even that..!
Burglars love our area, there always roaming around...!

Anyhow, im sure you'll get over it sis. End of the day its only materialistic things, aslong as no1 was hurt it's not that bad (Nottt! If my TV or latptops, compz were knickd i'll go crazy!!!!) Btw did you have any windows open??? Or did they smash one of them? Our front door is usually open till like 2 in the morning!!! Once we even forgot to lock the door!!! [/b][/color]

We've never been burgled, our family is not small so we've got at least one person staying in the house at any one time. Theft from cars is more of problem in my area than houses. Once we had a empty carrier bag in our car that was visible from the outside and someone might have thought that they would find something valuable in it and they smashed the drivers side window and took it. Reported it to the police but as you might guess.....nothing happened. Didn't claim insurance on it as my dad would have lost his no claims bonus so just replaced the window.

If you've got no-one at home for short periods during the day (or night) then it would be wise to invest in a burglar alarm or some sort of CCTV which is visible from the outside as this [i]should[/i] deter burglars.

I can't imagine someone nicking stuff from our house, especially from my bedroom as I've spent quite alot of money. Got more than a grands worth of electronics in my bedroom.

"Noori...*" wrote:
[color=indigo][b]Well put it this way, they just about managed to get through the front door and thats about it! Or maybe not even that..!
[/b][/color]

:shock: That was our house. some one decided to try burgle us on eid day. he managed to get into the house n when he saw a room full of people he ran.

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

Our flat got burgled when I was a kid...they took our gold/money etc and trashed the house.

That shook us all up and for some reason mum/dad said they'd lost their sense of peace/security in that place.

We moved houses/area a short while after the incident.

Its not so much about material stuff...its that fear and violation of your personal space that lasts for a long time.

It takes time...but you def get over it.

We're ok now. Just looks really bear where the tv was!!!! glad they didn't get the computer..........I'd miss you guys!! Lol

Anyways we getting a new telly today!! and a bigger one than before!!!!

live and let live!!!!!!!

one sure way of not getting burgled is getting a big mean dog , preferably a rottwieler :twisted:

funny story

couple years ago when i was on my way to college on the bus , 3 black guys came on the bus and never paid the fair, so the bus driver stopped the bus and sed his gonna call the cops, i was getting late for college , so i payed there fairs of the kindness of my heart that and they were only 40p short :? , then 10 mins later they tried robbing me Lol , i fought em off though , nothing go robbed , no injuries accept for a bruised ego

Gosh that's really bad, peacegirl.

Have the police not been able to help at all?

You get over losing the material stuff, but I'd be really heartbroken if something sentimental was stolen, like a photo album or something you can't easily replace. I think it is absolutely sick when burglars steal something like that which is of no real value to them, but they just do it for the sake of it.

loll they were messing with the wrong person and btw when ppl like that approach u or something its best to not take notice and ignore it but be on the lookout.

The trouble with generosity is extravagance.

[color=red][b]well get this some ppl are so weird because my uncle was burgled and all they took was his car how weird!!!![/b][/color]

the only the only nisha not Nasha

You call that weird?

The cars that are made nowadays are harder to break into so what some people are doing is they are breaking into other peoples homes and just searching for the car keys because the car is more valuable then the electronics in your home put altogether.