The Noble Angels Of Allah(swt)

"Seraph" wrote:
Angels

These are beings of a different nature from man. While man was created from soil they are created from light. And thus human beings-except Prophets--cannot see them in their original nature, but may see them if they take a physical form. Our knowledge of them is therefore almost entirely based on What God and his Prophets tell us about them.

But why should we bother to know about them?

Because they play a very big role in conducting our affair. To know about them could Perhaps be said to be useful to us in the same manner as knowledge of the working of world and other people's behaviour is useful.

We are told that these almost innumerable beings who are extremely powerful are created in such a way that they always obey and never go against Divine commands, and continuously serve and never tire of serving thier Lord.

Their main task, the one from which their name is derived is that of conveying God's messages to His chosen prophets. This great honor is assigned mainly to their leader Gabriel (or Jibril as the name is pronounced in Arabic).

The Messenger of Allah saw Jibreel in his true form. He had six hundred wings, each of which covered the horizon. There fell from his wings jewels, pearls and rubies, only Allah knows about them.

But in spite of this they are--as a species--in a lower degree than the human species, and this is symbolized in the fact that when Adam was created they were ordered to prostrate themselves before him as a sign of greeting and respect.This has been given (by some) as evidence or the fact that the human species is better than the species of angels.

They attend to and watch over us. They keep a record of our good and bad deeds, and never a word we mention passes without being registered by them either for or against us.

We cannot see the angels because they are made of things which our eyes cannot see. But all the same, we know that they are there, because Allah has told us so. Sometimes, we can even feel the presence of these angels.

They play a role in the causation and happening of seemingly purely natural phenomena, like wind and rain and death.

The angels have names, but we know only the names of a few of them. We have to believe in the names reported in the Qur’aan and Sunnah texts, as a part of general belief in the angels. Among the names of angels that are known to us are:

1. Jibreel (Gabriel)
2. Mikaa'eel (Michael)
3. Israafeel
4. Malik
5. Munkar
6. Nakeer
7. Haaroot
8. Maaroot
9. Azrael

These are some of the most well known angels whom are mentioned throughout the Holy Quran. Although there are countless number of angels, each one with different jobs to perform.

Discuss ideas, present any relavant information.

I thought id revive an old topic I once started on angels.

what do you know about them and any such relavant information you wish to share pls do.

do angles actually wear that ring of something on their head?

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

you mean da halo?

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

i don't know what it's called.

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

halo its called a halo

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

what's the halo made of, fire?

i dunno light maybe do angels have halos zara if u dont mind me askinhow old r u?

[size=7]in january[/size]

oh so ur da sme age as my cuzin and ur in yr9

yeah

ok den

Kids these days.... they ask the darndest things.

[b]Q.[/b] Whats a halo?

[b]A.[/b] A halo is a ring of light that usually surrounds a person depicted in religious works of art e.g. Da Vinci's Benois Madonna painting, Jesus and the twelve Apostles in The Last Supper (notice Judas doesnt have a halo in this painting for obvious reasons).
I believe the halo symbolizes the persons noor (inner light) or consciousness that would trascend the physical.

[b]Q.[/b] Do angles actually wear that ring of something(a halo) on their head?

[b]A.[/b] Angels are created from light... sooo i would assume they radiated light also... but you wouldnt necessarily see a ring around their heads because as ive already explained Halo's were only used in religious works of art.

Back in BLACK

Quote:

ok then Mr know it all

Assalamu 'alaykum,

Heres my halo - you will see it hanging above you at Angel Station in case your wondering Wink :--)

[img]

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

"Seraphim" wrote:

...I believe the halo symbolizes the persons noor (inner light) or consciousness that would trascend the physical.

...Angels are created from light... sooo i would assume they radiated light also... but you wouldnt necessarily see a ring around their heads because as ive already explained Halo's were only used in religious works of art.

You're being modest.

[size=10]I feel I'm gonna move on back down south
you know where the water tastes like cherry wine[/size]

Salam

Angels are there to serve pious women.

Omrow

Man can often become upgraded and downgraded…when he has totally submitted himself to the will of God than he is considered better than an angel…however, when he always gives into his base desires than he is considered no better than an animal…

Salam

If I may correct the good lady.

She is not strictly correct.

Behaving like a horse has nothing to do with being an animal.

However, being a donkey is.

Omrow