FORCE FEEDING

i woke up late and had the traditional heavy, brekfast this morning

we went to someone's house just to see their new baby and they did my HEAD IN to eat :evil: :evil: :evil:

for the record-evryone in my immediate family has a very healthy appitite

-none of us watch our weight-nor does anyone have a weight problem

-many of us-esp my brother and older sister have a great love for good food

-if we want something we wouldnt ever refuse out of politeness

SO WHY THE HELL DO SO MANY ASIAN FAMILIES FORCE FEED THEIR GUESTS!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

its not a good "host" thing-it takes the mick

my mum does the same to her guest-it proper annoys me

over-eating can LITERALLY make a person sick

so PLEASE TAKE HEED those of you like to force feed your guests :evil:

Salam

Look Mediya.

You may not know because you are a littlefurball,
but its good manners to make sure that your guest eat good food.

Omrow

well omrow i think she has a valid point when someone says no it means no

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Not true.

When women say no, they generally means a yes.

but are we talking about women yes or no where talkin about force feeding and agin as you do you are stereo typing women which i feel is absolutely un nessecerry

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

A bit of force doesnt do anybody any harm, especially women.

Its all in a good cause.

Why should anyone complain about good food.

God !!

well IMO when somone says no , it's well mannered/polite to give them a least something even tho it may be small as serving them a glass of water or juice.

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

yh ok den i someone was to force you to eat after a afeast which totally filled you up wud u be happy

"Bliss" wrote:
well IMO when somone says no , it's well mannered/polite to give them a least something even tho it may be small as serving them a glass of water or juice.

yes dats true but what lil sis was tryin to say was wen someone wants you to eat feast of food after you just ate and they keep pushin trust me i know how pushie aunties can get they get really upset if you say no

"F4nzo" wrote:
"Bliss" wrote:

yes dats true but what lil sis was tryin to say was wen someone wants you to eat feast of food after you just ate and they keep pushin trust me i know how pushie aunties can get they get really upset if you say no

i see.

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

My goodness, Omrow, your comments on this thread have an insidious ring.

[size=10]I feel I'm gonna move on back down south
you know where the water tastes like cherry wine[/size]

if someone forces me to eat, then i definatly don't. just to annoy them :twisted:

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

u r truly evil :roll: :roll:

i am not! i just like to be stubborn

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

aah well sometimes stubborness turns into evil :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

not with me it doesn't, it just turns into fights

i cant believe u have more posts den me i swear some1s been deletin mine anyways ibetta get posting

"zara" wrote:

if someone forces me to eat, then i definatly don't.

just to annoy them

See what I mean.

Thats when they will try their best to make you eat.

They too know how to be stubborn.

And you will end up eating it.

They always win.

[b][color=violet]you just reminded me of this programme i was watching when this little kid would'nt eat what the mother was telling him to eat so she went over to him and openeed his mouth (forcefully) and shoved the spoon with some food on it into his mouthhh....!

aww felltt so sowiee for the kid[/color][/b]

...live everyday as your last day...

[color=violet]awwwwww thats soo cruel i would not like to be force feed its soooo horrid[/color]

the only the only nisha not Nasha

What if your child was not eating properly and as a parent you are legally responsible for your child.

Would you then say that force feeding is cruel?

[b]

Quote:
What if your child was not eating properly and as a parent you are legally responsible for your child.

Would you then say that force feeding is cruel?

[/b]

Nah.. trust force feeding kids isnt cruel at all. I mean according to my mum, when i was a baby/kid i would eat at all and she literally had to stuff food in my mouth despite my protests-but if she didnt do that then i wouldnt of been healthy and would've gottem ill.

Kids need nutrients.

But why do parents force feed their kids when they're overweight? :shock:

If my kids are slightly overweight/obese, i'd cut down on their food and wouldnt let them pig out.

As kids we were all very fussy eaters too…I think just to get us to eat eggs or milk mum used to have to mix it in other food.

My baby sister was and still is a very, very fussy eater…she eats nothing and is very skinny. I forced her once as a baby…and she puked up on me, now we’ve kinda given up on her…cos all of as developed a great love of food when we started high school…you cant force kids to eat, and you ESPECIALLY shouldn’t force adults to eat.

Yesterday we made dinner for our cousins, and of course there were loads of different dishes. Mum had made 4 sweet dishes, everyone just had what they wanted, some had a little of everything and others just a couple.

However when we go round to theirs, my auntie expects us to have a little of [i]everything[/i] she has made. I'm not that keen on chicken and I don't particularly like any asian sweet dishes either, and even though she knows this she still always makes me feel really bad for not having them. She always comes out with something like 'I've made it slightly different this time, won't you even just taste [i]a bit?'. [/i]

I used to have some just to please her, but next time the same thing would happen again, so I just say 'No' now, but I'm made to feel really rude.

"Imaani" wrote:
Yesterday we made dinner for our cousins, and of course there were loads of different dishes. Mum had made 4 sweet dishes, everyone just had what they wanted, some had a little of everything and others just a couple.

However when we go round to theirs, my auntie expects us to have a little of [i]everything[/i] she has made. I'm not that keen on chicken and I don't particularly like any asian sweet dishes either, and even though she knows this she still always makes me feel really bad for not having them. She always comes out with something like 'I've made it slightly different this time, won't you even just taste [i]a bit?'. [/i]

I used to have some just to please her, but next time the same thing would happen again, so I just say 'No' now, but I'm made to feel really rude.

Ask if you could take some home instead and try it when some room has been made vacant in your stomach.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

It's not about making room, it's about being forced to eat what you don't like.

"Imaani" wrote:

Can't you accept the food and give it to someone else, like your neighbour or someone, but don't tell anyone about it.

no when its in front of you, you cant do anything about it eat it or dont.

"Imaani" wrote:

Agreed. I can always make room, even if I've literally just eaten a massive meal.

But, some things I cant cant stomach...esp almost all Asian desserts.