I love my shalwar kameez

[size=18][b]I love my shalwar kameez[/b][/size]

By The Last Bit

They come in all colours, sizes and materials but there's nothing better than a well-fitted shalwar kameez.

There was a time when I would wear my shalwar kameez all the time...I even kept it on all day during Eid. But then some years ago I found people gave me funny looks and I got called freshie and all that. I stopped wearing it. It was either that or I'd have to shave my moustache off.

But I couldn't do it for long and was back wearing my trusted beige shalwar kameez everywhere. But I have noticed a couple of design flaws. First of all the 'nara' (the rope that holds your pants up) always seems to get tangled when you've just had six jugs of mango lassi. The experience teaches you a lot about life and stuff. [edited] And thirdly, in the winter, the chilly breeze can be really annoying.

continued...
Despite these little irritations the shalwar kameez wearer is the proudest man on the planet. Why? because he doesn't have to bother about three things....his waist size, whether the pants match the top and whether the stupid label that says how much your clothes are worth is the one in fashion.

And the best thing is if your shalwar kameez doesn't fit for any reason you can sort it out with a couple of alterations. If you don't like the nara...get the elastic fitted. If there's too few pockets get a couple of secret ones sewn in. And if the chilly breeze is too much.....wear your jeans underneath.

Amazingly, my salwar kameez goes with everything - trainers, rockports, striped jumpers, white socks, gold chains, bubble jackets, window...I mean mirror waistcoats and football boots.

When abroad the shalwar kameez comes into it's own. The air-conditioning is great, the side of the road beckons you at every stop

For those of you like myself who wear Shalwar Kameez to work and then the same ones to bed

[i had the edit the dum.b bits i found :roll: , but i found the rest of it pretty amusing]

[url=

WOW!!!

What a versatile Shalwar Kameez. I love your Shalwaar Kameez also!

Lol

He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition, burns a picture to obtain the ashes!

nice little piece there...

i actually HATE wearing salwaar kameez

feel so uncomfortable in it...

the naara business- can never get the hang of it:-)

i prefer my jeans and top or my shirt and trousers....

plus sometimes you can look out of place... some ppl wear it to work in offices etc...its up to them i personally think it looks daft...:-)

some ppl thinks its more islamic than other dresses....:-)

but hey... what ever rocks your boat:-)

[color=indigo][b]
I cant stand Shalwar Kameez, you get so hot in them and there so uncomfortable to wear under a jilbab, i gave all my old and new ones to charity and now i just live in my abayas, joggin bottoms and nighties![/b][/color]

Hmm.. it is true. I've never seen Ed in Shalwaar Kameez

He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition, burns a picture to obtain the ashes!

I do love my Shalwar Kameez too...but for some reason I have never, ever went to college/Uni or work wearing them.

I only wear them at home...it isnt practical elsewhere.

But its most def the best dress to wear when dressing up..

I don't like people who belittle English clothes and assume that the only decent dress available is Shalwaar Kameez...or those people who think that one sign of being "religious" is that you wear shalwaar Kameez.

I know a lady that is always cussing English clothes, and she's coming over to our house tonight.....and even though I don't usually wear English clothes at home....tonight I'll most def wear a pair of jeans.

[color=magenta]Salwar Kameez are soooooooo in, i love salwar kameezis, and now they come in different designs too, but i get the same problem as you noori, when it comes to wearing jilbab it is definitely wearing trousers and jeans underneath, at home im a salwar kameez girl and my school uniform was even salwar kameez[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

I think brothers look nice is shalwar kameez, but only on Eid and Weddings! I just think they can look a bit too casual worn everyday - to me, trousers and even jeans and joggers look more smart.

I like wearing them, (as long as they're not bright yellow or orange with massive flowers all over), but having said that, I don't actually own a single shalwar or pyjama - all my suits have boot cut trousers, again 'coz I think they look more smart. My sisters all have the various latest styles in shalwars and they look great wearing them, but they're just not me.

I wear 'English' clothes to work, - I say 'English' because they are all from western shops although they are not that different to what I wear at home, ie smart dresses with trousers.

Salam

Prime Minister's wife is now starting to wear these Asian clothes.

When she does that she looks pretty.

Normally, she is quite an ugly woman.

Omrow

looooooool ur cruel!

i don't think they're practical in cold blustery and wet weather. i remember as a kid i had no choice parents dressed me, always had to wear them. It was the worst when it would rain. I'd be dry up to my knees coz of my coat. but knees down i'd be soaked through and it'd stick to my skin when it rained. It left me freezing and i always ended up getting a cold.

Also i don't like wearing cardigans with salwar kameez i duno i just don't like that look, reminds me of the grandma look. I prefer wearing a neutral shawl over for warmth. But shawls aren't practical at school and work. So again i'd freeze.

Also trainers you can't wear them with salwar kameez you're limited in footwear. By far sandals look the best with this form of dress but you can't wear sandals all year round not with the weather we have in the uk.

So as i grew up i tended to wear western clothes outdoors coz they kept me warmer. I'd leave the salwar kameez for home coz they're great for lounging about in, and they're great for special occasions. Other than that i'm a bit like Noor pj bottoms all the way. Nothing like brushed cotton a nice fire and hot cupa tea to chill out.

Like MS i also hate those folks who think salwar kameez are superior clothing and they're the only islamic clothing around. I know that was the main reason my parents made me wear them at home. Coz what ever will the neighbours say if they see me in a long skirt? Oh she's turned Engish, she's a rebellious one bladi bladi blah :roll:

"Imaani" wrote:
I think brothers look nice is shalwar kameez, but only on Eid and Weddings! I just think they can look a bit too casual worn everyday - to me, trousers and even jeans and joggers look more smart.

We had a family wedding last weekend and we couldnt decide if our boys (14-18 year old) brother and cousins should wear the traditional Sharwani's or a smart Suit...we went with the Suits.

I dunno why...but I think guys only look good in Shalwar kameez on their way to the Mosque.

I too pretty mych live in dresses over trousers. Biggrin

"yashmaki" wrote:

Like MS i also hate those folks who think salwar kameez are superior clothing and they're the only islamic clothing around. I know that was the main reason my parents made me wear them at home. Coz what ever will the neighbours say if they see me in a long skirt? Oh she's turned Engish, she's a rebellious one bladi bladi blah :roll:

LOL.

I had such a lady over a few hours ago...she couldnt keep her eyes of my jeans, even though I had a dress over it and there were no men in the house...it was apparently the most scandelous thing she had ever seen.

Such narrow-minded mentality bugs me so much.

im so proud of the salwar kameez i was one of the only boys wearing a salwar kameez on mufti(non-uniform) day out of a 1000 along with my red and white headscarf and hat some people thought i was terrorist :evil: :evil: which hurt but some people felt very proud and touched by me aslo the scret pockets come in handy wen i went to hide my fone p.s i am in yr10(u kno how much appearance means!!)

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

i like to wear designer shalwar kameez from pakistan!!

I'm always in maria b when i go there!!

and they are a lot cheaper than here......and whenever my hubby is in pakistan..........I get him to go to maria b and chen one, he calls me from there and I talk to the assistant and tell her wot I'm looking for.

but still love wearing my jeans.........they are most definatly a lot more comfy,,,coz being a mum, I'm kneeling on the floor alot!!

live and let live!!!!!!!

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Me three!

I have sooo many dresses, just bought them over summer in different colours and I am stil buying more. Since these new dresses I have stopped wearing asain clothes, I just cant be bothered. However on eid etc I love dressing up.

Also love wearing skirts, they look classy!

"Angel" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

Me three!

I have sooo many dresses, just bought them over summer in different colours and I am stil buying more. Since these new dresses I have stopped wearing asain clothes, I just cant be bothered. However on eid etc I love dressing up.

Also love wearing skirts, they look classy!

YEahhhhhhhhh!! the dresses around at the mo' are lovely.!! and I can't stop buying either!!
I like wearing my skirts with my boots!!

live and let live!!!!!!!

I know I just recently bought a pair of creme knee high boots, they look gorgus under my denim skirt...

ummm i dont think u should be posting this sort of stuuf here a bit off topic if u know what i mean why dont u dicuss this further at no topic maybe :?

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

"F4nzo" wrote:
ummm i dont think u should be posting this sort of stuuf here a bit off topic if u know what i mean why dont u dicuss this further at no topic maybe :?

:roll:

We're discussing clothing be it asian or western and our preferences..

im sorry i thought it was shalwar kameezez plus i sound contradictry cuz i h8 tlkin bwt girl clothes

i'd live in my jeans 24/7 if i knew it wouldnt give the aunties a hart attack :roll:

lol it gives guys da heart attack but da wrong 1

"F4nzo" wrote:
lol it gives guys da heart attack but da wrong 1

what do u mean the wrong ones i dont get u

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

I think he's referring to the tight jeans which reveal a girls figure.

It depends if you are dressed decently then it wouldnt and shouldnt give no one a heart attack but just coz its "western" it means the girl is not wearing her traditional clothing (shock horror for some :roll: ), a lot oldies think she is dressed indecently :roll:

I hardly wear asain clothes now coz I don't have any nice ones, so normally i am in my jeans or trousers but I couldnt care less what others think. If i wear something decent then why the hell does it matter what others think, ppl are just way too nosy.

yep dats wat i was tryin to say the wrong reaction(im not sayin its ur fault)

i have promised myself that i will never ever wear Shalwar Kameez! never!

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

why its betta den jeans

"zara" wrote:
i have promised myself that i will never ever wear Shalwar Kameez! never!

[color=indigo][b]Why??! My mum is practically forcing me to get some made!!!![/b][/color]

its is gud u are pakistani kuri u must do as i say baas (wen ur readin this pretend its in a freshy accent)

wats dat suppose 2 mean

Pages