Race Wars

Salaam
where i come from there have been a lot of bengali-pakistani fights and violence purely to the fact of race or maybe not race other reasons aswell. I was just wandering what are your views on this? What i can do?
thank you
khudahafiz

It stems from the East and West Pakistan partition. They should get over it. They were all Pakistanis and the begining of the day and they are all Pakistanis and the end. Wink

He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition, burns a picture to obtain the ashes!

Actually, I doubt the intricacies and nuances of the Pakistani Civil War have any bearing on fights between gangs of young Asian boys in Bedford.

They probably fight because they have nothing better to do.

I do believe the civil war had something to do with the fighting. People just don’t get over these things no matter where they live. If that was the case there would be no need for organizations like Alif-Aleph to unite British Muslims and Jews. mmm why should the Bengalis forgot what happened to their people when many of us can't get over the fact that the Jews have taken over Muslim land? I agree that people should move on, but they don’t.

Assalamu 'alaykum,

I dont want to sound condescending, but i always seem to feel that a LOT more racism and bigotry up north, compared to the south, like cosmopolitan London. Towns and cities up north, from what i can see, tend to be more insular, closed and confined to particular races from area to area.. so you may get some "white-only" areas in Manchester, and similarly "pakistani-only" areas as well. As a consequence, there is less mixing of races - and less integration and understanding.. This, combined with social and economical deprivation and general apathy towards education, would result in groups fighting against each other - like Pakistanis and Bangladeshis... Am i right in thinking this, or...?

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

"Amal" wrote:
Assalamu 'alaykum,

I dont want to sound condescending, but i always seem to feel that a LOT more racism and bigotry up north, compared to the south, like cosmopolitan London. Towns and cities up north, from what i can see, tend to be more insular, closed and confined to particular races from area to area.. so you may get some "white-only" areas in Manchester, and similarly "pakistani-only" areas as well. As a consequence, there is less mixing of races - and less integration and understanding.. This, combined with social and economical deprivation and general apathy towards education, would result in groups fighting against each other - like Pakistanis and Bangladeshis... Am i right in thinking this, or...?

You're right... that did sound condescending.

Back in BLACK

"Amal" wrote:
Assalamu 'alaykum,

partly true bt im sure you ger white only or pakistani areas only in LOndon too. i duno cos im from up north and we do have areas like this aint so bad in sheffield buit if you went to bradford :shock: mannigham thas another story...

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

[b][color=indigo]Yeah ur right.. here there aint divided communities.. everyone is like one big happy family Biggrin
Being realistic there are racists everywhere but there havn't been any racist attacks here so far..and i hope it stays that way too![/color][/b]

yh it doesnt help with the biased reports of 71 war so that could be an issue but mostly its the term with which the gang im with is stan up and be counted 4 so it peer pressure also

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

"F4nzo" wrote:
yh it doesnt help with the biased reports of 71 war so that could be an issue but mostly its the term with which the gang im with is stan up and be counted 4 so it peer pressure also

And what do you say about that?

[size=10]I feel I'm gonna move on back down south
you know where the water tastes like cherry wine[/size]

"mmm" wrote:
It stems from the East and West Pakistan partition. They should get over it. They were all Pakistanis and the begining of the day and they are all Pakistanis and the end. Wink

[color=magenta]sorry would have to disagree, i dont care what u wna call me, Bengali or east Pakistani, at the end what is important to me is being a Muslim being bengali can come second

everyone talks about the tension between bengali and pakistani youths i think its more of an issue with boys rather than girls, because i got girl mates who are pakistanis and we get on fine. [/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]everyone talks about the tension between bengali and pakistani youths i think its more of an issue with boys rather than girls, because i got girl mates who are pakistanis and we get on fine.[/color]

I have to disagree as I don't think it's a boy thing, I got mates who are Pakistanis and we may not be close mates but we get on fine.

I agree with Beast "They probably fight because they have nothing better to do".

In our borough, Bangladeshi's are the majority and Pakistanis are a minority but I don't see any fights here, it may be a "Northern" thing.

[color=magenta]true true, my cousins from bham have really really good pakistani mates so i take that back, i dont no but in some areas there seems to be so much tensions between the bengalis and pakistanis but i personally never encountered anything like that. [/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

i can't tell the difference between the two. they look the same

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

say about what

Quote:
and what do you say about that?

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

"MuslimBro" wrote:
it may be a "Northern" thing.

[color=indigo][b]There aint a problem here. No fights have been kicked off because of race. Pakistanis/bengalis/somalis/arabs are all good pals. So all is good good.

IMO it depends on the individual and their upbringing[/b][/color].

"F4nzo" wrote:
say about what

What do you say to your gangsta mates in response to the big-boy pride mentality? Do you argue that they are making everything ugly?

We hardly have any bengali's here so can't say there has been any fights amongst these two communities.

A few times there have been racist fights amongst the asian and white community but overall our relations with the white community have been great mashallah, jus the odd clowns who ruin it for everyone.

"The Great 100" wrote:
"F4nzo" wrote:
say about what

What do you say to your gangsta mates in response to the big-boy pride mentality? Do you argue that they are making everything ugly?

wat i say to them when they are about to have a fight is i scramble to the middle of the circle then i ask both brothers whether there muslim or not they answer yes then i say are you willing to fight your brother (blood related) they answer no. then i say to them a muslim brother bond is greater then the blodd brother bond so why are you brothers fighting over nothing you are bringin shame upon islam usually the brothers are feelin disappointed and just walk away but i dont always be there so what can i do

"mmm" wrote:

actually where all indians if ur thinking in that fram of mind and i agree with excusite nationality is pride nothin special about it it just means u belong what si it to be pakistani? what is it to be british? its in the eye of the beholder

"F4nzo" wrote:
"The Great 100" wrote:
"F4nzo" wrote:
say about what

wat i say to them when they are about to have a fight is i scramble to the middle of the circle then i ask both brothers whether there muslim or not they answer yes then i say are you willing to fight your brother (blood related) they answer no. then i say to them a muslim brother bond is greater then the blodd brother bond so why are you brothers fighting over nothing you are bringin shame upon islam usually the brothers are feelin disappointed and just walk away but i dont always be there so what can i do

That is cool of you but I don't think the argument should be about Islamic loyalty. What would you say if they took issue with a non-Muslim gang? Would the gangsta stuff be OK in that scenario? (Be assured I presume your goodwill.)

Anyway what is the gang about? Are they dealing weed or something?

Bengali people ROCK!
I love Paan.
All I need now is a Bengali Passport.

When I said Bengali people are Pakistanis, it was a joke. I say it to my Bengali mates all the time to wind them up.

It's stupid that Pakistanis don't like Bengalis and vice versa. If Pakistanis looked at bengali people, especially the elders, they would learn a lot!

He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition, burns a picture to obtain the ashes!

"mmm" wrote:
It's stupid that Pakistanis don't like Bengalis and vice versa.

[color=indigo][b]
Errr i dont thinkso, i have many bengali friends who i like very much and vice versa so i dont no where your getting your facts from.

Try to be more specific next time.[/b][/color]

:roll:

[color=magenta]look we all love each other because we are MUSLIMS and we are all united under the banner of ISLAM, im not ashamed to be bengali, and i love all my pakistani brothers and sister in islam equally to how much i love all my bengali brothers and sisters[/color]

[color=indigo][b]Too right sis!

Lub u! Blum 3

(but i love your sis more!)[/b][/color]

"Noori...*" wrote:
"mmm" wrote:
It's stupid that Pakistanis don't like Bengalis and vice versa.

[color=indigo][b]
Errr i dont thinkso, i have many bengali friends who i like very much and vice versa so i dont no where your getting your facts from.

Try to be more specific next time.[/b][/color]

:roll:

I'm talking in the context of this thread! Not on a general level beacuse this thread isn't an overview of the two communities!

:?

"The Great 100" wrote:
"F4nzo" wrote:
"The Great 100" wrote:
"F4nzo" wrote:
say about what

That is cool of you but I don't think the argument should be about Islamic loyalty. What would you say if they took issue with a non-Muslim gang? Would the gangsta stuff be OK in that scenario? (Be assured I presume your goodwill.)

my gang is not reall y a gang more of a crew sme smoke sme dnt where jst tryin to chill out have a laff smetime fites happen smetimes dey dont and if it was a non-muslim gang dere no reasoning with dem

"F4nzo" wrote:
"The Great 100" wrote:
"F4nzo" wrote:
"The Great 100" wrote:
"F4nzo" wrote:
say about what

my gang is not reall y a gang more of a crew sme smoke sme dnt where jst tryin to chill out have a laff smetime fites happen smetimes dey dont and if it was a non-muslim gang dere no reasoning with dem

Pleased it isn't a real gang then. In any case I think you should reason aggressively, set an example, feel the power. Dirol

"The Great 100" wrote:
"F4nzo" wrote:
"The Great 100" wrote:
"F4nzo" wrote:
"The Great 100" wrote:
"F4nzo" wrote:
say about what

Pleased it isn't a real gang then. In any case I think you should reason aggressively, set an example, feel the power. Dirol

well it is a gang i fink it is depend on wat u mean by gang