Observations on Hijab- Hilarious Hijab

It has been my personal observation that some Muslim girls and women do not realise the significance of hijab. Hijab is Arabic for protection and cover. Some people put a lot of effort into their hijab, yet it serves no purpose. I am referring to the pointless hijab that some girls wear.

The first pointless hijab is referred to as the headband hijab. It is a band of fabric approximately 4 inches wide. It covers the back of the head and allows all the hair to be exposed. It doesn't serve much in terms of modesty, but at least it comes in handy in case of an unexpected tennis match!

The second pointless hijab is the dupatta, also known as the Saran wrap hijab. It covers all the hair, but it is totally transparent. Again it doesn't serve much in terms of modesty, but it keeps the hair nice and fresh!

The third type of hijab is known as the
Micky Mouse Hijab. It is when a girl wears a black scarf and tucks it behind her ear, so that her ears stick out!

We now move on to my favourites - the yo-yo hijabs:
The first yo-yo hijab is the scarf that keeps falling down and needs to be constantly pulled back up.... up, down, up, down, just like a yo-yo!

The second yo-yo hijab is also referred to as the convertibe hijab. This type of hijab is predominant at any type of social event, i.e. an Aqeeqah, Bismillah party, Ameen party, wedding, etc. This is when an Imam or Qari comes up to the microphone and starts to recite Qur'an. At this point, all the convertible hijabs come up... until he says "SadaqAllahu Atheem." I'm not sure, but apparently in some cultures that translates to "OK sisters, you may take off your scarves."

I'm sure this may seem odd, but what's even funnier is when people do not anticipate the
recitation of Qur'an at a social event, and are forced to be creative and use accessories such as a purse to cover one's hair. I was surprized to see a woman hold her purse over her head as "hijab"... as if the multitudes of men surrounding her are not a good enough reason to wear hijab, but some guy reciting du'a compels her to hold a purse over her head. Her friends were more creative... one friend used her dinner napkin. I was also laughing when i saw the communal hijab- two or more girls dropped under one dinner napkin during the recitation of Qur'an. Her other friend was still more creative. She used her coffee saucer on the back of her head. I wasn't sure of it was hijab or Yamaka. I didn't know if she was a Muslim or a Jew. I felt like going up to her and saying "Shalom alaikum, sister."

And, people should remember that hijab is not just a protection from guys, but from a
girls' nafs (ego) as well. It should prevent girls from having to spend hours in front of the mirror doing her hair. But, unfortunately, you see girls in front of the mirror for hours doing their hijab as they would do their hair, with all sorts of elaborate braids and the like. I wanted to go up to a sister and say "Is your hijab naturally curly?" I also felt compelled to go up to another girl and say "Pardon me, but is your hijab naturally that colour, or did you dye it"?

Well the point is that some people make an effort to wear hijab, but it is futile, because it is not fulfilling its purpose. It's like using an umbrella with holes in it. Hijab is used for protection from guys as well as from the girl herself, and should not be used as an accessory or for beautifying one's self.

Any way, that's it. If any one disagrees with me or is offended, then you are disagreeing
with the teachings of Allah Subhaanuhu wa Ta'ala.

The author of this article "Observations on Hijab" is unknown.
It is however, thought to be written by a brother.
Funny as it is, there are a number of lessons to be learnt...

there were lots of good points in that article.
and the names of the types of hijab were funny.

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

Really interesting post. I must say I myself and several of my family and friends have observed the different ways in which hijaab is currently worn in UK, Europe etc...quite different to what it was worn like 10+ years ago, firstly less number of women wore one and the ones who did seem to really wear it in a neat and protective manner. Today, you find [i]some [/i] hijaab are more of a fashion statement with fancy glittery scarfs, with glittery hair clips, tight fitting clothes, high heels etc just to go shopping in public. Hardly conservative, or proetctive, if anything it attracts attention to the face and body. Again this is just a minority, and its just an observation. No offence intended to anyone. Just the way many are watching how the hijaab and its accessories are worn on the High Street. What you wear privately at home, parties etc is different but on the street is quite a different matter and one that is being observed.

[color=indigo][b]Unfortuntely this pratice of observing the Hijaab in this way is fairly common with sisters nowdays. There are many different reasons to why sisters were the hijaab in these kindof ways; Firstly they dont actually understand the true inner beauty of the hijaab and that the hijaab is more than just putting a peice of cloth on your head (sum sisters i no used to cover their head cz they tought that Shaytan wee's on ur head), secondly some of these sisters havn't actually wore the hijaab out of their own free will but have been forced to wear it, others may see it as a cultural thing, others a fashion statment, others dont even no what your meant to be covering so they cover what they think your meant to cover...

May Allah guide these sisters. [/b][/color]

covertible hijaab??!!!!! Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol so true!!! and what a fab name!!!!

live and let live!!!!!!!

makes me laff esp when sisters were the hijab micky mouse style jus so they can wear big earings and stick their ears out!!!!!!! Lol

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

the author needs to realise that there are more better things to do with bogging at girls in hijaabs

he shud also take heed of the "lowering ur gaze" command :roll:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
the author needs to realise that there are more better things to do with bogging at girls in hijaabs

is the auther of this topic a HE????????? no way!

live and let live!!!!!!!

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

I don't think you need to 'stare' at girls to know the above. Yeah there are alot of things which are better than writing an article like the above but there's no harm in criticising girls once in a while :twisted:

"peace4all" wrote:
is the auther of this topic a HE????????? no way!

"Snoopz" wrote:
The author of this article "Observations on Hijab" is unknown.
It is however, thought to be written by a brother.

"MuslimBro" wrote:

I don't think you need to 'stare' at girls to know the above. Yeah there are alot of things which are better than writing an article like the above but there's no harm in criticising girls once in a while :twisted:

actually u need to stare at a LOT of girls for a LONG time to write a long article about them :roll:

Snoopy girl. There is already a thread on veil.

So, dont be an idiot.

"Omrow" wrote:
Snoopy girl. There is already a thread on veil.

So, dont be an idiot.

splurt Blum 3

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.