thinking !!!

is pondering good for ones soul?
and are their limits to pondering? some of it leads to inner peace but other leads to depression
[/b]

I think daydreaming is cool.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

admin i dont mean day dreaming
other thinking

u can't stop day dreaming can u

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

It all depends on what you think, and wether you allow things to affect you.

To some extent you need to think. But if you allow maybe's, hasbeens and probable's to rule your life then it;s better to give up thinking.

and I DID mean daydreaming.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:

and I DID mean daydreaming.

i dont get u
wat are u on about admin u do confuse me at times

I confuse everyone. It was a joke. One that I find highly amusing. Which means noone else will.

/Move along

I do think alot, but I must say I prefer thing unplanned. I never make plans beyond the absolute basic. probably why I am the way I am, both good and bad.

But remember that worrying about things you have no control over is useless. So don't.

Always try your best, then rely on Allah (swt). Simple really. No sould will be given a burden that it cannot carry.

u know when u start to think about the world creation pondering on that lines oviosuly we know that ALLAH swt made it all do you get sinned

[b][color=indigo]lol

I love thinking. I always think about stuff all the time. Sitting on the bus, when im going to sleeep, when im in the car and blah blah. Im a bit weird sometimes.. my eyes tend to pop open in the middle of the night so i sit up in the dark, cross my arms and start to think! and i sit there for like hours untill i nodd off again!
I usually think about stuff.. What if this.. and What if that.. and the What ifs go on and on...

Ponderings good.. well it makes sum ppl go tapped sumtimes.. anyway.. i read sumwhere that pondering on Allahs creation for an hour is as if you've been standing up in ibadah all night.

Link on pondering, its by Harun Yahya: [/color][/b]

how does thinking depress you bliss?

if sumthing depressess me i just try really hard not to think about it. think about something which doesnt depress u instead

u could always talk to the revivals agony aunt Biggrin lol

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

snoooopy i havn't reached depression yet, don't worry if i ever do you will be teh first one to hear about it Wink

"Kadijah" wrote:
pondering is good for teh soul,

True, and getting a headache from it all is a sign of mature thinking.

[size=10]I feel I'm gonna move on back down south
you know where the water tastes like cherry wine[/size]

"The Great 100" wrote:
"Kadijah" wrote:

not to mention, grey hairs....ahem[size=7]..Beast![/size]

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:
"The Great 100" wrote:
"Kadijah" wrote:

not to mention, grey hairs....ahem[size=7]..Beast![/size]

ohhhhhhh that's a dig

Quote:
and are their limits to pondering? some of it leads to inner peace but other leads to depression

i never ponder, i just do it. whats the point in getting worked up about something?

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

Salam

"Bliss" wrote:

and are their limits to pondering?

Be a good girl and leave the thinking to men.

We already have enough problems in this world.

Omrow

[b][color=indigo]Be a good girl and dont listen to Omrow and everything will be just fine.[/color][/b]

Whoever contemplates divine wisdom with a strong wish to KNOW Allah (swt), then this contemplation is worth more than a 1000 years of worship.

It’s good to stop and reflect. Sadly, we don’t do enough of it.

"Noor...*" wrote:
[b][color=indigo]lol

I love thinking. I always think about stuff all the time. Sitting on the bus, when im going to sleeep, when im in the car and blah blah. Im a bit weird sometimes.. my eyes tend to pop open in the middle of the night so i sit up in the dark, cross my arms and start to think! and i sit there for like hours untill i nodd off again!
I usually think about stuff.. What if this.. and What if that.. and the What ifs go on and on...

Ponderings good.. well it makes sum ppl go tapped sumtimes.. anyway.. i read sumwhere that pondering on Allahs creation for an hour is as if you've been standing up in ibadah all night.

Link on pondering, its by Harun Yahya: [/color][/b]

I used to be an OTT thinker too..three years ago I couldnt concentrate and revise for my A levels cos I'd be thinking way too much. I used to love my own company.

Now, cos my PGCE is really full on and keeps me mentally and physically occupied...driving and before bed is usually the best time for me to think about everything and anything.

Assalamu 'alaykum,

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

"Bliss" wrote:

and are their limits to pondering?

Be a good girl and leave the thinking to men.

We already have enough problems in this world.

Omrow

so i guess that leaves you out of the thinking as well then omrow?

[size=9](im joking btw, please dont take any offence, but that WAS asking for it)[/size]

Back to the topic.. Thinking and pondering is part of what we as Muslims are expected to do - all of the major prophets (alyhum salam) did so eg Yunus (as) pondering in the belly of the whale, Ibrahim (as) pondering over his father's religion or Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) climbing Jabal an-Nur and pondering in cave Hira - they even had jobs geared towards thinking.. there is a hadith that says that there was no prophet who was not a shepherd (sahih al-Bukhari)

Sometimes perhaps with shaytan's whisperings, our thoughts can become mixed up, and this is what can lead us to become depressed with our thinking.. otherwise we arent thinking properly, and maybe work on it so that we think more optimistically?? Change your thought patterns - Allah (swt) doesnt create junk, He creates winners! Smile

I feel that thinking and pondering is only a good thing - it allows us to analyse and correct ourselves and build up our character. Self-critisism (muhassabah) is what makes us become better Muslims and better individuals. We should always strive to better ourselves - didnt Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) say that 'i have been sent to perfect good character' Smile

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

(ahem, i realised that i do not know omrow very well, so cannot joke like that with him - think you would need a particular sense of humour as well - apologies if offence was taken :ss )

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

There is no need to apologise.

You are incapable of offending me.

"Omrow" wrote:

:roll: reli

Have you heard this urdu saying?

jis ka akal hai, oos ko soach hi soauch (soach means thought)
jis ka akal nahi, oos ki mhoj hi mhoj!

live and let live!!!!!!!

"peace4all" wrote:
Have you heard this urdu saying?

jis ka akal hai, oos ko soach hi soauch (soach means thought)
jis ka akal nahi, oos ki mhoj hi mhoj!

(to preserve to real meaning of the proverb, im not translating it literally)

Those whom have wisdom, have thought
Those who lack in wisdom, have problems

I love this proverb though: One man is always alone, but two are equivalent to eleven - my always reminds us of this one :¬)

"Omrow" wrote:

Thats probably because im too nice a person Dirol :ppp

glad to see that you have a good sense of humour..

[b][color=violet]well bliss darlingg,

i cant say much here but..

welll... i have come across people that ponder alot, but that had left them att a point where they nearly crackedd uppp...

but if you ponder in a way that will help you for something then i think that's cool but just dont ponder in a way that will make you ponder even more and get you in a much more hard position lol i blabing on hereee soo i lett you decide what you want to doo....[/color][/b]

...live everyday as your last day...