The Revival Turkey of the Year 2006

salaam

Its that award again when you get to choose who you think has been the biggest enemy of Islam and the Mulims this year?
Who's been the biggest Islamophobe?
Who's done the most damage?
Who has done his best to attack Islam and the Muslims?
Who's let the Muslims down- big time?

Vote now.... by naming your Turkey here or by emailing:

The Turkey of the Year 2006 will be named in the December issue of The Revival

wasalaam

[b]Short List:[/b]

Ian Blair For the Forest Gate shootings.

Jack Straw For stoking the flames of Islamophobia with his ‘request’ that Muslim women should remove their veils before he graces them with his presence.

John Reid For whipping up anti-Muslim sentiment and continuing his witch hunt against the Muslims.

John Ware For the Panorama programme 'Faith, Hate and Charity'.
Melanie Phillips For (amongst others) suggesting that Iran might attack Jerusalem on 22nd August to commemorate Meraj and for writing her book 'Londonistan'.

Monarchs Airlines For removing two passengers for looking Muslim.

Sky News For being a prominent vehicle for anti Muslim propaganda, harboring bias in the every report and every question asked.

The British Government For allowing Minister after minister to attack the Muslim community, from encouraging parents to spy on their children, niqab, jilbab and alleged intolerance of anything non Muslim.

Tony Blair For everything.

Ehud Olmert For his massacre of the Palestinian and Lebanese people.

King Abdullah of Jordan For his submission to the Israelis and abandoning the Palestinians and Lebanese.

King Mohammed VI of Morocco For his 'so called reforms' aimed at removing Islam from the the Moroccan people.

Meles Zenawi (Ethiopia's Prime Minister) For saying that the war on terror is "something of a godsend" and that Ethiopia is at the "epicenter of terrorism" and "a secular island in the sea of Islam."

Bruce Willis For his staunch support of the Iraq War and renlentless barrage of propganda in the guise of 'hollywood movies'.

Condoleezza Rice For trying to change the status quo ante during the Assault on Lebanon.

Daniel Pipes For his anti-Arab, anti-Islam articles and his campaigns and discrimination against Muslims.

George W Bush For the promoting the phrase 'Islamofascist'

Robert Spencer The author of anti-Islamic books such as ‘The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam’, as well as ‘Islam Unveiled: Disturbing Questions About the World's Fastest Growing Faith’. Islam is often vented in hateful websites such as Jihad Watch and Dhimmi Watch.

General Musharraf For declaring proudly that he is the biggest agent of the West in Asia and boasting about the billions received in bounties from the US government for handing over ‘terrorists'

Islam Karimov

John Howard For stating that Muslims migrating to Australia are bringing problems such as jihadist views and conservative attitudes to women not encountered with other immigrant groups.

Sri Lankan Government and Tamil Tigers For targeting the lives of innocent Muslims caught between their bloody conflict.

Ayan Hirsi For trading on a false reputation that she was a victim of Muslim abuse.

French Government For hijab ban

Jose Maria Aznar (Former Spanish PM) For his speech on 22 September 2006 at the Hudson Institute in Washington.

Vladimir Putin For the relentless attack on Chechnya and the demonisation of all Muslims.

and any others....

please vote now!

Too many choices and too many turkey's.....too hard to decide.

I would like to nominate Ariel Sharon. He's a turkey but not yet a cold turkey!

He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition, burns a picture to obtain the ashes!

"mmm" wrote:
He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition, burns a picture to obtain the ashes!

[size=10]I feel I'm gonna move on back down south
you know where the water tastes like cherry wine[/size]

King Abdullah of Jordan For his submission to the Israelis and abandoning the Palestinians and Lebanese.

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

Medicine to the dead, a wise man said.

what is that supposed to mean?

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

If you can't think, Google.

Salam

How can the Israeli Prime Minister Olmert not win this award.

He managed to destroy Lebanon, and still not get back the captured soldiers for which he launched the bloody war.

Being a true trukey, he is now facing calls for resignation from his own public.

Omrow

so many turkies to choose from!!!

sky news! coz they are influencing a lot of people in the wrong way.

live and let live!!!!!!!

Cray 2 The promised land was for you and your 'non-gentiles'.

I said ‘90%’. You replied that you’re trying.

Not until your 100% do you have rights to the Promised Land.

100%, you will only achieve when you accept Isa AS and then Mohammed PBUH.

My conscious is still intact. I won’t forget Sabra and Shatila. So Sharon’s predicament now, is one he deserves and more will come.

mmm,

I don't understand what you mean by that first line. There are plenty of non-Jewish citizens of Israel.

Your 90-100% thing takes a comment out of a humourous context. Never mind your call for me to convert. You convert. :roll:

As for Sabra and Shatila, which relates back to your comment about Sharon, I doubt you remember what happened, and it was not last year. In 1982 Israel, under fire from the north, invaded Southern Lebanon. Sabra and Shatila, Christian refugee camps from the Lebanese civil war, were brutally occupied by the PLO. The PLO also assasinated the Lebanese government. The following week Sharon as Defense Minister gave assistance to the Christian Phelangists to take back the camp. They committed a brutal massacre. In the ensuing outrage Sharon was fired. Subsequently Syrian forces have twice decimated the camps killing more people than the Phelangists ever did. If you do remember it you have a very selective memory. More likely you are at present an out-and-out partisan and it is your regard for human life that is selective.

In any event it occurs to me, from your nastiness, that you do not share my values. So I will not engage further into conversation with someone while they believe bitterness and nastiness are permissible. We would both be speaking from the heart and my goodwill would seem to you as a chink in my armour. Pretty sick stuff.

"The Great 100" wrote:
mmm,

I don't understand what you mean by that first line. There are plenty of non-Jewish citizens of Israel.

Your 90-100% thing takes a comment out of a humourous context. Never mind your call for me to convert. You convert. :roll:

As for Sabra and Shatila, which relates back to your comment about Sharon, I doubt you remember what happened, and it was not last year. In 1982 Israel, under fire from the north, invaded Southern Lebanon. Sabra and Shatila, Christian refugee camps from the Lebanese civil war, were brutally occupied by the PLO. The PLO also assasinated the Lebanese government. The following week Sharon as Defense Minister gave assistance to the Christian Phelangists to take back the camp. They committed a brutal massacre. In the ensuing outrage Sharon was fired. Subsequently Syrian forces have twice decimated the camps killing more people than the Phelangists ever did. If you do remember it you have a very selective memory. More likely you are at present an out-and-out partisan and it is your regard for human life that is selective.

In any event it occurs to me, from your nastiness, that you do not share my values. So I will not engage further into conversation with someone while they believe bitterness and nastiness are permissible. We would both be speaking from the heart and my goodwill would seem to you as a chink in my armour. Pretty sick stuff.

Reminds me of Abu Jahil. I’ve already converted. Biggrin

You doubt my memory?! :shock:

Did I say it was last year?! September 1982. Sad

One mans terrorist and another’s freedom fighter (cliché) :roll:

Not for the feint hearted:

As for my nastiness, I have nothing but love for you. Why do you feel in such a way?
I could say that you are full of bitterness in your twisting of my post into an attack towards you. On the contrary, I apologise if I offended you. Sad

"You" wrote:
My conscious is still intact. I won’t forget Sabra and Shatila. So Sharon’s predicament now, is one he deserves and more will come.

"I" wrote:
I will not engage further into conversation with someone while they believe bitterness and nastiness are permissible.

"You" wrote:
As for my nastiness, I have nothing but love for you. Why do you feel in such a way?
I could say that you are full of bitterness in your twisting of my post into an attack towards you. On the contrary, I apologise if I offended you. Sad

I found your link selective and inaccurate and what I posted gives the real context. That is incidental.

Unless you are particularly twisted I take it you do not understand my other point. Either way, present apology not accepted.

At a glance the Wiki link is a lot more impartial than either of the other two. Either way what I posted was correct. You have ignored my other point and meanwhile I am not interested in additional points you might make.

"The Great 100" wrote:
At a glance the Wiki link is a lot more impartial than either of the other two. Either way what I posted was correct. You have ignored my other point and meanwhile I am not interested in additional points you might make.

Convenient :roll:

The other was by Robert Fisk. Not Mohammed Hussain, nor Kamal Akbar....etc but ROBERT FISK!

Wiki have to be seen as impartial, otherwise they would be laible.

Anyway Sharon for the turkey award!

Would you two characters mind not debating Sabra and Shatila massacre here.

Open a new thread if you are so passionate about it.

This thread of about your views on Turkey.

Characters....... lol Lol That’s hilarious!

Views on Turkey.......... Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol You funny man!

You made my day!

remembr guys the bit that goes "2006"

and it does not have to be a bad guy, or a good guy, but an act that has been one of a turkey this year.

We do not condone or condemn people for their life's actions. Just pick one thing that has been major to YOU this year, and ther person that affected it.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.