Trials and tribulations

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatu,

I'm having a hard time with trials and tribulations. How should one conquer them?

Thanks for your help to post a reply.

Wa Salaam Alaikum,

Abdullah

put ur trust in Allah

don't worry about the future

all bad things will come to an end

tell the mods to unlock the threads

you never actaully sed what u were going thru?

[color=red]"The best of people are those who live longest and excel in their deeds, whereas the worst of people are those who live longest and corrupt their deeds." [Tirmidhî, Sahîh] [/color]

this may sound obvious and/or simplistic, but: never stop seeking help from Allah (s.w.t). i'd say du'a is the way forward when one comes across a trial or tribulation.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"TEX" wrote:
put ur trust in Allah

don't worry about the future

all bad things will come to an end

tell the mods to unlock the threads

you never actaully sed what u were going thru?

Well, it's about praying in the Masjid. My mother forbids me to go there and pray. I don't know how to deal with this.

There are also some other issues, like not shaking hands with non-mahram or lowering my gaze. When I do thing like this, I'm a extremist according to my family. It's like I'm being oppressed.

[URL=http//aa.sunni.nl/][img]http//aa.sunni.nl/logo.gif[/img][/URL]

thats no biggy!

1. pray at home

2. don't bother about clothing, its no biggy, its what is in ur heart that counts

3. there is nothing wrong with shaking a womans hand IMO its not like u is jumping into bed wid her :roll:

bro, lighten up, go easy on the deen,

btw is ur mum a muslim?

[color=red]"The best of people are those who live longest and excel in their deeds, whereas the worst of people are those who live longest and corrupt their deeds." [Tirmidhî, Sahîh] [/color]

[color=indigo][b]Bro you seem to be botherd alot about what your family think but let me tell you something on the day of judgement its going to be you and Allah alone. Allah will question you alone. Not you and your family. Your mother wont even recognize you on DJ. Our purpose in life is to obey Allah and his messenger and we will go to extreme lengths to do that. I dont see how going to mosque makes anyone extreme. Do listen to your mum but when and if she tells you to do something which goes against the teachings of Islam then im afraid you'll have to pur you foot down and tell her straight.
So what if your family thinks your oppressed and what not, end of the day what Allah thinks only matters and nothing else.
Have you sat down with your mum and explained to her why you do what you do, you need to sit down and explain to her with hikma that what i am doing is for the sake of Allah and him alone and that your not doing anything delibertly to upset her.

Keep on making du'A and Allah will make things easy for you and remember Allah tests those who are most dreariest to him.

Salaam.

(TEX watch what you say, that "ugly" man is Shyakh Hamza Yusuf, show some respect and ofcourse you CANNOT touch another woman! jeez)[/b][/color]

It must be irritating to say the same advice again and again. You probably have some better things to do like your show. My apologies.

You're right. I have to take that step to disobey my mother and to obey Allah's commands. I've already tried talking to her, but she doesn't listen to me. she only says: YOU don't have to do this. And then she says that my uncles aren't praying in the Masjid either. so why should I?

Barakallahu Feekum Noor. It's really awesome to hear a sister talk like that who's only a few years older than me.
May Allah bless you with Jannatul Firdaus.
Ameen.

Wa Salaam Alaikum,

Abdullah

"Abdullah Ibn Adam" wrote:
Noor? Are you my guardian angel or something?
It must be irritating to say the same advice again and again. You probably have some better things to do like your show. My apologies.

You're right. I have to take that step to disobey my mother and to obey Allah's commands. I've already tried talking to her, but she doesn't listen to me. she only says: YOU don't have to do this. And then she says that my uncles aren't praying in the Masjid either. so why should I?

Abdullah

That's not a valid comment, your uncles dont go to mosque, why should you! Everyone is going to their own grave and will be answerable to their own deeds. When you 'disobey' your parents in order to obey Allah (swt) that is not disobedience because there is nothing worse than disobeying Allah (swt) to make another person pleased. At the end of the day the deeds we do to please Allah Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) and the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) are the deeds that are going to weigh out be more benefical.

All I can say to you is seek help from Allah (swt) and stay strong.

"Noor...*" wrote:

(TEX watch what you say, that "ugly" man is Shyakh Hamza Yusuf, show some respect and ofcourse you CANNOT touch another woman! jeez)[/b][/color]

i was messin!

since when did a handshake become something sexual??

what if a woman fell down, and i was the only one there, shud i leave her or help her get up?

it wud be rude to just leave her there, like it is rude to not shake hands with sum1 when they hold out there arm

[b]Edit
- The Moderate Mod[/b]

Quote:
since when did a handshake become something sexual??

what if a woman fell down, and i was the only one there, shud i leave her or help her get up?

it wud be rude to just leave her there, like it is rude to not shake hands with sum1 when they hold out there arm

doesn't matter if it's sexual or not, if she isn't a close relative of yours e.g mother, sister etc, then you can't touch her. (according to a book of fiqh that i've read)

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

"zara" wrote:

[b]doesn't matter if it's sexual or not, if she isn't a close relative of yours e.g mother, sister etc,[/b] then you can't touch her. (according to a book of fiqh that i've read)

c'mon zara ofcourse it matters if it is sexual or not

sum1 touching there mother or sis in a sexual way needs help!

there's nowt wrong with a quikc hand shake [size=20]IMO[/size]

[b][color=indigo]Tex thats a total different situation, stop trying to act clever!

Bro theres no such thing as ur uncles dont do this therefore you shudnt do it too blah blah, when you go 6ft under your uncles or mum wont be going down with you. Its going to be you alone in that grave. If your mum tells you to do stuff which contridicts the teachings of Islam then only are you are allowed to go against her wishes.

Keep practicing your faith and don't let anyone put you down or stop you. It is Allah and his messenger whom we are working to please. Keep on trying to explain to your mother that this is what Islam tells us to do and its not you whos making this stuff up. Show her hadiths, quranic ayahs so that she can see for herself that your not making up these comandments and that it is Allah and his beloved Rasul saw and in that case she cannot hold you back as she will see with her own eyes the haq.[/color][/b]

"TEX" wrote:

flirting is against forum rules

Then stop quoting it cause I changed my post. Jazakallahu Khairan.

what i ment was, you can't touch a women unless she's a close relative. fullstop.
(this is for Tex by the way)

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

"Noor...*" wrote:
[b][color=indigo]Tex thats a total different situation, stop trying to act clever!
[/color][/b]

:twisted:

yes i knew wot u meant zara

i was just `acting clever` :twisted:

"Noor...*" wrote:

Bro theres no such thing as ur uncles dont do this therefore you shudnt do it too blah blah, when you go 6ft under your uncles or mum wont be going down with you. Its going to be you alone in that grave. If your mum tells you to do stuff which contridicts the teachings of Islam then only are you are allowed to go against her wishes.

Keep practicing your faith and don't let anyone put you down or stop you. It is Allah and his messenger whom we are working to please. Keep on trying to explain to your mother that this is what Islam tells us to do and its not you whos making this stuff up. Show her hadiths, quranic ayahs so that she can see for herself that your not making up these comandments and that it is Allah and his beloved Rasul saw and in that case she cannot hold you back as she will see with her own eyes the haq.[/color][/b]

Shes right bro.

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

good night everybody!

[color=indigo][b]Tex has some weird ideas buzzing around his head.

Just IGNORE him.[/b][/color]

"Angel" wrote:
That wasn't flirtin....erm you were'nt flirting were you? :shock:

naah. I got some better things to do than flirting. flirting is sooooo not awesome.

judda doesn't know what he's on about. there's a hadith prohibiting the shaking of hands between ghayr mahaarim, it uses very strong language. i would post it up but i don't have the reference for it.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"TEX" wrote:
thats no biggy!

1. pray at home

Jumma (friday) prayers cannot be prayed at home.

"*DUST*" wrote:
judda doesn't know what he's on about.

did u miss the `IMO`?

MB thats only once a week...

"TEX" wrote:
thats no biggy!

1. pray at home

2. don't bother about clothing, its no biggy, its what is in ur heart that counts

3. there is nothing wrong with shaking a womans hand IMO its not like u is jumping into bed wid her :roll:

[b]bro, lighten up, go easy on the deen,[/b]

btw is ur mum a muslim?

That's exactly what my family says.
Relax Azam, don't be such a extremist.

Yes my mother is a Muslima.

btw, if you really meant what you said, then you got a serious problem. go and learn some fiqh from a traditional scholar.

"TEX" wrote:
thats no biggy!

1. pray at home

[b]bro, lighten up, go easy on the deen,[/b]

btw is ur mum a muslim?

That's exactly what my family says.
Relax Azam, don't be such a extremist.

Yes my mother is a Muslima.

btw, if you really meant what you said, then you got a serious problem. go and learn some fiqh from a traditional scholar.

i dnt get u bro hw can u be an extremist when ur doing basic things that every muslim should do e.g go to the mosque especially for jumma prayer

"TEX" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:
judda doesn't know what he's on about.

did u miss the `IMO`?

yes actually. Blum 3 but even so, regardless of your own opinion, when giving islamic advice to others you should look into what the scholars say, based on the Quran and Ahadith.

I'm having a hard time with trials and tribulations. How should one conquer them?

Wa Salaam Alaikum,

Abdullah

Well, I definitely don't recommend a bottle of Vodka and some cheerleaders - that doesn't really get you anywhere other than a hospital bed.

Draw closer to the people you love and who love you, pray to God for strength (and strength alone) and increase your physical workout (if you have one). For any tribulation you need physical and spiritual support, and discipline.

Best of luck.

"Odysseus" wrote:

Wa Salaam Alaikum,

Abdullah

Well, I definitely don't recommend a bottle of Vodka and some cheerleaders - that doesn't really get you anywhere other than a hospital bed.

try telling that to a few of my friends. :!:

"Bliss" wrote:

try telling that to a few of my friends. :!:

I would gladly - it took me 3 years to get my life back on track, if you've got friends heading down that path pull every drastic measure you can think of. Tell their parents, Imams and Teachers, if you see them hanging out with the wrong people pull them away.

It's a hell of a lot easier to just kill it now than it is to go through everything and deal with the recovery and shame afterwards.

"Odysseus" wrote:

[b]Well, I definitely don't recommend a bottle of Vodka and some cheerleaders[/b] - that doesn't really get you anywhere other than a hospital bed.

Draw closer to the people you love and who love you, pray to God for strength (and strength alone) and increase your physical workout (if you have one). For any tribulation you need physical and spiritual support, and discipline.

Best of luck.

[img]

nah good advice there.. especially the physical work out part.. it does help a lot.

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

Most definitely, it is a great way to release aggression and frustration, kill time, build discipline and self respect and (most importantly) get yourself so tired you are too exhausted to do anything stupid.

Pages