Fighting sleep

Does anyone else do this?

I always fight sleep til I can no longer think straight.

Even if I know I need to sleep, I still fight it. However once asleep, I can take my time before I wake up.

Anyone else have similar habits?

I try to sleep but just stare at Annette all night, what is really strange is that watching her sleep is kind of like sleeping myself, it is difficult to describe

[color=indigo][b]Actually the opposite.

I have to force myself to get to sleep sometimes but when im actaully in bed, my eyes don't shut. So i have to force them to shut but they keep opening. So i just get up and make myself tired then go back to bed.

However.. i do sometimes force myself to stay awake when i dont wana go to sleep. Like now.[/b][/color]

Problems sleeping?

Used to have many.

Now? I sleep like a rock!

I have accepted that I’ll die from a heart attack lead on by my indulgences of chocolate gateau/cheesecake after being diagnosed with diabetes!

He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition, burns a picture to obtain the ashes!

Most of the time I have to force myself to go to sleep, so I close my eyes and imagine something pleasant (counting sheeps doesn't work).

I sometimes have to force myself to stay awake, for example today I slept for 2 hours and had a lecture at 9 in the morning.

I make it up during the weekends when I wake up around zuhr time.

I'll sometimes fight falling asleep (usually coz im finishing off some last minute work) till i cant see straight, then i'll rest my eyes for a few hours before i have to get up.

Being Jet lagged is something else... i cant sleep on planes and once ive gotten off (if its a long flight) i'll barely be able to stay awake.

Back in BLACK

[color=magenta]i force myself to go to sleep, il get into bed around 12.00am but i fall asleep around 2.00am, its so terrrible but wht i do is i call my mates n we just end up chatting n it doesnt help when you share a room with a lil sis who snores away n ur trying to gt to sleep. im such a restless person it is so hard to sleep i got too much on my mind n i get excited very easily, n there isnt a point trying to catch up on ur sleep just makes u mre tired[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

Why would you want to fight sleep? Sleep is a blessing…not everyone can fall asleep so easily.

I knock off as soon as my head hits the pillow.

I used to do that at times out of choice and other times out of necessity ie uni work....but now I appreciate the fact that my body needs rest, I was at my sis's house 2day after work and I was feeling tired (was meant to be helpin her with something :roll: ) and my eyes were closing normally I wouldnt sleep but this time I just thought what the heck i need rest and i conked out on her bed!! hehe, so much for helping her out Blum 3

I dunno why, but I always fight it. Even when I know it's best to just sleep. I have this habit of undersleeping for a few days, and then on the fourth or fifth day I will be too tired to resist it. or do anything else.

One other thing is closing my eyes in public. Only time I can do that is when I am so sleepy that I can no longer keep them open. Otherwise I have to keep my eyes open.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Why would u close your eyes in public anyway :?

"Angel" wrote:

He's ashamed of what he sees.

Back in BLACK

I used to be like that, just found it really hard to switch off.

However recently, even before Ramadan began, it's been the opposite. There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day. Right now I think I could sleep for three days.

Inshallah, after Ramadan, I'm going to make more of an effort to make sure I get enough sleep, but I always say that.

"Admin" wrote:
Does anyone else do this?

I always fight sleep til I can no longer think straight.

Even if I know I need to sleep, I still fight it. However once asleep, I can take my time before I wake up.

Anyone else have similar habits?

Sleep.....It's something I miss alot!! I have two kids who wake up way too early......and when they have gone to sleep,,,,my hubby and I like to sit and chat for ages and ages!!! Then I go to bed late and wake up too too early! It's a cycle!

And in ramadan............after iftaari, I hate going back into the kitchen,,,,,coz that seems like a never ending chore!! It makes me more sleepy!

live and let live!!!!!!!

[b][color=indigo]I need to sort my sleeping pattern out. I woke up like at half 1 today and i was late for college so i didn't end up going.
Going to stay awake after sehri from now onwards.[/color][/b]

"Noor...*" wrote:
[b][color=indigo]I need to sort my sleeping pattern out. I woke up like at half 1 today and i was late for college so i didn't end up going.
Going to stay awake after sehri from now onwards.[/color][/b]

good idea.....I do that.........clean up and then I'm ahead of my schedule!! But soooooooooooo sooooooooooooo tired straight after iftaari!

live and let live!!!!!!!

"Angel" wrote:

Well at work we had to do this group excercise. It was based on communication. which meant having your eyes closed for about 40 minutes.

I just put my jacket on my face as I could not keep my eyes closed for longer than 10 seconds.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:

Well at work we had to do this group excercise. It was based on communication. which meant having your eyes closed for about 40 minutes.

I just put my jacket on my face as I could not keep my eyes closed for longer than 10 seconds.

LOL (surely work bores you so much that you want to sleep! U got new job then?)

40 mins for closing eyes is awfully long time however for sleep it's not bad...so what they trying to prove with this exercise?

11 of us in a room. each person given three shapes. and two are held by the trainer guy.

Each shape is available in multiple colours.

You are not allowed to look at the shapes, and by talking to each others you have to figure out which two are missing, and what colour they are.

All you are allowed to do is hold up a shape and ask what colour it is.

and the shapes are not simple either. No other info given. As a team figure it out.

"Admin" wrote:
11 of us in a room. each person given three shapes. and two are held by the trainer guy.

Each shape is available in multiple colours.

You are not allowed to look at the shapes, and by talking to each others you have to figure out which two are missing, and what colour they are.

All you are allowed to do is hold up a shape and ask what colour it is.

and the shapes are not simple either. No other info given. As a team figure it out.

lol, i had a similar exercise at my old work place during training.

Funny thing was were were all blindfolded and once i had described my shape one of the girls (who was also blind folded) got up and said yeah "ive got that one" then walked over while being blind folded.... lol it was hilarious.

Back in BLACK