Spam Accounts

It seems I am deleting an awful lot of spam accounts lately.

and I hate doing work.

I am thinking changes are needed.

Maybe add an introduction forum at the top, and only once a person has posted a number ot times will they be allowed onto the main forum?

good idea or bad?

I think it is a rather pointless idea... as spammers will spam that board first and then the main board still leaving much work for me.

On the other hand I can out up more ibstacles to joining up, but that defeats the purpose of haveing forums in the first place...

bad idea

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

bad idea.

You should delete accounts that have zero posts after like a month from creation..... or any accounts that do not get activated. As i remember when signing up you have to give an email address to which you send an email allowing them to verify the account.
If the account doesnt get verified in lets say 2 weeks the account should automaticlly delete itself.

Although im not sure if thats do-able.

Back in BLACK

can't you get the computer to delete spam itself?

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

someone has to decide wether it is spam or not.

At the top of any chain of decisions there will be a human.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

how cum people give/send spam?

incase i get bored ov ma current account i wud like to create a new account

next time as a girl... and then try and access the girls forum :twisted:

i Pmed Zara da link to the guys forum :twisted: ... but she wouldn't gimmee da link to the girls forum :evil:

[b]EDIT: Does someone want their PM privileges taken away? ------------- Modnster [/b]

[color=red]"The best of people are those who live longest and excel in their deeds, whereas the worst of people are those who live longest and corrupt their deeds." [Tirmidhî, Sahîh] [/color]

LOSER!!!!
i told you that the girls forum is for girls ONLY, and i didn't ask you to give me the link to the guys forum cuz i didn't want it.

The other day when I was online an idiot decided to post some rubbish on a couple of threads, thankfully Admin, it wasn't long before you deleted it. However I was surprised to see that his whole account wasn't deleted? You may have barred the user from making any further posts(?) but I dont think they should have the satisfaction of seeing their account in the memberlist, it just shows that they once succeeded in posting filth.

The introduction forum would only work if only the Mods had access to it. You could make it compulsory that a person post an introduction of themselves, after a Mod had checked it, it could then be added to the Hello New Members thread, and then only would the user be able to post in any of the other threads.

I remember seeing it suggested before somewhere, about say waiting 24 hours after a person has verified their account, before them being allowed to make a post, but although that may deter the spammers, the genuine users may also lose interest.

Deleting accounts with zero posts wouldnt solve the issue, as the're not the ones causing the problem. However if you did decide to, maybe it should be the ones that are a year old.

"Modnster" wrote:

[b]EDIT: Does someone want their PM privileges taken away? ------------- Modnster [/b]

giv it me back! Cray 2

[color=red]"The best of people are those who live longest and excel in their deeds, whereas the worst of people are those who live longest and corrupt their deeds." [Tirmidhî, Sahîh] [/color]

"TEX" wrote:
"Modnster" wrote:

giv it me back! Cray 2

lol have they taken it off you?

Back in BLACK

"TEX" wrote:
"Modnster" wrote:

giv it me back! Cray 2

what did you expect??? you shouldn't have said anything...

tru

i is too honest for mi own good

Mods I DEMAND it back

I am currently in the middle of some very hot debates on PM

and during the climax u bas!*&%$ took it off me again :evil:

i wouldn't call them 'bas!*&%$' if you want your PM back. just a bit of advice.

I is sorry Cray 2

you got it back. for now.

Any other abuses, and do not even try to ask again after that.

(Soo Mods you are free to reacts as you did this time.)

[b]EDIT: Any members having problems with PMs from Judda ("Tex") should come forward and let us deal with him. ------------- Modnster
[/b]

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

u need to switch email activation on.

even then bots sign up and leave urls in their sigs.

theres a few mods over at phpbb that are quite good.

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]