How to be successful in life

[How does one obtain success and prosperity in this world and hereafter? What kind of success or prosperity should the muslim ummah gain in this world?[/b][b][/b]

This depends on everyone’s own definition of “success or prosperity”.

It all depends on how one measure success. Will you consider yourself “successful” once you have a degree? A career? Your own family and kids? Or will you consider yourself successful once you’re actively working for Islam in your local community? Or have made a contribution to society?...or will success finally be gained when you have achieved a peace of mind and a contented heart?

We all have different goals, priorities, wants and needs.

I have certain “success criteria’s” that I imposed on myself years back….I consider myself successful, mainly cos I’m at peace and have everything that I want.

good post MS!

[color=red]"The best of people are those who live longest and excel in their deeds, whereas the worst of people are those who live longest and corrupt their deeds." [Tirmidhî, Sahîh] [/color]

Yeah I agree, good post MS.

I think if every individual thought about their honest intention before every single action, then that individual would be alot more successful in this life and the hereafter, as surely then people would only do or say only to please Allah (swt). As a result the Ummah would no doubt be a lot more stronger and successful. I think far too many people don't think before they act or speak and are ignorant of the affect their words or actions have on the Ummah. We need to be constantly aware that [i]we[/i] represent Islam, when one person succeeds, this aids the success of the Ummah, and when we fail, we hinder the development of our whole Ummah.

"unique soul" wrote:
[How does one obtain success and prosperity in this world and hereafter? What kind of success or prosperity should the muslim ummah gain in this world?[/b][b][/b]

i think personally to obtain success in this world one needs determination and hardwork to be successful and everyones aspiration of success is different , mine is to have a good degree , succesful job, big house , nice car and wife and kids only then will i consider myself successful.

but success in the hereafter, thats a different matter but also requires hardwork and determination , i guess being a good muslim is vital ,namaz , rightiousness, staying away from sin, doing hajj ect.

As a Ummah we need unity , we need to strive to help our brothers and sisters in need, help our community and family and spread the word of true islam and fight agaisnt the evils of this world

but i guess the answer to the question requires success in all 3 categories but more importantly is success in the hereafter, i dont remember the exact saying , but something like

[b]'be like a traveller in the world, when crossing a bridge dont build houses on the way'[/b]

Salam

"unique soul" wrote:

How does one obtain success and prosperity in this world and hereafter?
What kind of success or prosperity should the muslim ummah gain in this world?

Prosperity means wealth - lot of money.

If want to be rich and wealthy, then you have to prepare, work very hard and do not give up.

And for the next world, you can go to Paradise by various means.

There are plenty of roads that are clearly marked.

You can take your pick.

Dringing wine is preferred by some people. For them, its almost Paradise right here.

Just make sure you dont hurt any human being in this life.

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:

There are plenty of roads that are clearly marked.

You can take your pick.

care to elaborate?

and how often do you switch ur path?

:twisted:

[color=red]"The best of people are those who live longest and excel in their deeds, whereas the worst of people are those who live longest and corrupt their deeds." [Tirmidhî, Sahîh] [/color]

Salam

Tex.

I meant to say that there are various means of gaining entry into Heaven.

Some are difficult and some are very easy.

God has promised us that He does not burden a soul beyond what it can easily bear.

For example, you can get into Paradise simply by serving your mum.

Paradise lies under your mother's feet, so said the God's Holy Messenger.

And you can change your path from one to another.

That is something which is for an individual to decide depending on his circumstances.

God has not placed any restrictions on you.

You are free to change your mind at any time and take another route.

Omrow

when it comes to islam u can't pick`n`mix

it comes with the whole packege

i.e. u can't fight for the preservation of islamic history yet ignore the fact that saudi has no religios freedom

if u do that ur nothing but a hypocrit

allah said in the Quran those who pick`n`mix will be in the fire.

w/salam

TEX, a decent post. You've more than surpassed yourself.

Omrow, beautiful man. Hardly needs saying.

[size=10]I feel I'm gonna move on back down south
you know where the water tastes like cherry wine[/size]

"The Great 100" wrote:
TEX, a decent post. You've more than surpassed yourself.

thankyou brother :o

Quote:
Omrow, [b]beautiful[/b] man. Hardly needs saying.

:?

is u a waman?

Omrow is beautiful in the sense of noble and gracious. Perhaps he is also fit. But no, I am not gay or female.

[size=10]I feel I'm gonna move on back down south
you know where the water tastes like cherry wine[/size]

Thanks man. You are too kind.

You're indeed a great soul.