Assalamualaikum!

Assalamualaikum!

:oops:

To be honest, i dont know alot about revival. I just caught a clip of someone being interviewed on channel 4 news today.. The name sounded interesting and plus, i only know of the mainstream magz or famous ones i should say like, emel, Q news etc.

I just have a few questions:

1. Is this magazine free .. because i noticed that after a while, you offer articles for free online?

2. If it isn't free, how do we become distributers?

3. Is the magazine affiliated with any groups (i.e. HT, or other groups?) What kind of values does it promote?

4. Which age group is it targeting? 16- 20? or lower?

5. Also, i'd like to know if i personally, can get involved and perhaps write a small piece for the magazine which may enlighten the readership.. (with ur permission and editing and so on.)

I hope the admin or the revival editor will be able to help me out inshallah Biggrin

Wasalaam!

P.S. I'm new to the forum and i hope i will be able to contribute for the benefit of everyone iA. Blum 3

Oops I started a new topic on it :oops:

To answer your questions:

1. It is free.

2. If you want to distribute, just send an email to , mentioning how man you can distribute, and where (don't forget to mention your address). If you only want a copy delivered to your door, send the email, and leave a contact number and someone will call you. (probably a small charge for personal delivery).

3.The Revival is not affilliated to any groups. We do not promote any type of extremism, and do our best to fight it. We try to reintroduce young Muslims back to Islam in a positive way without patronising them.

4. Targetting 18-25 plus a few on either side depending on mental capacity :twisted:

5. If you wanna write something for us, just write, and send it in. If we like it, we will put it in. Remember not to be too serious.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
Targetting 18-25 plus a few on either side depending on mental capacity :twisted:

I've got cousins as young as 7 reading it as well as my uncles who are around 50 years of age.

My lil cousins enjoy reading it but come up to me and ask me what certain things mean... whereas my uncles tell me that the magazine is too forward for the youth... as in their eyes it covers certain issues which are taboo in our society.

"chm1" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:
Targetting 18-25 plus a few on either side depending on mental capacity :twisted:

I've got cousins as young as 7 reading it as well as my uncles who are around 50 years of age.

My lil cousins enjoy reading it but come up to me and ask me what certain things mean... whereas my uncles tell me that the magazine is too forward for the youth... as in their eyes it covers certain issues which are taboo in our society.

salaam

yep , the revival, love it or loathe it:-)
its not really for elders but they are more than welcome....
theres nothing taboo in Islam, EVERYTHING concerning Muslims is worth talking about.
We're trying to do our bit for the Muslim youth out there inshallah

wasalaam

"Admin" wrote:
Oops I started a new topic on it :oops:

To answer your questions:

1. It is free.

2. If you want to distribute, just send an email to , mentioning how man you can distribute, and where (don't forget to mention your address). If you only want a copy delivered to your door, send the email, and leave a contact number and someone will call you. (probably a small charge for personal delivery).

3.The Revival is not affilliated to any groups. We do not promote any type of extremism, and do our best to fight it. We try to reintroduce young Muslims back to Islam in a positive way without patronising them.

4. Targetting 18-25 plus a few on either side depending on mental capacity :twisted:

5. If you wanna write something for us, just write, and send it in. If we like it, we will put it in. Remember not to be too serious.

salaam

I think Admin has covered almost everything there. Anyone capable is more than welcome to join The Revival team. Just send me an email to : if you wanna get involved. We need people who can write good articles, proof readers, even good graphic designers, and definitely some distributors.

Age range of revival really is from 15ish upto 28-30 ish...but the main group is 16-25. But really anyone who can read English and can relate to the issues we are talking about will get something out of the magazine, inshallah.

So, people...come forward...you are more than welcome.

wasalaam

"chm1" wrote:

LOL!

my sis got a lecture for being part of a "rude mag"-she was so embarrased

Mr Ed-I heard this issue is rude :shock:

and some people have told her to "renew her shahadah"

thats Mr Ed for you-

apparently the guy loves controversy

salaam

wattt!!!!!

revival is rude????

in what sense????

lolllllllllllllll

Biggrin

what can i say?

we have a decent, mature, educated young editorial team....so i dont think we would do something like that.... yes we have discusssed boy/girlfriend etc..but thats not rude thats reality, and we shouldnt hide from it!

wasalaam

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"chm1" wrote:

LOL!

my sis got a lecture for being part of a "rude mag"-she was so embarrased

Mr Ed-I heard this issue is rude :shock:

and some people have told her to "renew her shahadah"

thats Mr Ed for you-

apparently the guy loves controversy

I've read that cover to cover... i dont see anything wrong with it?

Just people jumpn to the wrong conclusion... as usual :roll:

Back in BLACK

yeh i didnt see where they were coming from either

I've heard some "blasphemy" comments too

I'll keep u guys updated

So what did people find rude/taboo/blasphemous?

I would prefer it if we knew. Its always good for a laugh. (Like last issue when some people found the comic offensive to women:?)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:

I would prefer it if we knew. Its always good for a laugh. (Like last issue when some people found the comic offensive to women:?)

LOL,

I find it funny how people find lil things like that offensive but "convienantly" forget about the other 100 things mentioned in there that they dont do.

Back in BLACK

"Admin" wrote:

that was funny and very stupid, how sum1 found that offensive is still beyond me!

While we're on the topic, what did every1 think of the latest one?

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:
While we're on the topic, what did every1 think of the latest one?

it was funny, it evened out the fact that b4 it was makin fun of gals and this time that boy...