Interesting hadeeth

Ya’qūb said, my father told us from Ibn Is’hāq, who said Yahyā ibn ‘Urwah ibn az-Zubayr told me from his father from ‘Abdullāh ibn ‘Amr al-‘Ās, who said:

I said to him, “What is the worst act of enmity that the Quraysh had done against the Messenger of Allāh?” He replied, “I went to Al-Hijr one day, and their dignitaries were there talking about the Messenger of Allāh…

So they said, “We never tolerated a man like the way we did Muhammad… He has mocked our elders, cursed our forefathers, criticized our religion, divided our community, and attacked our gods! We indeed have been very patient with him regarding a grave matter.”

While they were at that state, the Messenger of Allāh (salutations and blessings be upon him) came walking to Ar-Rukn. Then he went around the Ka’bah (making Tawāf three times). When he passed by them, they started to mock him by repeating some of his (own) sayings. I looked at the Prophet and could see the anger in his face. And when he passed by them the second time, they mocked him again, and I saw the anger in his face (once more)- then he walked (away). Then when he passed by them for the third time and they had mocked him again – [b]the Prophet (salutations and blessings be upon him) replied:

تسمعون يا معشر ‏ ‏قريش ‏ ‏أما والذي نفس ‏ ‏محمد ‏ ‏بيده ‏ ‏لقد جئتكم بالذبح

“O people of Quraysh! Hear this: By Him in Whose Hand is the soul of Muhammad- I have come to you, to slaughter you.”[/b]

His words struck them so severely, that there wasn’t any man from amongst them, except it was as if there was a bird falling upon his head (i.e. they were shocked, terrorized, and dumbfounded) – such that even the one who was the most wickedly harsh against the Prophet before this, was saying the most kind and tender words he could think of; such that even one of them said, “O Abul-Qāsim (Muhammad): Go! Go, O righteous one! Indeed, By Allāh, you are not ignorant!” So the Messenger of Allāh left.

The next day, they gathered together to meet at Al-Hijr and I was with them. They asked each other, “Do you remember what he said to you, and what you said to him? To such a degree, that he manifested to you that which you hate, yet you let him go!” So when they were in this state, the Messenger showed up again. [b]So they all immediately surrounded him, and interrogated, “Are you the one who is mocking our gods and our religion?” The Prophet replied, “Yes. I am the one who says these things.”[/b]
I saw one of them (beginning to) pull the garment of the Prophet, but Abū Bakr jumped and stood between them and him. While crying, Abū Bakr said,

‏أتقتلون رجلا أن يقول ‏ ‏ربي الله

“Would you kill a man because he says: My Lord is Allāh” ? [Ghāfir: 28]

Upon that, they left him. This was the worst thing I saw from the Quraysh against the Prophet (salutations and blessings be upon him).

- - - End of Hadīth.

Narrated by Imām Ahmad ibn Hanbal رحمه الله in his Musnad (11/203, # 7036). Imām Ahmad Shākir رحمه الله declared its chain to be authentic, and said, “Isnāduhu Sahīh.” He also mentioned that it is narrated by Ibn Hajar al-Haythamī in Mujma’ Az-Zawā’id (6/15-16), and was pointed to by Ibn Hajar al-‘Asqalānī in Al-Fat’h (7/128), and Ibn Kathīr mentioned that it was narrated by al-Bayhaqī in At-Tārīkh (3/46).

Comments?

It's a long hadith.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

our
beloved prophet took in so much from
the disabelivers in order for teh deen of islam teh true religion to spread in order that it could reach everyone.

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

I'd like for the big Minhaj brigade to comment. Why are they so silent?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Minhaj Brigade? sounds positively millitant.

Befoer they get their words in, is there anything in particular you want them to comment on? It's a hadith. I see no issue with anything. And since you have not made a point with the hadith, there is really nothing to discuss.

Maybe the semantics of translation or something or the books or something, but I take it you are tryiong to be smart and subtle on some topic you wish to discuss.

Only problem is you are being too subtle.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I do not understand the hadith.

I am also not in a position to try to understand long hadiths pasted on internet forums.

If you want a Minhaji opinion then, Minhaj Scholars would be in a better position to shed some light on the background, context, meaning and their opinion on the hadith.

Feel free to contact them.

"Medarris" wrote:
I'd like for the big Minhaj brigade to comment. Why are they so silent?

..and what would u like us to comment on exactly?
Whats there to be silent about?
Its a hadeeth which i dont clearly understand its true inner meaning, so i couldnt possibly try to interpret it as ther cud be a million differnt ways.

Med i dnt understand ur game at all, what msg are u trying to get at? and why just teh Minhajis? Hadeeths wernt just for the minhajians, but for the ummah.
If u want to know what the Minhaj scholars think about the hadeeth, why dont u go and ask them, instead of asking us?

So - I should write to TuQ et al.?

InshaALLAH will do so.

I was just wondering if the Minhaji lot had anything to say - specially seeing as normally they are the ones who come out with ahadeeth and give their own opinions.

Tbh quite surprised that some have opted to follow what i normally do in regards to ahadeeth - viz keep my mouth shut and say its not in me to offer an opinion.

Lol.

Khayr - if ne1 else wants to give what their minhaj teaches about this hadeeth I will be more than interested to find out. Particularly about the words in bold. . .

[size=9](btw [b]Noor[/b] - interesting avatar.)[/size]

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medarris" wrote:

[size=9](btw [b]Noor[/b] - interesting avatar.)[/size]

Meaning what exactly?

Med once again get off your darn high horse. You see you can only have a discussion when a point is being discussed.

But just lobbing in a hadith as if it's a grenade is not only disrespectful but also arrogant of you.

If you have a something to discuss, do so. No need to hide like a coward. And when others quote ahadith, they are in support of their arguments. Not just quote one any discussion going on. No idea what topic to discuss.

And before you decide to lie about just wanting to post a hadith, you could have posted this in the topic about 'post your favourite ahadith' or something.

You are starting to get on my nerves.

"Medarris" wrote:

I was just wondering if the Minhaji lot had anything to say - specially seeing as normally they are the ones who come out with ahadeeth and give their own opinions.

the MQ lot have a teacher they follow

so once again keep ur crap regarding "own opinions" to urself

if MQ wanted hadith lessons from a hypocritical caveman-i'm sure they'll ask

"Medarris" wrote:
So - I should write to TuQ et al.?

InshaALLAH will do so.

Tbh quite surprised that some have opted to follow what i normally do in regards to ahadeeth - viz keep my mouth shut and say its not in me to offer an opinion.

You and keep your mouth shut? That would be the day. As it has been pointed out before what exactly is your point of posting the hadith?

Also when we comment on Ahadith we take it from our Shaykh (oh but then again you wouldn't know about that since you don't even have the guts to mention your Shaykh, surely you're not embarassed?)

In re. to Noor's avatar, what exactly is annoying you, wait a min let me answer that, of course pics are "haram" alongwith these smileys which you happen to use even fully well knowing one of your scholar has put a fatwa against it :roll:

Silly boy - You need to get a life and leave this pathetic mentality of "I am right and everyone else is going to hell", you must be blessed with the knowledge of unseen :roll:

Admin can't you ban this loser? I thought he was going to lay off this hatred for Minhaj well at least apparently, I don't care what he says in his own time as Allah (swt) is watching him but what he says in front of me about my organisation ticks me off. (although he hasn't said much directly, he's trying to stir things up) I think he should be given a proper goodbye forever esp. in light of his pathetic remarks on various other threads.

"Angel" wrote:

Admin can't you ban this loser? I thought he was going to lay off this hatred for Minhaj well at least apparently, I don't care what he says in his own time as Allah (swt) is watching him but what he says in front of me about my organisation ticks me off. (although he hasn't said much directly, he's trying to stir things up) I think he should be given a proper goodbye forever esp. in light of his pathetic remarks on various other threads.

I'm totally wid Angel on this one, plz ban him and get him outtoff here. Wer sik to death of his hatred for other Muslims and insults to different organizations and his indirect insults esp to Minhaj, he dusnt even have the guts to go up the MQ scholars and dare to question them. Coward.

GET MED OUT!

Unfortunately he has to be brave enough to actually say what he means before I can take action.

However he is following the Path his mate Abdul Salaam Behaarvi followed before calling us all mushrik and announcing his departure, so I expect him to be gone soon of his own free will.

what just like the way the zionist left? its funny how you guys tolerate insults on Islam and our prophet pbuh, and accepted as an 'alternative view'.

but when it comes to someone asking for commentary from a particular sect of Islam on here. its an all out offenive.., the irony is, its just the kind of act commited by the disbelievers in that hadith (altho I can't accept it as legit without looking it up myself, as with hadiths posted by all members wether their minhaji, tablighi, HT.. it wern't that difficult to understand..)

yeh his words are harsh like 'brigade', nothing compared to the harsh words said to him.

i know me and med are probably the most hated on here, but its nothing personal, just my opinions,.. so dont take it to heart.

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

"Admin" wrote:
Unfortunately he has to be brave enough to actually say what he means before I can take action.

You mean hes not MAN ENOUGH to say what he wants to really say.
He doesnt have the guts.

"khan" wrote:
yeh his words are harsh like 'brigade', nothing compared to the harsh words said to him.

LOL

Like hell!

Have u seen the indirect insults, name calling hes done? have you read all of his posts?
Insulting groups, organizations, scholars!? Wheres the adab in that? Yeah sum may have insulted him, but him alone. We dont all go insulting the wider ummah.

"khan" wrote:

i know me and med are probably the most hated on here, but its nothing personal, just my opinions,.. so dont take it to heart.

Well why do u think that is?
No1 is disliked without a good reason, if sum1 is throwing insults one after another, do you expect us to welcum them wid open arms?

"khan" wrote:
what just like the way the zionist left? its funny how you guys tolerate insults on Islam and our prophet pbuh, and accepted as an 'alternative view'..

Khan, when judda insulted Prophet (saw), I wanted him banned, I didn't like his words etc. So no it's not personal attack on med.

"khan" wrote:
but when it comes to someone asking for commentary from a particular sect of Islam on here. its an all out offenive.., the irony is, its just the kind of act commited by the disbelievers in that hadith (altho I can't accept it as legit without looking it up myself, as with hadiths posted by all members wether their minhaji, tablighi, HT.. it wern't that difficult to understand..).

You find that ironic? When someone wants a view of another person then a person asks nicely but later on when no one answered to his Q he went on to stir things up by saying "oh i would expect the minhaj brigade to answer" how bloody lame and childish is that. I know med very well from his views in the past/present, he has no respect for my Shaykh or MQI so when he does ask our views then you can tell he's just looking to start up an argument. I for one say it openly I can't stand the likes of med because he insults my Shaykh, he calls other scholars mushriks, he basically thinks everyone apart from the ppl who have the same beliefs as him are hell bound. I am sorry but he has no authority to call anyone a kafir!

"khan" wrote:

I don't hate u, never have and never had any reason to. You have you're own opinion but as for med he likes shoving it down other's throats and I for one don't care for his views. He talks with emotion and no logic at all, I don't know why he comes to preach on this forum. I don't speak for everyone but what my Shaykh says is what I take to not listening to the likes of med who don't IMO have a bloody clue what he is talkin about.

Like I said - I want to know what the Minhaj Brigade say regarding this hadeeth.

I want to see what sharah they come out with for it.

Som1 mentioned abt me and ilmul ghayb?

lol - nice one.

See we muslims believe ALLAH alone is Alimul Ghayb - the mushriks attribute this quality to all and sundry.

And get me out? loool.

I dont hang around this place as much as I used to - just when Im feeling down come for a quick laff and you guys manage it EVERY time - mashaALLAH. well done!!

Noor- interesting avatar means interesting avatar. Look the words up in dictionary if u dnt knw what they mean.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medarris" wrote:
Noor- interesting avatar means interesting avatar. Look the words up in dictionary if u dnt knw what they mean.

Is that meant to be funny? Cz i dont see any1 laughing.

Why dont you get lost to some cave in the mountains to where you belong and then you can share your so called islamic veiws with the rest of the "ulemas"

May Allah give you guidence!

"Medarris" wrote:
See we muslims believe ALLAH alone is Alimul Ghayb - the mushriks attribute this quality to all and sundry.

It all depends on the definition.

You see, I believe that Allah (swt) has the power to give knowledge to whomsoever he wishes howsoever he wishes. If it is not through a physical learning process, or if it's on a subject that cannot be physically proven, I call that ilm ul ghayb. So do many others.

You just get off on calling Muslims mushrik. You may laugh at that but when you burn in hell for your sins (huqooqul Ibad - You have to gain forgiveness from the actual people you wronged and tainted).

You see the diference is that Allah (swt)'s knowledge is his own. Anyone elses is one which has been supplied by Allah (swt).

The question is not wether A person can have ilm ul Ghayb, but wether youy believe Allah (swt) is all powerful. You see to be denying that.

So do you believe Allah (swt) is all powerful? Or do you believe he cannot give knowledge to others, unless it is by a physically quantifiable learning method?

For the record, I believe Allah (swt is all powerful). Now your turn.

"Medarris" wrote:
And get me out? loool.

If you are kicked out, it will be of your own making.

You are following what Your 'friend' Abdus Salaam Behaarvi did before 'retiring'. Start a few topics claiming to be innocent. then call everyone mkushrik, and annouce he is leaving. I would assume you have two weeks left on your timetable, where youy want to leave by ramadan.

You have already called us all mushrik numerous times. You have used offensive language to talk about a member.

I should have already banned you. Let's see what I do.

I just want to know wether you believe Allah (swt) is all powerful before I take any actions.

"Medarris" wrote:
“O people of Quraysh! Hear this: By Him in Whose Hand is the soul of Muhammad- I have come to you, to slaughter you.”

Comments?

Prophet of God never uttered such words.

Tradition is fishy.

It contradicts so many other reports.

What is you evidence?

Do you believe Prophet was sent to slaughter the people, or to guide them?