Changes to the site **MUST READ**

Salaam

I have made a number of small changes to the site.

If you notice any errors, note them down in this topic.

The reason for the changes is that I am now adding infrastructure to allow us to have ads on the site (to make me filthy rich. Fiiilthy riiiich!!!!! ahem... :oops:), and the space I had allowed was slightly too small. (well it was right, but I decided the ads did not look good there...)

So If there are any errors, just point them out.

Apart from that point out where you would like the ads to go (and where you would NOT like them to be.)

On the [url= Page[/url], I have put a grey bar (with the size written in it) for where I would like an ad to be. I think that would be enough. But is that location too 'in your face'? Anywhere else that would be better?

Should we have one large ad, or a number of ads varying in sizes? (we could easily have ads between items like MPAC used to have (eeurgh! no! too much.. cannot... resist.....must....fight....), and also a tower ad under the affiliate(s).

Any other comments? questions? fire away.

(I know it's not a must readm, but I guess that is the only way I will get responses... :twisted: )

F4nzo, can you please comment on the new look of the site please.

I believe I have done 2 changes of template since you last posted, so I need to know what you honestly think.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Admin you're so sly, I thought it was something important....

I think the RED bar(?) on the test page is a good place for an advert, and the size allocated is enough. It is a bit in your face, but most websites have an advert in that space. That is enough, but if it means more funding, then a tower ad is a good idea under the Affiliates and Choice Technology bit, especially as there isnt anything else in that space atm.

I dont like the tone of the green used on the front page, but I know you do, and I've got used to it now. Maybe you could use a similar tone of 2 other colours so each bit is a different colour. (The less of that green, the better!)

Now can I ask you to please add me to the girls only forum?

"Imaani" wrote:

Done.

Now just to let everyone know, we also do ahve a guys only forum which we mainly use just to get the girls jealous or something. SO if any guy wants to join, PM sirus.

Quote:
I think the RED bar(?) on the test page is a good place for an advert, and the size allocated is enough

The bar with the latest issues of the magazine in it (or the one with images linking to diferent sections?)? (that was supposed to be orange! not exactly the way it turned out...)

With adverts I am still experimenting. I am not gonna decide how many. Leave that to the sales and marketing lot. I just need to let them know what I will allow, and I thought it would be best if I asked just to make sure it was not too much.

PS the same adverts will also be on the forums, and I personally do not like invasive advertising myself. So I want to keep it simple. The big ad bar which I suggested can go at the top of the forums. The second ad bar which you suggested can go at the bottom of the forums...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
"Imaani" wrote:

Done.

Thank you.

......I'm on about that massive red bit at the top of the page! The bit that says Test Advert when you hover over it.

The bits that are [i]orange[/i] I like, dont replace them with adverts.

I didnt even know I suggested a second ad bar?!

"Imaani" wrote:

......I'm on about that massive red bit at the top of the page! The bit that says Test Advert when you hover over it.

Erm... the GREY bar with 728x90 wtitten on it?

Quote:
The bits that are [i]orange[/i] I like, dont replace them with adverts.

I didnt even know I suggested a second ad bar?!

That was just a misunderstanding

ok, just made a few more small changes that should fix very small things. (in one place I had not taken into account 2 pixels... and a few other small things).

The comments on articles should look better now aswell.

Sorry to sound stupid, but where is the grey bar with the size written in it?....I've spent ages looking for it but still can't find it. Or is it the 1cm gap between the headings at the top and the articles below it?

Having one large ad is a no-no, having smaller ad's will mean you can advertise more companies/organisations and this means MORE MONEY!!!...and it also means we're less likely to notice it :twisted:

And, erm....where does it say 'Test advert' as Imaani has mentioned....is this a browser problem (I've got IE 6.0)

Having adverts below where it says affiliates and choice technology would be good, as I hardly scroll down Blum 3

Scroll up and in admins post it says test page.

ROFL!!!

Muslim Bro when you find it let me know too!

"*_Noor_*" wrote:

I'm not blind you know :roll: .....I was talking about it when I go into the test page!

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
"*_Noor_*" wrote:

I'm not blind you know :roll: .....I was talking about it when I go into the test page!

try pressing ctrl f5 on the test page. See if that allows you to see it.

"Admin" wrote:
try pressing ctrl f5 on the test page. See if that allows you to see it.

Still no luck.

I'm starting to like it now that the blank bits are gone however I have a problem with the fact that you have to use the scroll button to get to see the right side fully, at first glance without scrolling a wee bit of the right side is chopped up, cant you squeeze it up a little? (if someone has mentioned this before, tough, i didn't read the previous posts)

Overall I am starting to like it :shock:

"Admin" wrote:
"Imaani" wrote:

Erm... the GREY bar with 728x90 wtitten on it?

I see that as well so no loner we aint blind.

"Admin" wrote:
Are you lot blind or something?

Ok, I've seen it now. And I think that's not a good idea coz I can see it. Can't you move it somewhere at the bottom or the sides :twisted:

That's not coming up when I'm viewing the test page!...talking about the grey box and the size written in it.

"Admin" wrote:
F4nzo, can you please comment on the new look of the site please.

I believe I have done 2 changes of template since you last posted, so I need to know what you honestly think.

umm really didnt notice anything but it use to look betta honestly but wat your thinking of doing i think you should put dem on the side of the web so dat it doesnt get in da way

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Thanx for the massive arrow Admin....

That bit is bright red on the test page that comes up on my computer with no size written on it. Pressing ctrl and F5 doesnt change it.

dont mind admin he just does dat because hes got nuffin betta 2 do jkes admins kl man betta be quite he my ban me

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Admin

I see you have mozilla, is that any good?

Anyways, I've got internet explorer, I think that may be the reason it's not coming up.

It comes up in internet explorer on my pc...

DO any of you two have some sort of internet filtering software? If you do, then cool. If not I willneed to investigate why not everyone can see it.

Browser wise, anything is better that internet explorer.

I would rank Firefox as number 1 browser.

Number 2 is Opera Browser. (It is faster than firefox, but it's default interface is really poor. It's number 2 becasue you will need to customise it til you are happy.)

Number 3 are the smaller ones such as K-meleon.

Last is Internet explorer. In my eyes it should be avoided at all costs.

"Admin" wrote:
It comes up in internet explorer on my pc...

DO any of you two have some sort of internet filtering software? If you do, then cool. If not I willneed to investigate why not everyone can see it.

Browser wise, anything is better that internet explorer.

I would rank Firefox as number 1 browser.

Number 2 is Opera Browser. (It is faster than firefox, but it's default interface is really poor. It's number 2 becasue you will need to customise it til you are happy.)

Number 3 are the smaller ones such as K-meleon.

Last is Internet explorer. In my eyes it should be avoided at all costs.

Admin Admin Admin firefoz is da worst excuse of an web explorer dere can be since apples last try only simple minded peole would use it

P.S bill gates is not telling me to say this nor does microsoft have any say in this

"Admin" wrote:
DO any of you two have some sort of internet filtering software?

Thanks admin MWAH! :oops: Lol .The 'filtering' word you used was enough to trigger something in my brain.

I just checked out my norton internet security software. I just noticed that the 'ad blocking' option was switched ON. So I tried switching it off and refreshing the page and wallah! It worked, it's come up just like your screenshot.

I switched the ad blocking option to on because norton software say's "Ad Blocking removes annoying, slow-loading ads from Web pages".

Admin I have changed my mind now, you can have loads of big ads on the home page. It won't bother me coz I got the ad blocking option :twisted:

And internet explorer is so insecure that you do not have to use to get your pc hacked through it.

If you use it it can format your harddrive with even asking you. It is so insecure if you do online banking it's exactly the same as handing the details over yourself.

and that is not even talking about its standards support. It can only handle about 51% of the css standard.

and ask any webdeveloper about which is better. It takes 10% of my time to develop the site, and then 90% of the time to make it look presentable in Internet explorer.

Internet explorer is so hacked together it is unfunny. A serious casue of headache to millions.

And no, I am not defending Firefox. Some people like it. Others do not. But IE? It's just a pain.

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
Admin I have changed my mind now, you can have loads of big ads on the home page. It won't bother me coz I got the ad blocking option :twisted:

I can get around it easily if I want to.

But I think you suffer enough as it is. What, with actually using Norton.

/Shudders

But good to know it is not something on my side. I aani I expect something similar on your PC, where all ads are replaces with red bars?

"Admin" wrote:
And internet explorer is so insecure that you do not have to use to get your pc hacked through it.

If you use it it can format your harddrive with even asking you. It is so insecure if you do online banking it's exactly the same as handing the details over yourself.

and that is not even talking about its standards support. It can only handle about 51% of the css standard.

and ask any webdeveloper about which is better. It takes 10% of my time to develop the site, and then 90% of the time to make it look presentable in Internet explorer.

Internet explorer is so hacked together it is unfunny. A serious casue of headache to millions.

And no, I am not defending Firefox. Some people like it. Others do not. But IE? It's just a pain.

Bull snot u know internet explorer does nothing all u need is a good anti virus program like muslim bro he know u can have da dogeist internet explorer if u have good anti virus u can trak down da guys da are tryin2 hack u and send it str8 bak 2 dem in a flash

Admin why is some of the stuff on the homepage (not testpage) coming up like this, I was just reading "What role does islam play in your life"?

My parents are not happy with the extent of my involvement in Islam (coz [b]I&apos[/b];m never at home!), so its not unusual for me to attend Islamic programmes and tell my parents[b] I'm[/b] in a lecture in Uni nor is it unusual for me to sneak out of the house and sit in a late night Zikr when dad is out of the country.

Also can u change my age from 25 to 21, I know it shouldn't make a difference but it does to me!

Just checked. It works in Firefox, but not Internet explorer.

It seems Internet explorer does not read the full set of Unicode (UTF-8).

I will need to change some things to fix it in there. Grrr!

give me a minute.

EDIT - Fixed. Just reload the page.

And F4nzo, it's not as simple as that. It's not all virii. There are worms, and just plain holes in Internet Explorer. Even if it were not for that It does nto have tabbed browsing. Nor does it display pages the way they should be displayed. (Not even Internet Explorer 7 RC1 - which will soon become internet explorer 7.)

da new 1 has tabbed browsers and its an option
bet u cant take it off mozilla

Pages