Kiss Me Baby!

Hi

I dont like public displays of affection especially kissing. I can barely stand people walking around holding hands but kissing is where i draw the line.

There seemed to be quite a few people doing this the other day must be the warm weather tends to affect people strangely.

I dunno... maybe im being a prune but is even holding hands allowed in Islam?
Kissing in public is definately a 'no no' and tends to be something reserved for the married couples in the sanctity of their own homes. What people do in their own homes is their business but please keep it at home.

I dunno ... what do you guys think? Yeh or Nay?

Should we be all for Public Affection or Public Disinfection?

[color=magenta]i kinda of agree i remember i ws walkin down the market wiv my sis, n i saw two gay geezers kissing n it was a full on one at it, i dont mind kissing of the cheeks between friends etc but when u see a scene like that then i dont knw,im not the affectionate sort neways i cant handle the sight i only just began "hugging"well sort of wiv my friends,i dont like the public displayig of it,its worse on the trains specially when u dont no which way to look on a crowded one,im wiv on this one bro[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"Seraphim" wrote:
Fool ofcourse it is!

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:
Fool ofcourse it is!

lol im a guy ...i dunno... i dont go around hugging anyone.

OMG i forgot Exquisite; its even worse when its two gay guys..... ew. :shock: makes me wanna wash out my mouth with soap and eat loads and loads of chewing gum.

Back in BLACK

[color=magenta]ha ha it was so disgusting but you knw when u walk down whitechapel market you see all sorts, but i hate it,it so gross they shud do it in private there are too many innocent ppl like me around[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]ha ha it was so disgusting but you knw when u walk down whitechapel market you see all sorts, but i hate it,it so gross they shud do it in private there are too many innocent ppl like me around[/color]

It’s only sweet when mother and fathers are kissing their babies everything else is vulgar......

"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"Exquisite" wrote:

It’s only sweet when mother and fathers are kissing their babies everything else is vulgar......

here here.

Back in BLACK

It's a free country.

As long as no one bothers me, I don't give a rats behind to what they do.

And I hate the judgemental attitude alot of people carry. 'It's my way or the highway.'

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

[color=magenta]so r u saying it would be ok for ppl to walk around naked so long as they dont bother u?i knw its not the same as kissing etc [/color]

"Exquisite" wrote:
so r u saying it would be ok for ppl to walk around naked so long as they dont bother u?

Yes.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

[color=magenta]ok your one brave person personally i cant handle to sight im gna stik to staring at the ground and walking[/color]

I don't really see what it's got to do with me. it's their choice. As long as the law allows it who am I to throw a strop?

[color=magenta]obviously its their choice the law allows drinking alcohol for over 18's doesnt mean im gna agree wiv it, this aspect of the law goes against islam so im not gna like it,yes its their choice but doesnt mean im gna be happy bout it[/color]

"Seraphim" wrote:

Yes it is. I think society also plays a role in this. If you're holding hands here in the UK it's normal but if you hold hands back home, people stare at you and start making a big fuss about it.

"Seraphim" wrote:
i dont go around hugging anyone.

Not even at Eid?

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]obviously its their choice the law allows drinking alcohol for over 18's doesnt mean im gna agree wiv it, this aspect of the law goes against islam so im not gna like it,yes its their choice but doesnt mean im gna be happy bout it[/color]

And It also means you are not gonna have a go at someone you do not know for drinking. It's their choice. You can tell them the Islamic view, your own view etc, but you cannot do anything else.

"Muslim Bro" wrote:

Yes it is. I think society also plays a role in this. If you're holding hands here in the UK it's normal but if you hold hands back home, people stare at you and start making a big fuss about it.

Yeh and start to think there is some chuker going on between the two! :roll:

How predictable!!

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

"Admin" wrote:
It's a free country.

As long as no one bothers me, I don't give a rats behind to what they do.

And I hate the judgemental attitude alot of people carry. 'It's my way or the highway.'

It's free to break Allah law’s and not man made law's

yup.

Besides not everyone in the UK is muslim. We are a minority.

We are not gonna gain favour from anyone by comning voer all judgemental, and making people play by our rules. They will resent it.

I agree with Admin live and let live

nothing wrong with couples holding hands, and guess what it's totally acceptable in our religion, supposing you're married that is. Although as always there are some scholars who seem to think we shouldn't even hold hands in case it's seen as immitating non muslims. Which is strange really because holding hands isn't just a western tradition :?

By kissing if you mean just a peck on the cheek like arab or italian tradition nothing wrong with it. Don't brothers kiss and hug when they meet as sisters do? I've seen muslim men doing this when they greet nowt wrong with it. I don't see what's wrong with a husband and wife greeting each other in this manner either, nothing immodest about it.

It tends to be asian culture that makes it "taboo", like greeting each other in this fashion is "sinful" or something. Asians aren't big on showing affection, and they bring up their kids with the same attitudes that's why they turn out to be prudish like a certain member here lol. But there's no need to feel like a freak i've been bought up the same way, so i find it difficult to show affection aswell even if it's just a hug.

As for any other type of kissing well that's only permissible between married couples in private. However that's the muslim perspective and as Admin rightly mentioned we don't live in a "muslim country" so we have to accept that public kissing is quite "normal" for non muslims, it's not immodest in their eyes. All we can do is avert our eyes nothing else to be done.

"Admin" wrote:
yup.

Besides not everyone in the UK is muslim. We are a minority.

We are not gonna gain favour from anyone by comning voer all judgemental, and making people play by our rules. They will resent it.

You've missed the point about Allah law's, due to me making ambiguous statement.

Who is being judgmental? Just a little decency , if they decided to go back into the bedroom then I would be the first to open and close the door for them.

This kind of relaxed attitude, which has paved they way for idiots to put up filth in phone boxes, particular in Westminster and the city.

"yashmaki" wrote:
Don't brothers kiss and hug when they meet as sisters do?

I've seen arabs kissing but I certainly don't do it....and don't intend to. I shake hands which is sunna, and hug (only in eid and with certain cousins).

"Admin" wrote:
I don't really see what it's got to do with me. it's their choice. As long as the law allows it who am I to throw a strop?

Would you not even throw a 'strop' if you came across some offensive billboard displaying partial nudity ?

I agree with Yash, the Asian Community is way too uptight when it comes to PDA.

Having said that IMO, anything more then a kiss on the cheek, a hug or holding hands in public is not on..

It's true that we do not live in a Muslim country and we have no choice but too accept the law of the land...but this doesnt mean that we have to like it, nothing is more disgusting then being near a couple who are all over each other in public. :?

"naj" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

Would you not even throw a 'strop' if you came across some offensive billboard displaying partial nudity ?

You're saying it like that don't happen!

I am just pragmatic.

With advertising, all publicity is good publicity. If you throw a strop, you just helping them out.

If you deem it offensive, you write to the ASA, who follow the laws of the land make a ruling on wether it is acceptable or not. I will not camp outside it with a poster saying 'don't look at that poster -->'

"Admin" wrote:
"Exquisite" wrote:

And It also means you are not gonna have a go at someone you do not know for drinking. It's their choice. You can tell them the Islamic view, your own view etc, but you cannot do anything else.

[color=magenta]yes i agree wiv you there, my point was the law may allow it but doesnt mean im gna like it but like you said ultimately its up to them n there's nothing i can do abt it other than sharing my views.[/color]

I dont think there's anything wrong with a married couple holding hands in public, but I know my parents would not like it.

As for a peck on the cheek between a married couple when greeting each other, I think they'd have a heartattack.

This attitude is really funny and a bit stupid IMO. My family is strictly no hugging, no kissing, no anything (between anyone) in front of others. This affection is only reserved for the babies in the family.

I always think its quite sweet when I see a married couple holding hands, it's actually nice to see someone who's happily married these days.

"Imaani" wrote:

I always think its quite sweet when I see a married couple holding hands, it's actually nice to see someone who's happily married these days.

Agreed.

I've lost count of the amount of aunties I've heard bitching about how "happy n chatty" the bride looks with her groom.

I know of couples who dated for years before they got married and yet on their wedding day they were forced to sit there acting as if they dont know each other, just to keep the elders happy.

I myself, am looking forward to giving the aunties something to talk about.

Lol! You go girl!

I remember a friend telling me how she got a right telling off from her auntie in Pakistan, coz she went and sat on the same manjee as her hubby. The big deal was that people in Pakistan also sleep on a manjee, so it didnt look good her [i]going [/i]to her husband.......oooohh! the implications!!

i have two married couple in my family who ALWAYS eat from the same plate

evryone always takes the mick outta them

BTW we've discussed this topic before

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
i have two married couple in my family who ALWAYS eat from the same plate

And don't tell me....they drink from the same glass of water, and feed each other food

Or....

there must be a shortage of plates Blum 3

Pages