How can a Muslim discipline himself?

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

As-Salam `Alaykum Smile

i just have a question to ask and that is How can the Muslim discipline himself Islamically, especially if he has shortcomings with regard to his religious commitment, which Allaah knows best about? :?

fast.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

it depends on what u want disciplining on

salaah? hijaab? parents? etc etc

be more specific

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
it depends on what u want disciplining on

salaah? hijaab? parents? etc etc

be more specific

I think its suppossed to be vague so every1 can give their opionons.

Back in BLACK

Salam Muslim sis i mean Disciplining ur self within the three areas u mentioned aiight

Controlling your temper.

The Prophet (pbuh) said repeatedly to the one who asked him for advice, "Do not get angry."

"unique soul" wrote:
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

As-Salam `Alaykum Smile

i just have a question to ask and that is How can the Muslim discipline himself Islamically, especially if he has shortcomings with regard to his religious commitment, which Allaah knows best about? :?

keep your eye on the ball - always

"unique soul" wrote:

Well one could say to just acknowledge ones shortcomings is a starting point to discipling ones-self, depending on where your at in the religious field you should try changing ones-self to become more better..'you could start of by paying more attention to your obligatory acts, reciting the quran, seek good company people who can help you and guide you, practise upon what you learn,etc..

:?

My bookshelf is full of books on how to “discipline yourself”, our pious predecessors spent most of their lives trying to discipline just one negative aspect of their character.

You need to pinpoint your shortcomings and individually work through them all….

Easier said then done though…