He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Ahh yes... the Sufi Muslim Council.

I saw those cartoons before I left for Pakistan. Didn't like'em. Or even SMC for that matter.

SMC is sectarian divisive and heavily influenced by neo-cons (the people who wanted war in Iraq and want to bring 'democracy' to the Middle East).

I know Sheikh Tahir ul Qadri is linked to this org but I doubt that link will last. MuQ is better off on its own.

SMC has supposedly been set up to tackle extremism. Unless it's gonna do more than trying to convert Salafis to Sufism it is only a propoganda organisation.

i just checked out their website now-i liked what i saw

beast why do u say they are "sectarian"? that aint what sufism is about

yeh-there was a lot of wahabi bashing in there-which was not very "sufi" :roll:

and what do u mean by "propaganda organisation"?

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
beast why do u say they are "sectarian"? that aint what sufism is about

yeh-there was a lot of wahabi bashing in there-which was not very "sufi" :roll:

Wahabi-bashing is sectarian. SMC is very anti-Salafi and anti-Ikhwani.

Sufi scholars can debate Salafis and Ikhwanis and have disagreements but they don't need to set up orgs just to diss them.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
and what do u mean by "propaganda organisation"?

The gov needs a Muslim organisation it can rely on. It's had enough of the MCB so has supported to creation of SMC.

SMC can now go around saying things like "Islam is peace", "we condemn this terrorist outrage" and "99.99% of Muslims are law-abiding". It's just the gov's replacement for MCB.

Plus, it's led by Hisham Kabbani. He is the neo-cons' version of a moderate Muslim. Whenever an Islamophobic politician or pundit wants to say some of his best friends are Muslims he can refer to SMC.

Assalamu 'alaykum,

Here are some other cartoons like the one above:

[url= wal nahi `anil ma'ruf[/url]

[url= an Imam in 10 days[/url]

[url= it, by hand, by tongue or by heart[/url]

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

They are all crap.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Beast" wrote:

Plus, it's led by Hisham Kabbani. He is the neo-cons' version of a moderate Muslim. Whenever an Islamophobic politician or pundit wants to say some of his best friends are Muslims he can refer to SMC.

Do I take from this you dont agree with/like/follow Kabbani and Co.?

On another note - those cartoons can be ripped apart for their propoganda and deception on soo many levels - thats why they so funny Lol

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:

Lets just say I don't think he is the right person to be heading a large national Muslim organisation.

"Beast" wrote:
"Med" wrote:

Lets just say I don't think he is the right person to be heading a large national Muslim organisation.

Why not?

I hear he is a big sufi with special mystical powers. Woulda thought he is the perfect person.

Explain bruv.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

A few years ago Hisham Kabbani gave a speech to the State Department in which he said that 80-90% of the Muslim orgs in America were extremist/terrorist - but it was just that most orgs were Salafi, Ikwani, etc.

Hisham Kabbani's dismissal of non-Sufis as extremists and potential terrorists is unfortunate. This just creates divisions among Muslims which others will inevitably try to exploit.

Inshallah SMC will evolve into an org that lobbies gov on behalf of all Muslims in order to tackle foreign policy and try to improve domestic Muslim situation.

really Med i thought this guy was right up your street he is a Naqshbandi scholar i thought deobandi school derived from this order

lets make a few things clear:

Shaykh Ul Islam is not linked with SMC. He is pictured with Shaykh Hisham Kabbani in one picture, but thats at a meeting they had in london not too long ago.

Shaykh Hisham Kabbani is the son-in-law of Shaykh Nazim Haqqani - the head of the Naqshbandi-Haqqani tariqa. Shaykh Hisham is a great sufi master, so i hope you all maintain a level of respect for him. I dont expect you know who to, but thats on his own head.

The SMC....ignore what i said before. 'm undecided on them, it depends how they fare, then i may give my opinion. regarding what they teach, Alhamdulillah the Aqeedah of nearly all muslims, i personaly dont oppose what they teach.

Wait....Shaykh Hisham Kabbani isn't even the head of it :? He's head of the supreme Islamic council of America.....some other guy is head of the SMC

Regarding Shaykh Kabbani's speech to the State Department....i would have to hear what he said exactly, but he isnt really wring IMO.

and laila, since when did the deobandi's come from one of the big 4 sufi tariqa's? :?

if they did....they managed to drift quite a bit

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Beast" wrote:

Hisham Kabbani's dismissal of non-Sufis as extremists and potential terrorists is unfortunate. This just creates divisions among Muslims which others will inevitably try to exploit.

does he dismiss all non-sufi's as extremists?

"Sirus" wrote:

Wait....Shaykh Hisham Kabbani isn't even the head of it :? He's head of the supreme Islamic council of America.....some other guy is head of the SMC

his work/teachings r promoted the most in that org

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Beast" wrote:

Pretty much.

They're all Wahabis.

"Beast" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Beast" wrote:

Pretty much.

They're all Wahabis.

I'd like to see proof of that.

I know they speak out against Wahabbi's quite abit, but i havent heard them dismiss all non-sufi's as extremists :?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:

and laila, since when did the deobandi's come from one of the big 4 sufi tariqa's? :?

so sorry Sirus i did not make myself clear but what i have been told by a number of Deobandi's is that they very keen on Tasawwuf and most of their leading men have been followers of various sufi orders including the highly respected Naqshbandi order

for example Mawlana Rasheed Ahmed Gangohi, Mawlana Asharf Ali Thanavi and Mawlana Zakariyyah Kandehlawi were from Chishti silsila.

Mawlana Aziz ur Rehman, Mawlana Habibur Rehman and Mawlana Badar Meruthi were Naqshbandi-mujaddidi.

Mawlana Taj Mehmood Amrooti and Mawlana Ahmad Ali Lahori were Qadiri.

Mawlana Anwar Shah Kashmiri Suharwardi tariqa.

how true this is can only be guessed

"laila" wrote:

Med should be able to confirm, but Deobandi movements does accept tareeqah's.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

hmmmm

you learn something new everyday

well as for Mawlana Thanvi, and some of the other prominent figures, there's a lot about them that was more in line with traditional Islam, but ahhhh...things change Smile

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:
hmmmm

you learn something new everyday

That's why it's not a good idea to go down the sectarian route.

I'd get you the evidence for SMC's divisiveness but their website is down at the moment (lets hope permanently).

"laila" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:

so sorry Sirus i did not make myself clear but what i have been told by a number of Deobandi's is that they very keen on Tasawwuf and most of their leading men have been followers of various sufi orders including the highly respected Naqshbandi order

for example Mawlana Rasheed Ahmed Gangohi, Mawlana Asharf Ali Thanavi and Mawlana Zakariyyah Kandehlawi were from Chishti silsila.

Yes that is true, from what i know the above mentioned Ulama were in Sulook 'chisti' dont know about the other Ulama in particular, but rather we combine all 4 sufi orders,

Sirus what do you mean they managed to drift away ? :?