I thought radical Muslims did 9-11, WOW....

160 posts / 0 new
Last post

The science vs religion debate is a Western European phenomena.

Sceince as anathema to religion is not idea found in Islamic civilisation.

"Naz" wrote:
Take for example the thread put up on male pregnancy. That sort of stuff ive got in mind. I dont think you can be a Muslim and then turn around and try to ruin Gods creation by allowing men to have babies. Its just wrong.

Look Naz, you don't have to be an EXTREME scientist. The Big Bang theory doesn't say that: "God doesn't exist" the teacher probably didn't mention God. I believe that the Big Bang was created by God, is that impossible?

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

A pig an an elephant just won't splice

Don't just do something! Stand there.

"Naz" wrote:
Take for example the thread put up on male pregnancy. That sort of stuff ive got in mind. I dont think you can be a Muslim and then turn around and try to ruin Gods creation by allowing men to have babies. Its just wrong.

While that subject does make me shudder, there is an opposing view.

But if we can do it, don't that mean God has given us the latent ability to carry it out, hence not against his plan(s) at all?

Should we give up on medicine as well... we want to be cured directly by God, not through any intermediaries such as penicillin?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Courage" wrote:
"Naz" wrote:

Look Naz, you don't have to be an EXTREME scientist. The Big Bang theory doesn't say that: "God doesn't exist" the teacher probably didn't mention God. I believe that the Big Bang was created by God, is that impossible?

yes of course the big bang theory could have been created by God and thats exactly what i argue when my atheist friends start chattin on about the big bang theory that atheists believe (out of no where). But i much prefer the story of Prophet Adam (P.B.U.H.) and Eve of how mankind and earth came into existence, much easier on the brain lol.

"You" wrote:
While that subject does make me shudder, there is an opposing view.

But if we can do it, don't that mean God has given us the latent ability to carry it out, hence not against his plan(s) at all?

Should we give up on medicine as well... we want to be cured directly by God, not through any intermediaries such as penicillin?

Yes of course God has given us the intelligence so we can carry out the abnormal, but God is testing us by giving us this intelligence to see whether mankind will astray and try to play God and that’s exactly what SOME of these scientists are trying to do. Ok not all scientists are going against religion but those trying to achieve the above and designer babies for the sole purpose of bringing prettier ppl to the world is just plain wrong. If scientists want to make designers babies for medical purposes ie to save another child coz they need a bone marrow then i would say in my personal opinion that is ok.

As for medicine nowt wrong with finding cure for cancer etc coz God does say find means of preserving life.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

How can we play god when we can't create from nothingness?

Everything else is manipulating what is already there.

We have been made stewards of Earth - for better or for worse.

And where is it forbidden to carry out totally crazy scientific experiments.

I for one am fascinated by the question whether a cloned human would be granted a soul, or (on the opposite end of the scale) would just remain a mound of flesh?

And there is the question of whether inanimate things can be given life. The current methods are cheating. They make a change to something that would be living, but call it new life.

There are moral/ethical and a lot more questions to what is done, but we cannot just take a stance that nothing at all should be done.

PS is a person playing god if they take life?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"You" wrote:
How can we play god when we can't create from nothingness?

Everything else is manipulating what is already there.

We have been made stewards of Earth - for better or for worse.

And where is it forbidden to carry out totally crazy scientific experiments.

I for one am fascinated by the question whether a cloned human would be granted a soul, or (on the opposite end of the scale) would just remain a mound of flesh?

And there is the question of whether inanimate things can be given life. The current methods are cheating. They make a change to something that would be living, but call it new life.

There are moral/ethical and a lot more questions to what is done, but we cannot just take a stance that nothing at all should be done.

PS is a person playing god if they take life?

yes true we are just using the things around us to create something new but i dont think God is going to be best please if you started creating humans and allowing men to have babies. In a way by doing that you are playing God but you will never be God. If God wanted that he would have given the female organs to the man.

Euthanasia is wrong. Yeah if a person has a terminal illness and they want someone to help them die like Dot helped Ethel to die in Eastenders then yes thats trying to play God.

I was talking outright murder Blum 3

Trying to set it up for a stupid line. Something like "If I like killing random people, does that really make me evil?"

Then your gonna rot in hell :twisted:

Pages