Cosmetic Surgery

its cheap and readily available so how many would consider it and for what?

Where is the line drawn between necessary cosmetic surgery and vain/shallow cosmetic surgery? Does such a line exist?

Its accepted that if a person has a liposuction due to the medical advice of a Dr with advice eg that if not done the person runs serioius risks to his/her health it would be deemed jaaiz.

But what about a person who has a mole on his face? Its not a medical necessity to have it removed but he wants it removed anyway - is that right or not?

And where does the line be drawn?

If using moisturisers and face creams etc is ok to look after the skin; what about chemical peels? Is it the same category or not?

Tooth whitening same as orthodontic treatment (braces?)

I know som1 who recently had pectoral implants - he had some silicon or something implanted beneath his pectoral muscles. Its amazing how readily available such a procedure is - he made an appointment over the net, paid 150 for first consultation, decided to go for it, gave his credit card details and a 10 days later has day surgery minus a few thousand pounds plus a bigger chest - simple as that.

weird world innit.

I find this stupid and pointless for muslims.

Instead you can spend that money on the poor and be thankful of what Allah(SWT) gave you. It is a total waste of money.

"Purity is half of faith.......Prayer is the light...patience is illumination; and the Quran is an argument for or against you. Everyone starts his day and is a vendor of his soul, either freeing it or bringing about its ruin." Muslim

"Islamic Brother" wrote:
I find this stupid and pointless for muslims.

Instead you can spend that money on the poor and be thankful of what Allah(SWT) gave you. It is a total waste of money.

Yup, totally agree with u ther bro.

"Med" wrote:

I know som1 who recently had pectoral implants - he had some silicon or something implanted beneath his pectoral muscles. Its amazing how readily available such a procedure is - he made an appointment over the net, paid 150 for first consultation, decided to go for it, gave his credit card details and a 10 days later has day surgery minus a few thousand pounds plus a bigger chest - simple as that.

weird world innit.

Lol

what an idiot, why dont he jus go gym and build a bigger chest, or if his that desperate take steroids , but thats a joke, what if he falls down and the silicon bursts, or what if it starts leaking, I didnt know guys would go that far :shock:

also the risks of cosmetic surgery are never advertised, its not natural and eventaully the body will start to reject it

someone who is soo vain they need to have cosmetic surgery has some psychological issues , low self esteem probably

however if someone has surgery for medical reasons then nothing wrong with that

Bruv he does/did go to the gym but for some reason his chest didnt get much bigger - dunno why :?

Anyhoo he had enough of that - I think he's gonna start working out again in a few weeks time cos he cant do that right now according to Dr - but he looks mashaALLAH beefed up now - just hope he doesnt have any complications.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

[quote="Med" wrote:
Bruv he does/did go to the gym but for some reason his chest didnt get much bigger - dunno why :?

quote]

poor techniques, not using the right excercises, bad diet, lack of protien and other supplements, lack of dedication to the gym maybe :?:

Quote:
but he looks mashaALLAH beefed up now - just hope he doesnt have any complications.

he looks beefed up but i bet he cant even bench press his own silicone Lol

I never knew vanity can drive a guy soo far

we should train to increase strenght , endurance and allround health therefore looking good is a bonus, people who train jus to look good never succeed and turn to steroids and cosmetic surgery and then they live to regret it :roll:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
how does chemical peels work?

whats the pro's and cons?

I think its the use of acid to remove layer/layers off ur skin, hence it is very very painful.

The pro's: it tones your skin pigment, removes any marks off the face/gives you a lighter more fresher lookin skin colour.

Con: Very very sore, a beauty consultant told me it is the worse treament to have coz the pain is unbearable!

My cuz wanted to have the chemical peel done and i spoke to my local beautician and she said not to, you can always get a facial done frm a beauty parlour like every 3-4months, it makes your skin soft/smooth/cleansed. As long as u use your daily wash and a facial mask every so often your skin should be fine.

Chemical peels are basically used to even out uneven skin and to remove permanent scars. A chemical peel is applied to the face for x amount of time and then washed over. Over a period of time (I think a few weeks) the skin begins to peel off and the face is left red and sore. Then skin is rejuvenated by the body and the face is left looking younger and even more handsome/pretty - Dirol

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

[color=magenta]i wouldnt consider cosmetic surgery for my looks keep it 100% natural, regular exercise, fve portions of fruit n veg, drink plenty of water is enuf for me, n use a nice facial wash

i hate that look when guys pump the body wiv steroids n then wear the most teeniest vest which is lik 6 sizes small for them, they shud stik to having raw eggs

cosmetic surgry is fake n does not look nice ppl like natural not plastic[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]
i hate that look when guys pump the body wiv steroids n then wear the most teeniest vest which is lik 6 sizes small for them, they shud stik to having raw eggs

cosmetic surgry is fake n does not look nice ppl like natural not plastic[/color]

lol....... same here

tru

Would never consider cosmetic surgeory be it cheap oka not, not even if i was paid to do so.

Even if it was permissible in Islam i wouldnt do it coz you hear all these stories about how it all went wrong and people are even uglier than before lol. I am happy with how Allah (swt) has made me, don't need silly plastic surgery!

Assalamu alaikum,

I would only have cosmetic surgery if i had a medical need, i.e in accident needed major face reconsruction. Or if i was born with a physical abnormality that would make life difficult for me. Under no other circumstances would i consider it.

At my mums house i saw this programme once "extreme makeovers". This nerdy blonde woman with meticulous speech picks ppl to have a makeover, if you ask me she is in dire need of one herself. But these are makeovers come with a difference. It doesn't just involve getting a new wardrobe or a splash of make-up, plastic surgery is included. The object is to get the woman/;man 10 yrs or more younger in appearance. Then after the hair cut, clothes and all the asthetic junk is applied the candidates are put to the test-will the public think they're younger than before? What a great show! We all need to see more of this trash on tv.

Suffice to say i never saw the show again. The media has a lot to answer for. Cheap Tv, magazines, billboards and celebs play a major role in shaping the minds of impressionable teens, and not so intelligent adults, into opting for plastic surgery when what they really need is a brain transplant. Coz lets face it no amount of plastic surgery will make us more beautiful or change what we are beneath. Also how many of us "regular" members of the public can afford to top up on these surgeries? if you have plastic surgery it needs tweaking up every few years, most of us can't afford to do that,so why do it at all?

p.s i saw a chemical peel done on tv, i don't think it made a major difference. The woman;s skin looked no more vibrant as it would have done if she had used some top notch make up. All the agony, and looking like a burns victim was really not worth the aggro or money. In india women get acid thrown on their face as revenge, to prevent love marriages etc etc, in the west women pay to have it thrown in their face how ironic, the women are mad.

"Angel" wrote:
Even if it was permissible in Islam i wouldnt do it coz you hear all these stories about how it all went wrong and people are even uglier than before lol. I am happy with how Allah (swt) has made me, don't need silly plastic surgery!

Second that sis, u see the people hu have it done and they look worse than before! take michael jackson for an example, his face is falling into pieces. personally i would never have it done and will defntly discourage it. We should all be happy the way we are instead of moaning, some people dont even have ears, noses etc etc

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
We should all be happy the way we are instead of moaning, some people dont even have ears, noses etc etc

Very true.

We take alot of things for granted.

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
"*_Noor_*" wrote:
We should all be happy the way we are instead of moaning, some people dont even have ears, noses etc etc

Very true.

We take alot of things for granted.

mashaALLAH very true.

Once a man walked past Sayyidina Umar radhiyallahu anh and he had a great assortment of physical ailments. He was blind and deaf and dumb and on top of all that he was a leper.

Sayyidina Umar radhiyallahu anh commented to his Companions that even such a man should be grateful to ALLAH for his health. The Companions were surprised and asked Ameerul Mu'mineen that why?

Ameer ul Mu'mineen Umar radhiyallahu anh replied to the effect: Can he not atleast pass water easily?

Something to think about - we focus on our defects more than being grateful for what we actually have innit.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

yeh we should be grateful for what we have but Allah given mankind teh intelligence to create new ways to benefit mankind and cosmetic syrgery is just one of them i mean if you had eye sight trouble you would go to an optition who would reccomend cosmetic surgery and it works si wats all the fuss if u can get ur eyesight back :?: :x

freedom for palestine iraq and afghanistan kick out the americans and stand by ur muslim brothers

"suhailtabani" wrote:
if you had eye sight trouble you would go to an optition who would reccomend cosmetic surgery and it works si wats all the fuss if u can get ur eyesight back :?: :x

Cosmetic surgery is a procedure performed to reshape normal structures in the body in order to improve appearance.

I think getting your eye sight back is hardly improving your appearance.....or is it?

If you're eyesight has been affected during life how can gettin it back via laser treament come under cosmetic surgery coz you had your sight and it's not summat that is changing your appearance/features

"Angel" wrote:
If you're eyesight has been affected during life how can gettin it back via laser treament come under cosmetic surgery coz you had your sight and it's not summat that is changing your appearance/features

Exactly, my point.

i think cosmetic surgery should be allowed in some cases.

if its affecting someone mentally.. and if prayer and psychotherapy dont work.

if the husband or wife is turned off by something physical in their partner.

if it can have long term implications on the persons health or kill them.

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

"Jihad Soulja" wrote:
lol i wouldnt eat raw eggs.

I tried it once by pinching my nose so I wouldn't know what it tasted like but I can tell you it was well slimey.

"Jihad Soulja" wrote:
ur more likely 2 gt salmonela, thts wat sum gym instructor said 2 me anyway.

Yep you're right. The only effective way to kill salmonella is by heat. In most eggs, salmonella exists only on the shell. So if you're gonna eat raw eggs, you should dip the egg in boiling water for a few seconds before use.

das rank man

'A book holds a house of gold'

"Jihad Soulja" wrote:
"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]i wouldnt consider cosmetic surgery for my looks keep it 100% natural, regular exercise, fve portions of fruit n veg, drink plenty of water is enuf for me, n use a nice facial wash

Salaam.

lol i wouldnt eat raw eggs. ur more likely 2 gt salmonela, thts wat sum gym instructor said 2 me anyway.

[color=magenta]
wa-salaam

im not advising it but they shud stick to sumthng natural like eggs,n not steroids

by the way your an old member right was ur name "Asadullah"?i fink i remember when i first joined[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
"Jihad Soulja" wrote:
lol i wouldnt eat raw eggs.

I tried it once by pinching my nose so I wouldn't know what it tasted like but I can tell you it was well slimey.

Yuk!

That sounds disgusting!!

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
That sounds disgusting!!

Sounds disgusting but very healthy for you....unless you happen to be eating the egg which contains salmonella.