Islam Expo

anyone tinking of attending the Islam expo event in londoin in july?????????????????????????????????????????????????

do u tink, will revivale have a stand there???????????????????????????

i might go...............................................................

oh yeh, gosh weren't they advertising this thing like, a year in advance or summat? Fool what date/s is it on again?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Jazak’Allah for the welcoming messages ukhti, and hope your not overwhelmed by all the information posted below:

Quote:
In the name of Allah , the Beneficent , the Merciful
IslamExpo: Discover Depth, Diversity & Dynamism
6th – 9th July 2006, Alexandra Palace, London.

The Knowledge Zone: A Fascinating journey through culture & civilisation

The Time Walk It is designed to familiarise visitors with the principal eras of Islamic history from the first Muslim society in Arabia down to last of the great Muslim empires with the Ottomans of Istanbul, through the Umayyads of Damascus, Andalsussians of Cordova, Abbasids of Baghdad, and Mughals of Agra. The collection of films commissioned on these areas and played on large plasma screens will take visitors on a fascinating journey through time.

The Knowledge Zone is stretching over 2000 sq m. and will introduce visitors to the diversity and richness of Islamic civilisation, covering faith, culture, science, art, and history, through a vast array of exhibitions and interactive displays.

The Wings include:

The Five Pillars: This is a collection of interactive exhibits commissioned on the five pillars of Islam, covering the testimony of faith, prayer, fasting, almsgiving and pilgrimage, with information, photographs, audio-visuals and exciting quizzes.

The Quran Wing: This wing is dedicated to the Islamic holy text, the book of wisdom, light and guidance. This is a chance for the visitor to discover the noble Quran, through interactive exhibits, precious old manuscripts, and Quranic translations in many languages and an audio corner where visitors can listen to soothing Quranic recitations from around the Muslim world.

The Al-Furqan Wing: The Al-Furqan Foundation is a UK-based institution that specializes in the cataloguing of Islamic manuscripts. The foundation’s precious collection of artefacts, like the cloth of the Kaaba, an exquisite model of the Prophet’s mosques- one of only three such models in the world-; some of the earliest photographs of Mecca and Medina; old Arabic manuscripts; and works of art is on display in this wing.

Islam & Science: Commissioned for the exhibition, the Islam and science exhibit is a tribute to Muslim civilizations’ enormous contributions to science from optics to agriculture, medicine to astronomy, and Algebra to engineering.

The Art & Calligraphy Wing: A chance to see the breathtaking work of a host of artists and calligraphers from as far as China, Pakistan, Syria, Palestine, Iraq and Turkey. This is where one of the longest calligraphic scrolls in the world stretching over 11m will be exhibited. The artists will be holding live demonstrations on site, offering the public a unique chance to get an insight into the process of creating a piece of art.

Muslims around the World: The world-class photographer, Peter Sanders’ “in the Shade of the Tree” collection based on the last thirty years of his travels around the Muslim world will be on display in this wing. The collection has been described as opening the door to “the unique, exotic lands of the Middle East, Africa and India and into the vast world of Islam and other religions.”

The Timbuktu Corner: This is a unique opportunity to experience the richness of the exotic land of Timbuktu, and its little-known contribution to Islamic knowledge, through the photography of Joseph Hunwick, and live demonstrations of manuscript restoration and manufacturing of leather manuscript boxes by Timbuktu craftsman Mohamed Alher AG Almahdi.

Islam in Britain: Photographer Peter Sanders’ latest work “The Art of Integration: Islam… In Britain’s Green and Pleasant Land”, a photo essay dedicated to Islam in Britain, will be shown in Britain for the first time in this wing.

The wing also features a fascinating photographic fact- oriented exhibit on Muslims in Britain opening a window into the life of the community, its history and invaluable contributions to British society.

Learn While You Play! Children can have a go at building an Islamic arch, assembling a multi-layered puzzle on Islam’s three holiest mosques, discover the Muslim world, matching models of famous Islamic monuments, like Taj Mahal, Alhambra and the Umayyad Mosque with their locations, or have a go at creating a mosaic puzzle. These exciting interactive exhibits have all been commissioned exclusively for IslamExpo’s young visitors.

To find out more about IslamExpo Click here

IslamExpo..
“ A Life time experience for you and your family.. 4 days 1 ticket Do not miss it!”

To Book your ticket, Visit or
call 0870 246 7769

To join IslamExpo team call 0845 108 5101 or email

IslamExpo
Promoting dialogue & understanding

6th – 9th July 2006
Alexandra Palace, London.

baarakAllahu feek and thanx for the info.

just checked the site and it seems an adult's ticket costs 15 quid, thats not bad at all. (that does include all four days right?)

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:

just checked the site and it seems an adult's ticket costs 15 quid, thats not bad at all. (that does include all four days right?)

Yes, I quote you from the text above:

“ A Life time experience for you and your family.. 4 days 1 ticket Do not miss it!”

Wink

"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

Wink

:oops: there i was thinking i did a good job at skim-reading it. Blum 3

"*DUST*" wrote:
"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

Wink

:oops: there i was thinking i did a good job at skim-reading it. Blum 3

Lol you didn't have your glasses on?

On a down note the Film Festival range is disappointing.

"(*_Shazan" wrote:
Lol you didn't have your glasses on?
cheeky!

"(*_Shazan" wrote:
On a down note the Film Festival range is disappointing.
how so? i've been recommended the first and seen the following 2 (they were good), and the rest sound interesting...

Exactly my point, I’ve seen them all with the exception of Le Grand Voyage – from the symphonies sounds more like a comedy then a serious documentary – would have been good to capture Indian pilgrims who walk to Haj.

I was expecting new material not reruns.
Cray 2

The Save Chechnya exhibition had some heart provoking documentaries.

[url=

"(*_Shazan" wrote:
Exactly my point, I’ve seen them all with the exception of Le Grand Voyage – from the symphonies sounds more like a comedy then a serious documentary – would have been good to capture Indian pilgrims who walk to Haj.

I was expecting new material not reruns.
Cray 2

well didn't they make this for a non-muslim audience too? in which case most of those movies are good choices. i don't think Le Grand Voyage is a documentary - i thought it's fiction?

"*DUST*" wrote:

Cray 2
well didn't they make this for a non-muslim audience too? in which case most of those movies are good choices. i don't think Le Grand Voyage is a documentary - i thought it's fiction?[/quote]

Yeh your correct, I heard Anas Altikriti mention they have invited the families of 7/7- MAB are trying to make this event appeal to Muslim and non-muslim alike.

Regarding the Le Grand Voyage – I don’t know if it is fictitious or not.

Green 72 Media should have used this event to showcase there refreshing work.

[b]Expo looks good, booked tickets, Insha'Allah hope they coe soon cant wait :D[/b]

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

I think I'll be able to come for one of the four days it's on..I'll take photo's inshallah and will learn how to upload them here.

"*DUST*" wrote:
is revival gonna have a stall there?

no.... far too expensive for us amateurs...

but we should be distributing some magazines inshallah.

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:
is revival gonna have a stall there?

no.... far too expensive for us amateurs...

but we should be distributing some magazines inshallah.

London! Use your forum board connections Smile