Memories

Does any1 know of a way to get rid of memories? Is there some wacky old-wives tale out there abt getting rid of memories? Any ideas welcome - no matter how wacky they sound or appear .

Take lots of hard drugs.

Or learn from your past, keep tightly to your commitments and forgive yourself and others as you go. Don't forget.

Don't relate to your past as if it means anything is currently the matter. Calm down, remember the opportunity forgiveness brings and spread love. Now.

Don't be late for meetings at 4.30 should they arise. See you later.

[size=10]I feel I'm gonna move on back down south
you know where the water tastes like cherry wine[/size]

Wouldn't psychosurgery be a solution to forgetting....

It means operating on your brain and removing a part of the brain which is associated with remembering things....

But the problem with that is you're going to forget everything.

[color=magenta]yep i heard the one from Muslim Bro you can either remove parts of the brain or damage them i fink its the hippocampus which is used for laying down long term memory so have that removed or damaged but like Muslim Bro said you forget everythng, i fink its called lesioning or sumthng [/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

why would anyone want to erase their memories?! :? sure there are some things in life one would rather forget, but those things have also contributed to mould you into the person you are today, they are a part of you.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

It's impossible to forget the past...unless what happened was extremely insignificant.

And the harder you try to forget something, the more you'll remember it.

If anything learn from your mistakes (if your memories are bad).

just dont think of them

there are some memories i too wish i could erase, some things in life i wished i never did....and so badly regret, and i've managed to forget it, but occasionaly crops up :?

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Med" wrote:
Does any1 know of a way to get rid of memories?

Have you tried banging your head against the wall? :?

Lol

that was funny

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

if your really interested in memory

Memory is divided into long term memory and short term memory,
STM is encoded acoustically and visaully , its capacity is 5 chunks of information + or - 2, and its duration is limited - the brains cerebal cortex recieves nerve messages from eyes , ears, touch > if this information is rehersed or learned it goes to your long term memory otherwise it is lost.

LTM encoded semantically, capacity and druation is unlimited,

Quote:
Exquisite Posted
i fink its the hippocampus which is used for laying down long term memory so have that removed or damaged but like Muslim Bro said you forget everythng, i fink its called lesioning or sumthng

although scientists speculate that the hippocampus is involved in the creation of long-term memory. It is unclear where long-term memories are stored, although there is some evidence that a single memory may be broken down into various elements and stored in many places at once but we cant be sure. Isnt lesioning something to do with proteins or microbes in the body :? , any doctors in the house

Quote:
Muslim Bro
Wouldn't psychosurgery be a solution to forgetting....

nope psychosurgery is never a solution for forgetting, psychosurgery is rare for modern day treatment and only a select few top psychology surgeons carry it out, it involves cutting out parts of the brain usaully the frontal cortex , it is used to treat extreme personality disorders e.g. schizophrenia , however it got too many side effects and extremely dangerous similar treatments are electroconvulsive therapy and labotamy.

Quote:
Med
Does any1 know of a way to get rid of memories? Is there some wacky old-wives tale out there abt getting rid of memories? Any ideas welcome - no matter how wacky they sound or appear

You could just choose to ignore the memories , and eventaully it would jus decay away, information that is not used for an extended period of time decays or fades away over time

or some memories which are very painful you body naturally represses it into your subconcious , so just think about how painful the memory is and naturally the body would just repress it - however this can lead to other problems :?

or you can get amnesia , go bang your head on the wall or play cricket without a helmet , or pick a fight with a really big guy :twisted:

Nas786 did you copy all that from your psychology text book lol

We learnt all that last year in psychology...found the memory unit quite boring.

lol yeah i got all that from doing psychology A_level , we had a memory module at AS-Level , i still remember it )

muslim bro dont worry it gets better in the second year

If you [i]really[/i] wrote that from your memory I must say wow but I doubt it Wink

I've got my sociology exam next week and I can't remember the things I studied a few months ago.

Is there any kind of food which helps you remember things....apart from veggies?

PS. I've done my A2 exams for psychology, feel like I mucked up my unit 6 exam Sad

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
If you [i]really[/i] wrote that from your memory I must say wow but I doubt it Wink

I've got my sociology exam next week and I can't remember the things I studied a few months ago.

Is there any kind of food which helps you remember things....apart from veggies?

PS. I've done my A2 exams for psychology, feel like I mucked up my unit 6 exam Sad

i take that as a compliment

veggies help you remember - first time of heard of that

almonds/peanuts/badam/raisons = brain food
these should help you remember

also chocalate, caffiene and red bull helps you concentrate

what did you do for unit 6 - is that approaches?

I didn't eat anything for breakfast when I went into the exam....could have been the reason why I mucked up...actually the questions were too specific.

"nAS786" wrote:
what did you do for unit 6 - is that approaches?

There was 3 sections:
Yeah that's approaches in one section
Psychopatholgy (schizophrenia, depression & ocd) in the other section
Issues (gender & culture bias, ethics & ssr, use of non-human animals) in the last section

Unit 6 is 20% of the final grade so I'm just worried over it.

[color=magenta]lesioning- when an area of brain is damaged
abalation-when an area of the brain is removed

i jus finished my exams guys[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

bro enjoy yourself now Dirol , when you know that you have failed then start worrying shock

Maybe I'm just worrying too much.

Got a high B in: AS psychology, A2 coursework (unit 5) & think I did quite good in unit 4. So the worst grade I can get is a C...but I want a B.

It's the ucas points that the universities look at.

So far we've had psychosurgery :? , banging your head against a wall, and repressing and simply not thinking abt it.

But really theres nothing you can do innit?

Take for example if certain things trigger a memory - so recitation of a certain person triggers memory of Madinah Munawwarah, or a white musk reminds of someone, or having tea at 1am triggers a memory - can these be alterred. Im just giving examples for the above btw - who wouldnt want to remember Madinah Munawwarah. Smile

But you get my point. Is there a way of erasing or alterring things which trigger a memory - so if white musk reminds of x - can we consciously associate the musk with y? Can that be done?

And what if these memories or triggers are constant and surround a person and are quite stressful and inescapable. Would talking to a shrink stop them?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

As far as I'm aware only old age and/or illness's can make you forget stuff.

Altering things that can trigger memory can be done...white musk reminds me of mum as thats her favourite scent which she always wears...if someone else wore that scent at all the times, I'd associate that scent with them too...

But then x AND y would remind me of white musk and not just x...

"*DUST*" wrote:
deary me. :?

lol indeed.

Memories cant be forgotten the only way not to think about them is not to recall them. I personally think if u talk about a certain subject then it will be on your mind more, if u dont then it will not be something that u will be thinking of a lot.

Med, difficult life experiences make us what we are.

If you try to supress those memories out of fear then they will only come back and express themselves in harmful ways.

Face your fears.

Be a man.

"Beast" wrote:
Med, difficult life experiences make us what we are.

If you try to supress those memories out of fear then they will only come back and express themselves in harmful ways.

Face your fears.

Be a man.

Who said I was talking about myself? This was a general question and should be kept as such.

Thank you for telling me to be a man - I'll try and remember :twisted:

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

yup, jus lilke your 10page love thread, 'just a question'

well i already figured the memory, you gave it away....my advice is, stay away from the forum Wink

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

And my advice is that teach me how to get ilmul ghayb. :twisted:

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

i have no knowledge of the unseen..its just applying common sense, and the big give away you ....gave away. its pretty obvious, i wont point it out.

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:
i have no knowledge of the unseen..its just applying common sense, and the big give away you ....gave away. its pretty obvious, i wont point it out.

salaam :twisted:

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

wsalaam, k, watevaaaaaaa

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:
wsalaam, k, watevaaaaaaa

lol.

Med, sirus is right, it was a bit obvious, and the answer to your question is: stay away from the forum. :?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:
wsalaam, k, watevaaaaaaa

lol.

Med, sirus is right, it was a bit obvious, and the answer to your question is: stay away from the forum. :?

Ditto.

Pages

Topic locked