Ouch! (and other weird/interesting things)

I just got cramp a muscle.

In my jaw. While yawning. (well its not really jaw... next to jaw under the back of the tongue, to the side...)

And its rather painful.

Nothing I can do, but bear it. No idea how to relax a jaw muscle!

Thought you lot may find this interesting.

Oh, and yesterday I played football. Nothing major. apart from the fact that we kicked the ball over a fence. And some car pulled over. Thought the person was gonna kick the ball back. But the theif just picked it up, put it in the car and drove off! end of match.

I did find that amusing in a weird way. How low can people go?

oh, and the jaw cramp seems to be going away slowly. Blum 3

"Admin" wrote:
I just got cramp a muscle.

In my jaw. While yawning.

You must have a really big mouth if you hurt your jaw while yawning.

Is it normal for tears to come out when someone yawns....it happens to me and it's really annoying coz people think I'm crying.

"Admin" wrote:
Oh, and yesterday I played football. Nothing major. apart from the fact that we kicked the ball over a fence. And some car pulled over. Thought the person was gonna kick the ball back. But the theif just picked it up, put it in the car and drove off! end of match.

Hahaha....did you report it to the police?

Anyway what you doing up now....it's nearly 5am

what were you doing up at that time?

I sleep weird hours...

didn't report it to the coips, but I could not start laughing at the stupidity of the whole thing.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Well I was revising for my psychology exam next week and prayed fajr.

People who are old sleep wierd hours...you're not old are you...

Just make sure you sleep about 8 hours a day....don't wanna miss your beauty sleep do ya

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
Is it normal for tears to come out when someone yawns....it happens to me and it's really annoying coz people think I'm crying.
lol, sis does that too.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
everyones eyes water when they yawn

whats so weird about that :roll:

not everyones, its not all that common. Wink

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

[quote="MuslimSisLilSis"]everyones eyes water when they yawn/quote]

yeah that's what they told you.

:twisted:

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Got another question. I know that crying invalidates prayer...

So if I yawn while praying and tears come out would that be considered as crying.

And more importantly would that invalidate my prayer?

Quote:
Answered by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

Q. I was told that crying not from khushu3, nullifies the wudu', is this true? And if one finds food bits stuck b/n the teeth after performing wudu', is the wudu' still valid?

A. Walaikum assalam,

Crying invalidates the prayer, if from other than remembering Heaven, Hell or other next-worldly matters. It does not invalidate wudu.

What invalidates wudu is laughing audibly in prayer.

Wassalam,
Faraz Rabbani

Did the guy givew any evidence? First I have come across it.

"Admin" wrote:
Did the guy givew any evidence? First I have come across it.

Sheikh Faraz Rabbani is a respected scholar. Not just an ordinary 'guy'.

Duno how to explain this but crying/laughing are somewhat simliar coz your actually making audible sounds, now if you dont cry due to remembrance of Allah (swt) then it would invalidate namaz coz your thoughts are emotionally and strongly elsewhere and in Fiqh books laughing out in your namaz invalidates it,maybe the same would apply if you cry loudly... it kinda makes sense. :?

I know crying and laughing invalidates your prayer but...

My question was if tears come out when yawning and you're in prayer, will it invalidate your prayer?

When yawning it doesn't make any audible sounds but it could be classified as crying if tears come out...this is especially a problem while praying isha coz you're tired at the end of the day and fajr when you're not fully awake.

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
I know crying and laughing invalidates your prayer but...

My question was if tears come out when yawning and you're in prayer, will it invalidate your prayer?

When yawning it doesn't make any audible sounds but it could be classified as crying if tears come out...this is especially a problem while praying isha coz you're tired at the end of the day and fajr when you're not fully awake.

ooops i missed your Q, thing is yawning is something you can't control so it's not somethin which would invalidate your prayer however you should keep your yawn in and stop from making loud noises. I also get tears in my eyes when i yawn (most people do), If it invalidated my prayer i wud be on the prayer mat till the next morning. Like i said yawning is not something we control so we are not responsible for it.

"Angel" wrote:
Duno how to explain this but crying/laughing are somewhat simliar coz your actually making audible sounds, now if you dont cry due to remembrance of Allah (swt) then it would invalidate namaz coz your thoughts are emotionally and strongly elsewhere and in Fiqh books laughing out in your namaz invalidates it,maybe the same would apply if you cry loudly... it kinda makes sense. :?

hmm yeh that makes sense, but that would apply more to 'sobbing' wouldn't it, coz 'crying' isn't always audible. :?

and MuslimBro, angels answer to your Qs makes sense - because you are not in control of those tears, i assume it would not invalidate your prayer. but when one yawns in prayer, one must try their best to repress it.

Got it!

If you guys were wondering if sneezing invalidates prayer as it makes some noise...the answer is no as its unintentional.

I thought sneezing invalidates wudhu.

never come across that Irf, first time I have heard that one, why would it invalidate wudu? :?

"Angel" wrote:
never come across that Irf, first time I have heard that one, why would it invalidate wudu? :?

what if u have a flu or hayfever Cray 2

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:

what if u have a flu or hayfever Cray 2

Exactly! Then you wud have to miss namaz or do dry ablution. I haven't done Fiqh indepth but i knw the basics and never have i come across sneezing as something which invalides wudu.

P.s. Where u been lilsis, missed you loads hun xxx

"Angel" wrote:

P.s. Where u been lilsis, missed you loads hun xxx

i missed u too sweety-i was in B'ham for a week and been busy with exams

glad ur back too

Med was picking on me again Cray 2 Wink

p.s congrats on ur degree-u are amongst the educated members of society now Dirol

According to Sidi Moustafa Elqabbany & Shaykh Muhammad ibn Adam al-Kawthari, sneezing in Salat does NOT invalidate the prayer as it is unintentional. So that would also mean that the wudu isn't invalidated either.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

i missed u too sweety-i was in B'ham for a week and been busy with exams

glad ur back too

Med was picking on me again Cray 2 Wink

p.s congrats on ur degree-u are amongst the educated members of society now Dirol

Thanks hun....hey med might pick on you but lets face it you get him back good and i mean good, your other posts had me in fits lol

oh yeah congrats on your results, proud of ya!

Muslim bro I think you're right, it shouldnt invalidate wudu either.