What is an insult to Nabi salallahu alayhi wa sallam?

We all know that swearing at or abusing or debasing or mocking Sayyidina Rasulullahi salallahu alayhi wa sallam is an insult and cause of loss and sorrow in this life and the hereafter but is that where it ends?

Personally I dont believe so. I was always taught that love for Sayyidina Rasulullahi salallahu alayhi wa sallam is not proved by making utterances by the tongue but rather by actions - a case of actions speak louder than words.

I was taught that observing the sunnah, loving the Sahaabah Karaam, hating those who hate them, loving and guarding the masaajid of ALLAH and honouring the Righteous Ulama are all ways of inculcating love for the Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam and are infact signs of holding love for Him salallahu alayhi wa sallam.

But on the same token if such acts are expressive of love and admiration - I have heard from certain ulama that our rejection of the sunnah and the Prophetic way is a big insult on our Nabi salallahu alayhi wa sallam. That Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam who spent nights standing in qiyaam and wept for His Ummah, that Nabi salallahu alayhi wa sallam who tolerated swollen feet and hunger and privations for the truth and for the guidance of the people is today insulted by the very same people who claim to follow Him salallahu alayhi wa sallam.

Isn't it an insult to leave His sunnah and adopt the way of aliens? I felt so ashamed to give salaam at Rawdhah Mubarak and what shocked me more was how some people would turn up to give salaam with shoes in their hands, how some would walk off with a mobile ringing but perhaps most disturbing was how so many turned up to give salaam with clean shaven face or with goatees etc.

I dont know - but that doesnt sit right with me.

I was taught that when going one should try and emulate Nabi salallahu alayhi wa sallam as much as possible - hence I as a habit dressed in sunnah libaas, applied itr, applied surma, held a miswaak, wore an imaamah etc because going to present oneself in the court of the Nabi salallahu alayhi wa sallam is no light matter.

How can a people complain of non-muslims insulting at our Nabi salallahu alayhi wa sallam wen we ourselves mock his sunnah either by laffing at ladies in niqaab as ninjas, or brothers with sunnah beards as taliban/osama? How can we be saved if we ourselves oppose His noble way at every turn?

Very interesting...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
Very interesting...

what? is this a censured subject for me or summat? :?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

no. very interesting topic.

Holds alot of truth, and questions the inner working of people.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:

ditto.

so how come there are so few replies?

could it be that we have all, at some stage in our life, been guilty of committing the above? i know that in my youthful ignorance i may well have looked down on someone as being 'backwards' when in fact they were practising a sunnah, astaghfirullah. why is it that we don't give as much importance to islamic education as we do to secular education? this worries me a lot. how can i claim to truly love the prophet (s.a.w) when i am not yet fully aware of his sunnah? :?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

ditto.

so how come there are so few replies?

could it be that we have all, at some stage in our life, been guilty of committing the above? i know that in my youthful ignorance i may well have looked down on someone as being 'backwards' when in fact they were practising a sunnah, astaghfirullah. why is it that we don't give as much importance to islamic education as we do to secular education? this worries me a lot. how can i claim to truly love the prophet (s.a.w) when i am not yet fully aware of his sunnah? :?

I've got some questions...

Where do Muslims draw the line (in terms of finding a challenge or question offensive) when it comes to conversation with non-Muslims?

- Especially with regards to more aggressive attempts at propagating Islam.

And do you ever feel like "Islamophobia" has/can be used by Muslims to avoid serious but embarassing questions about Islam?

Again - especially with regards to more aggressive attempts at propagating Islam.

"Don Karnage" wrote:

I've got some questions...

Where do Muslims draw the line (in terms of finding a challenge or question offensive) when it comes to conversation with non-Muslims?

Depends on how they phrase their question...depends on their age/level of background knowledge in Islam.

It all depends on the context....in too many instances, questions out of innocence/ignorance are often misinterpreted as being intentionally offensive.

Picking up on where Dust left off.

Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam and the Holy Quran share a very deep and close relationship. Isnt it amazing how many of us spend years and years doing nothing much and before we know it our lives are over and we've never once sat at the feet of an Alim and studied the Book from beginning from end?

This I think is very worrying. I know some people who have read Holy Quran thousands of times mashaALLAH and thats brilliant. None can slight it. But how many do I know who actually have studied methodically and in detail what ALLAH is telling us in this book?

Isnt it shameful?

Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam was described as being the very embodiment of the Book by Ummul Mu'mineen Aisha radhiyallahu anha - if we dont knw abt the Book - how can we knw abt our Nabi salallahu alayhi wa sallam?

Sayyidina Abu Bakr radhiyallahu anh was beaten by Quraysh for reciting Quran audibly in the courtyard of his home and still he would continue out of love and devotion for the Book that His Friend salallahu alayhi wa sallam had brought. And we? what do we do?

Keep it nicely wrapped in beautiful cloths on a high shelf. And reverently kiss it on special occasions and on weddings we stuff money in between the mushaf and then carry it over the head of a bride when she leaves her parental home for her marital home.

How bad is that?

Sometimes I get so angry.

A brother tries to give da'wah to his family and mentions that this isnt from some obscure book - its from the Quran itself. And then in frustration he'll say in punjabi that what do we care for this Quran? We kiss and touch it but wen it comes to acting on it we throw it behind our backs.

This is what we have done. The Quran came to us to implement and we have done nothing but thrown it in a corner of the house and kept it for ritual.

When are we gonna change this situation? May ALLAH save us - ameen.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

i like to think i've never looked down on those who follow the sunnah. in fact i've always looked up to ppl of any faith following their religion with such devotion, discipline, conviction and love, especially in western lands.

If you had asked me a few years back what sunnah was i couldn't have told you, that's how utterly ignorant I was.

You're right about insulting our prophet (Saw). We're so consumed with non muslims insulting our prophet (saw), we don't realise we are the greatest sinners in claiming to believe but rejecting or mocking aspects of our religion. Like you said about the hijab/niqab/beard, that's one issue that will never go away. Muslims i'm ashamed to say this are more insulting towards those who don the niqab or keep a beard than non muslims are. I experience it all the time with the veil..not the beard lol. I'd give leeway to non muslims coz they are prob unaware of why i dress as i do. But even if a muslim is ignorant of their faith, I'd expect them to give me a little respect just for knowing i'm muslim, if nothing else.

This topic of trying to adhere to the sunnah came up on another forum i sometimes visit. The brother in question was attacked left right and centre simply because he was politely encouraging brothers and sisters not to abandon the sunnah aspects of dress. Ironically it was the brothers who ganged up on him, claiming he was being self righteous. Who was he to tell ppl they should think about wearing an imamah, or wearing ankle high trousers, etc etc. Ties and shirts aren't haram we can wear them if we want, you're trying to make life difficult for us. rant rant rant. The point is they wouldn't even admit that we should push ourselves to act on as many sunnahs as possible, for the extra rewards if nothing else. It was simply rejected. There's this stinking attitude around these days i'm doing the obligatory actions that will suffice why should i strive to do "extra" things. You can't force no one but i hate that attitude.It's like a student in class who would say i;ll chill out as long as i get a C i don't care. Then there's the more ambitious student who would slogging his/her guts out to score an A. We should aim to be the A students in everything we do, whether we attain that goal or not isn't the point, attempting it is.

this is definatly not the same Med as before.. Biggrin

Strongly agree with the following..

Quote:
A brother tries to give da'wah to his family and mentions that this isnt from some obscure book - its from the Quran itself. And then in frustration he'll say in punjabi that what do we care for this Quran? We kiss and touch it but wen it comes to acting on it we throw it behind our backs.

This is what we have done. The Quran came to us to implement and we have done nothing but thrown it in a corner of the house and kept it for ritual.

When are we gonna change this situation? May ALLAH save us - ameen.

Ameen.

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

"khan" wrote:
[b]this is definatly not the same Med as before[/b]

[color=red]EDIT: whoevers deleting and editing my posts. Please be so kind as to inform me.[/color]

I personally cant tolerate when people mock the sunnah. The other day at my cousins house one of my elders asked what Im going to wear at my wedding. I said I wanna wear a white thobe and white imaamah. He went quite for a bit then went off talking abt some stuff. The relevant points.

He said that those clothes look nice which the people of that locality wear - so in pakistan shalwar kameez look nice, in UK trousers, in arabia thobe etc. He went further to say that if you wear thobe in pakistan it wont look nice!! That infuriated me.

He further said stuff abt how some ppl wear thobe in town and how he only wears trousers and shirt wen he goes town. I guess he was having a pop at me. So I asked this elder that when british came to indo-pak what did they wear? He replied they stuckk with their clothes. So I said if they can wear their clothes when they came to us, why cant we wear our clothes wen we come to them?

And in our culture what I was doing is known as behas - debate/argue and it unnerved my elder - may ALLAH forgive - and he went off on one. He said they came to us as overlords as our masters, and we came here as ghulaam - as servants. I turned round and said - Im not a ghulaam here , this is ALLAH's earth and he went quite.

Next day - i cudnt contain my rage any more and I just blurted out to my mother that i dont care how elderly a person is - if he comes out with words slighting the sunnah his opinions arent worth anything to me. My father tried to defend the elders words and explain them away but no - its unacceptable.

How dare someone say that thobe looks bad in pakistan?

I dont knw what others think but the style and fashion and preference of our Master salallahu alayhi wa sallam is the most perfect and the most beautiful in all countries and in all ages.

Moving on -

some may say that we do not insult the Nabi salallahu alayhi wa sallam - it isnt fard on us to wear x, it isnt haraam for us to wear y. Thats not the issue.

We have a choice in everything. We can choose to go out bareheaded or we can choose to go out with a kufi/imamah etc. We choose one over the other. The sad fact is that we people are hollow - qasam we are.

We talk so beautifully - assalaamu alaykum Mawlana, kayse mizaaj hain Mawlana, dua ki darkhaast hai, Allah khush farmay but we are diseased and mean.

Why are we soo dirty and impure? You know ALLAH says in the Quran that the pure men are for the pure women and the impure men for the impure women. If a man wants a pure woman he must himself be pure and more than anything purity is most important. Why is it that sometimes we do something which makes us feel so dirty, so despicable and so low that forget others even our ownselves are disgustsed with it?

And no matter how hard you try to purify yourself, no matter how many ghusls or how many istighfaars or how many wazeefahs we read our tongues still feel black and impure and our hearts feel stained?

They say tawbah purifies - why does the heart still feel stained?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

my husband wore a white thobe and imamah, wear what you feel comfy in. Personally i think they look amazing, specially the imamahs!

"yashmaki" wrote:
my husband wore a white thobe and imamah, wear what you feel comfy in. Personally i think they look amazing, specially the imamahs!

I have come with a compromise. They wanted traditional dulha on wedding day followed by suit on walimah.

and suit was big NO-NO :evil: .

Compromise is I'll be a proper dulha on baraat day without the dulha's turban cos thats minging and will rather wrap my own lunghi imamah inshaALLAH. and later on just change into white thobe

Then on walimah day - start off in sherwani and different lunghi imaamah. And later on in the night just change into a white thobe.

This way the sunnah is followed and my parents are happy aswell.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:

They say tawbah purifies - why does the heart still feel stained?

what do you mean 'they say' of course tawbah purifies the heart

i feel that there is too much angst and hatred for human nature in your words Med

when one starts to look at the faults of others we may not be able to stop and in the process destroy ourselves

we must be happy with our own actions regardless of others unless they hurt us.

personally the inner workings of the heart the soul my own soul interests me deeply not the outer wear of my brothers and sisters

I was referring to myself :oops:

Who cares abt any1 else?

And if ppl dont want to wear sunnah libaas, if ppl want to wear sunnah libaas, if ppl want to smoke, if ppl want to eat dates all day - thats their business not mine.

I was only making a thread - whoever wants to read it can whoever doesnt shouldnt. I am not made a responsible one over you, nor have you been made a responsible one over me.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
I was referring to myself :oops:

Who cares abt any1 else?

And if ppl dont want to wear sunnah libaas, if ppl want to wear sunnah libaas, if ppl want to smoke, if ppl want to eat dates all day - thats their business not mine.

I was only making a thread - whoever wants to read it can whoever doesnt shouldnt. I am not made a responsible one over you, nor have you been made a responsible one over me.

my goodness whan i talk about myself i say i when i talk of others including myself i say we and when i talk about another i say you.

instead of a thread i think you have made a hole for yourself which you are digging deeper - whats this about not caring for others - oh dear

I didnt say I didnt care. I said "thats their business not mine" and that Im not responsible over any1 else.

Please be accurate in what you attribute to me.

But anyways - add your tuppence to this thread if u like.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Actually this thread was inspire by the article I read by Hadrat Mawlana Desai Sahib.

Quote:
Worse than the Cartoons
Submitted by Al-Haq on Wed, 2006-03-01 22:40.
Publication of the insulting and offensive cartoons is to be entirely expected from the enemies of Islam.

While the insults which the kuffaar hurl at Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) are hurting to every Muslim, there should be no surprise in our ranks when the crusaders engage in invective and vilification.

The Qur’aan clearly informs of the attitude of enemies such as the godless editors who are spiritually bankrupt and morally decadent. About their hatred for Muslims, the Qur’aan Majeed:

“O People of Imaan! Do not take as bosom friends (confidants) those besides your own people. They leave no stone unturned (to harm you). They desire that which will cause suffering to you. Verily, hatred (for you) has poured from their mouths, but what their breasts conceal is worse. Verily, We have explained the Signs to you, if indeed you have intelligence.” (Surah Ibraheem, Aayat 118)

There is therefore no need for Muslims to express surprise and astonishment when the kuffaar desecrate our holy relics and insult our holy personages with their blasphemous utterances, depictions and caricaturing.

OUR MISDEEDS
Muslims should understand that their own misdeeds are worse than the cartoons of the enemies.

Worse than the insulting cartoons is the vile appearance of clean shaven faces of Muslim males. Such appearances are more abhorrent than the cartoons. While the kuffaar cartoons cause no hurt to Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam), the razor the Muslim man puts to his face to shave his beard cuts at the heart of Nabi-e-Kareem (sallallahu alayhi wasallam).

Worse than the insulting cartoons are the women of Islam who have abandoned their homes for prowling on the streets like their lewd western counterparts. The wanderings and meanderings in the streets and the markets, in flagrant violation of the Qur’aanic prohibitions pain the heart of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam), not so the insulting cartoons.

Worse than the insulting cartoons is the abandonment of Hijaab by Muslim women and men.

Worse than the insulting cartoons is the emulation of the styles and fashions of the kuffaar and fussaaq. Dressed in the styles of the enemies, the appearance of Muslims is worse than the appearance of the cartoons.

Worse than the insulting cartoons is the wholesale slaughter of the Institution of Salaat by Muslims. Ninety percent of the Ummah have abandoned regular performance of Salaat. This destruction of the central Pillar of Imaan causes the greatest grief oof Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam). The cartoons recede into oblivion in relation to the treacherous neglect of Salaat by the Ummah.

Worse than the insulting cartoons is the Bid’ah in which the Ummah is wallowing Worse than the insulting cartoons are the Ulama-e-Soo’ who subvert the Deen; who undermine Islam with their false interpretations for the sake of worldly and nafsaani motives.

Worse than the insulting cartoons are the evil Ulama who practise Kitmaanul Haqq (Concealment of the Truth of the Ahkaam of the Shariah).

Worse than the insulting cartoons is the total abandonment of Amr Bil Ma’roof Nahy Anil Munkar (Commanding righteousness and prohibiting evil) by even those Ulama who are supposed to belong to the Fraternity of Ulamae-Haq.

Worse than the insulting cartoons are the Muslims who enter kuffaar universities for gaining cheap scrap degrees for so-called Islamic studies.

Worse than the insulting cartoons are the droves of Muslim girls and boys attending the immoral secular institutions of western learning where Muslim female modesty and Akhlaaq in general are prostituted.

Worse than the insulting cartoons are the Muslim women in long flowing gowns, and Muslim men with beards and kurtahs frequenting the immoral dens of vice—the casinos.

And Worse than the insulting cartoons are the numerous other acts of flagrant transgression, immorality, treachery, dishonesty, riba, consumption of haraam, etc., etc. perpetrated by both the elite and the masses of this Ummah.

HURT & GRIEF
In comparison to the gruesome insult Muslims pile on the Nabi and Islam, the insult of the cartoons is of mediocre standard.

Furthermore, the insult of the cartoons of the kuffaar cause grief to us Muslims, not to Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam). What hurts and grieves Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) every Monday and every Friday evening when the A’maal (deeds) of the Ummah are presented to him for viewing is the wholesale massacre of the Shariah and the defilement of the Ahkaam of Allah Ta’ala committed by this rebellious and treacherous Ummah which claims to stand up to defend the honour of Allah’s Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam).

[url= Haq Article[/url]

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:

Quote:

Worse than the insulting cartoons is the vile appearance of clean shaven faces of Muslim males.

Worse than the insulting cartoons is the emulation of the styles and fashions of the kuffaar and fussaaq. Dressed in the styles of the enemies, the appearance of Muslims is worse than the appearance of the cartoons.

Worse than the insulting cartoons are the Muslims who enter kuffaar universities for gaining cheap scrap degrees for so-called Islamic studies.

Worse than the insulting cartoons are the droves of Muslim girls and boys attending the immoral secular institutions of western learning where Muslim female modesty and Akhlaaq in general are prostituted.

[url= Haq Article[/url]

:roll: 1 - a mans clean shave is more bad than the uproar and the offence the cartoons caused. Given, the cartoons arent that serious compared to other problems (in context).....but a clean shave hmmm!

:roll: 2 - dress as the 'enemies'. wonder who they are...the non-muslims? :roll:

:roll: 3 & :roll: 4- why u at uni then

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Quote:
What hurts and grieves Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) every Monday and every Friday evening when the A’maal (deeds) of the Ummah are presented to him for viewing

Can somebody explain this? Am I to understand this literally... what is this referring to? Something in hadith?

"Beast" wrote:
Med's skating on thin ice.

very thin.

Back in BLACK

I retract my statement.

I don't think it's so thin.

Just misread something.

I still think its thin....

for various reasons

none of which ill go thru at the moment.

Back in BLACK

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Quote:
What hurts and grieves Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) every Monday and every Friday evening when the A’maal (deeds) of the Ummah are presented to him for viewing

Can somebody explain this? Am I to understand this literally... what is this referring to? Something in hadith?

I will need to dig it up a little to confirm wether it really is hadith... I think its hadith.

Basically you have 'angels' jotting down what you do. on the evening of those days, the people's 'jotters' are resented in some form, saying that is what his Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) 'ummah' is getting upto.

"Med" wrote:

Worse than the insulting cartoons is the vile appearance of clean shaven faces of Muslim males.

I i totally disagree with the above, insulting the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) is the worse thing ever, somehow comparing those Muslims who don't have a beard or decide to wear western clothes makes me think those statements made above are trying to bring down the respect of the Holy Prophet (saw).

What i don't understand is those are the Sunnah's listed above but yet those statements suggests that the insults to the personality whose sunnah we are following is less?!

I dont know how to skate :twisted: .

I dont think Mawlana was trying to belittle insults to our Nabi salallahu alayhi wa sallam. Infact he has just widened the definition or the context. We have limited insult to drawing dodgy picures or writing filth in magazines and books - Mawlana, from what I understand, has also included disobeying the Nabi salallahu alayhi wa sallam and opposing his imperative order abt the beard, or discarding His clothing for the clothing of His detractors as being insults - and why not?

If you're father tells you go and get me a glass of water and we sit there and ignore him despite hearing him - wouldnt that be insulting to him? If the mother tells you to buy a bag of onions and you carry on with your own business - have you not then insulted her? Such behaviour indicates that the parents are not held in high-esteem by the child, that his/her orders are not regarded as important, and in my view would definitely be be-adabi and hence insulting.
Same case - Nabi salallahu alayhi wa sallam tells us do this and we ignore it, Nabi salallahu alayhi wa sallam tells us dont do this and we ignore it. How can that not be an insult?

I see our actions as worse insults because we knw who the Nabi salallahu alayhi wa sallam is and still we do it. If a stranger is told by a man go and bring me a glass of water and he ignores it that aint a big deal as compared to a son doing that to his father. Khayr we all have our own understandings - thats what this age is abt. Allahummahfadhna min dhaalik.

People can think what they like - no soul's hand is over anothers.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
... or discarding His clothing for the clothing of His detractors as being insults...

Initially the arabs were detractors of the Prophet (saw).

He Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) did not abandon his Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) dress, so I could say its sunnah to go past the stage of not dressing accordingly...

"Admin" wrote:
"Med" wrote:
... or discarding His clothing for the clothing of His detractors as being insults...

Initially the arabs were detractors of the Prophet (saw).

He Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) did not abandon his Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) dress, so I could say its sunnah to go past the stage of not dressing accordingly...

We should be careful what we say abt Nabi salallahu alayhi wa sallam.

The ulama have made quite clear that the style of Rasullahi salallahu alayhi wa sallam's clothing was not the same as the mushrikeen arabs.
Significant differences included the practice of isbaal, the donning of a kufi, the length and presence of tails on the turban etc.

We should be careful that we dont in trying to defend our weakness and our desires for kuffar clothing utter statements which are false or at the very least misleading about Nabi salallahu alayhi wa sallam.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

But your original statement, quote is also just as misleading IMO.

It gives an impression that the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) with the message went 'and you must wear this', when it was more of making sure the clothes were following guidelines.

and My argument is still valid. You may disagree, but you can always make diferent conclusions from the same set of data. Not that I am a mufti, or an Imam or anything...

Yes. indeed.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Pages