What is the islamic view on smoking

Lol salam evey1, Iv been smokin 4 almost a year now, and haven't really studied what islam says about smoking, if ne of u kno plz cud u let me kno thank u.
wasalam Lol

"PRINCE" wrote:
Lol salam evey1, Iv been smokin 4 almost a year now, and haven't really studied what islam says about smoking, if ne of u kno plz cud u let me kno thank u.
wasalam Lol

Its bad for you... dont do it.

Even the box says it will cause cancer.

You may aswell sip a slow working poison.

Back in BLACK

Smile i understand dat its bad 4 my health, i jus wna kno if its haram. :?

Humko kiske gham ne mara ye kahani phir sahi Wink

"PRINCE" wrote:
Smile i understand dat its bad 4 my health, i jus wna kno if its haram. :?

Well its my understanding that anything thats bad for you aka smoking, drinking alcohol is generally considered haram.

But if that aint a good enough answer: Islam strictly forbids the use of any intoxicant (i.e. any addictive drugs) and since smoking nicotine is a drug and its addictive... you get where im going with this right? Wink

Dont beat yourself up about it, we all did crazy stuff when we were kids. The point is you should try and drop the habbit.

Back in BLACK

There is a difference of opinion among scholars, some say its haram and some say its makruh.

But you know you shouldn't be smoking.

You shouldn't also say to yourself that if smoking is haram then I'll quit and if it's not then I'll carry on.

Anything that harms your body should be avoided as the human body whether dead or alive is considered sacred according to Islam.

"Seraphim" wrote:
But if that aint a good enough answer: Islam strictly forbids the use of any intoxicant (i.e. any addictive drugs) and since smoking nicotine is a drug and its addictive... you get where im going with this right? Wink
intoxicants do not have to be addictive, and cigarettes most definitely aren't intoxicants. (your point stands if prince has been smoking summat other than cigarettes though obviously).

prince, it's good that you're bothering to find out the islamic viewpoint, that's a step forward. look at this way: your body is an amanah (trust) from Allah. you have to take care of it just as you would take care of someone's property that they entrusted you with.

this link should highlight the main opinions among scholars and answer your Q inshaAllah:

wassalaam.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Assalamu Alaikum,

It's a waste of money

It stains your teeth and fingers

It doesn't make you look cool

You stink like an ashtray no matter how much perfume or cologne you slap on, no woman would wana marry you

Overtime it destroys your lungs

It can cause cancer, why should the nhs give priority to ppl who intentionally destroy their bodies, when there are kids out there for example suffering from Leukemia and other illnesses through no fault of their own? You're a scurge on public coffers.

Sorry if it sounds harsh but I know ppl who have died from smoking, and currently i'm aware of one man who has to carry this oxgen canister with him from room to room coz he loses his breath so easily. He has lung disease, and there's nothing much medics can do, they're just "waiting", take a guess what for?

So excuses aside do you want to end up like that?

"yashmaki" wrote:

You stink like an ashtray no matter how much perfume or cologne you slap on, no woman would wana marry you

?

yep

and it causes other ppl and furniture to stink too

that in itself shud be more then enough reason to quit

Brother Prince....was always a good boy, lived away from uni, tried hiding from me he was smokin, and got caught by his dad too Sad

Lol

Seriously tho, i keep sayin....why did you start in the 1st place...well lets hope the summer holidays back at home will make him stop!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

its haram, its practically the same sin as commiting suicide cos ur destroying ur health and kiling ur self, cos lime u all know smoking does kill

smile and be happy!!!

"madiha" wrote:
its practically the same sin as commiting suicide

thats taking it a tad too far imo. Fool we shouldn't be so quick to label things as haram, which is why many scholars have given smoking cigarettes a level below 'haraam'.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]