Closure...

Salaam

SInce these days I use these these forums to... well... air my feeling abit too much, I thought I may aswell continue the topic.

Right now I need some sort of closure.

I need something to think about something. Anything.

Why?

Well its a short story. Recently I have watched Firefly. Its basically a charming series which is described as a 'scifi western'. Its unique, from its music to its language. (when the actors get angry they resort to... chinese! full sentences which you can only guess at what they mean. No translation. Not that the translation would be allowed on tv... probably).

It got cancelled before leading to any meaningful conclusion within the first season. I think I need closure. (I then saw Serenity, which is a followup film - rather good after watching the series - otherwise it may be a little complicated, and badly paced, but otherwise good film. It gave a little closure... but not enough)

So how do I do that? Well I need to think about something else. I have a somewhat hidden obsessive side, which is hard to beat. It has shown in the past when I have compulsively read and read and read.

It also helped me with this site, so that I could do alot of menial background stuff, well because I needed the closure. And it needed to be done.

But now I need something else to concentrate on. Not the site, as I feel its imposing on me enough already...

May some long book series? Anyone got any reccomendations? No not Harry potter or LotR. I refruse to read them on some principle that I am not aware of. :twisted:

what the heck are you going on about???

basically, ur asking us to pick a hobby for you in your spare time, because work and forum/website aside, you dont have a life?

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

I think (I hope) I know what you’re talking about… :?

I myself am very highly strung…that’s why a life of leisure doesn’t suit me. I don’t believe that seeking something to think about is the answer to your problem.

If anything, I think that you need to make yourself so busy that you don’t even have time to think.

Thinking too much leads to problems for many people.

You need a hobby, another job/interest or to get involved in sports…(exhaustion usually kills any thoughts).

Books are good…but it depends on your interests? The books I usually read are spiritual Islamic books…or true autobiographies on oppressed women/children…are you interested in that?

At the moment, I’m balancing full time Uni, Work, weekly classes…I actually miss my daydreaming days and lazy days in front of the Revival.

You need to control your thoughts so that your thoughts don't control you..

"Sirus" wrote:
what the heck are you going on about???

basically, ur asking us to pick a hobby for you in your spare time, because work and forum/website aside, you dont have a life?

OI you leave my m8 alone! :evil:

admin giving my PM privlij back will give you more work so u wont complain u have nothing to do and u i will never ever be bored again in ur entire life :twisted:

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"*DUST*" wrote:
lol. welcome back judda.

thanku sis Biggrin

atleast somebody is glad to see me back Biggrin

"Admin" wrote:

first u need to define closure

"judda" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:
lol. welcome back judda.

thanku sis Biggrin

atleast somebody is glad to see me back Biggrin

welcome back Judda. Long time no see.

And LilSis... closure means well... closure. Well basically for me something to forget about other things. Give things a conclusion.

Its wierd... in the past I have always moved from one thing to another... obssess with one thing and then totally forget about it the next day, and obssess over something else... as and when I needed to do anything. If I had some work on the website, just obssess over it til its done. And then forget and obssess over something else that needs to be done until its done.

I am not used to this level of obssessing though. Its maddening. All week that is all I have been thinking about. at work, whilst talking to others, at home, doing other things... watching Xmen 3... Its rather unhealthy I think.

Sirus got it right I think. I need tips on how to get a life! No idea how. Its hard being normal. :?

As I leave this post with the rather catchy 'Ballad of serenity':

Take my love, take my land,
Take me where I cannot stand.
I don’t care, I’m still free.
You can’t take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black,
Tell them I ain’t coming back.
Burn the land and boil the sea,

There’s no place I can be
since I found Serenity.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
As I leave this post with the rather catchy 'Ballad of serenity':

Take my love, take my land,
Take me where I cannot stand.
I don’t care, I’m still free.

Take me out to the black,
Tell them I ain’t coming back.
Burn the land and boil the sea,

There’s no place I can be
since I found Serenity.

uh oh. is that admin quoting poetry? i am worried... :?

Blum 3

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

I am not 'sad'

That piece of poetry is cool. I cannot get it out of my head. When in a positive mood, its extremely positive. When in a negative mood its negative. when relaxed, its relaxing.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Lol-the title is VERY misleading...

Its mainly about how to control your thoughts...

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Yes it is, I'll give you that.

I had a diferent title first, and thought it was even more misleading.

The thing about thoughts you cannot avert them by thinking 'do not think about this'.

"Admin" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

Yes it is, I'll give you that.

I had a diferent title first, and thought it was even more misleading.

The thing about thoughts you cannot avert them by thinking 'do not think about this'.

i think she was referring to the title of the book she recommended.

Have you read The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger?

how fast a reader are you btw?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

I am a pretty slow reader. Dunno why though becasue I can read at the same speed with the writing upside down.

Not read either of those books. I will have to look into them.

"Admin" wrote:
Salaam

SInce these days I use these these forums to... well... air my feeling abit too much, I thought I may aswell continue the topic.

I need something to think about something. Anything.

Why?

Well its a short story. Recently I have watched Firefly. Its basically a charming series which is described as a 'scifi western'. Its unique, from its music to its language. (when the actors get angry they resort to... chinese! full sentences which you can only guess at what they mean. No translation. Not that the translation would be allowed on tv... probably).

It got cancelled before leading to any meaningful conclusion within the first season. I think I need closure. (I then saw Serenity, which is a followup film - rather good after watching the series - otherwise it may be a little complicated, and badly paced, but otherwise good film. It gave a little closure... but not enough)

So how do I do that? Well I need to think about something else. I have a somewhat hidden obsessive side, which is hard to beat. It has shown in the past when I have compulsively read and read and read.

It also helped me with this site, so that I could do alot of menial background stuff, well because I needed the closure. And it needed to be done.

But now I need something else to concentrate on. Not the site, as I feel its imposing on me enough already...

May some long book series? Anyone got any reccomendations? No not Harry potter or LotR. I refruse to read them on some principle that I am not aware of. :twisted:

lol never seen Admin like this. Bruv, whatever your smoking.. you need to share some of it wit us. jk

on a serious note, if it getting that bad leave the forum, i'm serious, stop browsing the net, and just do what u wanna do.., myself I see the net as a hobby.. something to do in between jobs,.

i reckon u shud put a few targetted ads on here, let it run itself,. if u can get some web developers to get involved with the magazine.

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

you are 'sad', coz i said so :twisted:

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

erm... ok. That is decided then. I am sad. Coz the guardian angel said so. can't argue with that.

Quote:
on a serious note, if it getting that bad leave the forum, i'm serious, stop browsing the net, and just do what u wanna do.., myself I see the net as a hobby.. something to do in between jobs,.

i reckon u shud put a few targetted ads on here, let it run itself,. if u can get some web developers to get involved with the magazine.

Rankingwise our site has dropped about 800,000 positions over the past few months. That is an absolute disaster really. I cannot ask someone else to clean up my mess. But I do not have the will to actually do anything myself either atm. Before all this we were getting a half a million hits a month minimum. Now its just a fraction.

Over the past few weeks I have rarely been on here. About 10-20 mins a day, just to make sure there is no spam.

and havign someone else do the work, while it may sound good, there needs to be someone who is willing to step up to the platter to take up the responsibilities.

Most of the site is self-running now though, so there is less administration needed(well until zero-hour where I will have to make some decisions...).

What compounds it all is I have had a headache constantly for about a week now. Its not that bad, but enough to be constantly annoying.

Admin,.. don't watch none of that rankings stuff.. It don't mean nothing.
End of the day, its just numbers.

Basically, way I see it it aint your fault. it wern't fair that you had to do it all on your own..

If any of the other Revival Team are reading this, ya'll ought to be ashamed of urselves for putting Admin through this.. jk

take a holiday, leave the forums as they are, ur gna get old members popping in and out. Like it or not Admin, we all share ownership of the forums as it was the members that once made it what it was.

when ur ready and have a bit of time, let me know.. and will help out inshAllah.

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

i think i might take another loooooooooong break from the forum

things are not as nice as they used to be round here :?

ppl r picking on me like i am some kinda bogey :evil:

lol everyone used to pick on you b4 as well, like duh, it's the way it used to be, normal...

it's much more now! :evil:

btw did u miss me angle?

"judda" wrote:
i think i might take another loooooooooong break from the forum

things are not as nice as they used to be round here :?

ppl r picking on me like i am some kinda bogey :evil:

lol. poor jud. give the kid a break people. Wink hope you're obeying Admin's orders tho.

"judda" wrote:
it's much more now! :evil:

btw did u miss me angle?

Who's angle :?

"judda" wrote:
btw did u miss me angle?

ooohhh!

"Angel" wrote:
Who's angle :?

You!

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
"judda" wrote:
btw did u miss me angle?

ooohhh!

Excuse me, what's that meant to mean?

Also I am angel not angle :roll:

Judda I noticed u weren't around but to say I missed you is going to far, seems you have matured maybe we can get on now.

Stop being so obtuse!

i think i will be leaving...

after today you will hear the last of me forever...

"judda" wrote:
i think i will be leaving...

after today you will hear the last of me forever...

Does forever and ever and ever last 6 weeks? :twisted:

"Admin" wrote:
Does forever and ever and ever last 6 weeks? :twisted:

Admin you've upset judda even more....now he's gonna make it 7 weeks :twisted:

"Admin" wrote:
Stop being so obtuse!

Can't believe noone accute enough to get my 'angle' 'joke'!

I know it was bad, but come on people!

Pages