NO JOB? NO MONEY? NO QUALIFICATONS?

Too many desi's place so much emphasis on education and money. If your not educated or work in Asda they look at you as if your a piece of shit.
My dad was telling me that if you don't have a decent job then your nothing. He said that even in Mosques people don't listen to your opinions if you only work in Asda. I had trouble even considering presenting my ex to my parents because he had nothing going for him in "desi" standards. If a boy hasnt got money or a job no girl from this country will marry him.
Status and worth is only measured by success. I got myself in a 18k debt studying in Univeristy only so that my dad would be respected in society.
Why are desi standards so F'd up? How important is education to you and why?

Education is a good thing, it is obligatory in Islam and makes one open-minded. Education is also a plus in this society as it gives u an increased chance in getting a job. Education is important to me which is why I am at uni, it also gives you the chance to use your mind intellectually.

As for Money it's good!

Salaam

Education is necessary in certain careers such as medicine, teaching, engineering etc.

I personally am thankful that I stayed on for higher education cos it did broaden my horizon and I cant teach without a post graduate certificate in Education.

In Uni I’ve met ambitious people with goals in life.

However, education is not the be all and end all. It is arrogance to look down at those who may have not stayed on for higher education…also some people have learnt so much in life just via their life experience.

It’s true that it’s rare for a family to consider giving their daughter to someone who maybe uneducated/unemployed…but I suppose they’re just looking out for her, after all the guy does have to provide for the family.

Ones character and piety should be the yardstick to measure worth and success…but your right that society doesn’t place much emphasis on that.

Wasalaam

lowlifes generally do not have a good job.

However some quality people are also victimised by being compared to the scum that surrounds them.

Then again, throw enough mud and it'll stick. No matter how good you are.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I sympathise with you being the victim of desi-fication but, I gotta say yopu must have alot of discipline to put yourself through uni just for your parents.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

no job and no money and no qulaification is a BUM

whats the point of ur existence if u dont contribute to society

such bums are a waste of space

there's a reason why doctors etc are given respect-its cos they worked SO HARD for 5/6 odd years to become a qualified doctor

we shud give respect where it is due

Most University snobs look down at those people who do not have a university education. My family looks down at such people because they have a desi mentality. It doesnt bother me if a person has his GCSE's or not.

"Ramz" wrote:
Most University snobs look down at those people who do not have a university education. My family looks down at such people because they have a desi mentality. It doesnt bother me if a person has his GCSE's or not.

Would it bother you if you married someone who is not practicing?

Salam

Education is more important than money.

Knowledge is the true wealth.

Omrow

"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"Ramz" wrote:

Not really. I've found thats its the religious men who oppress their women. Cray 2

"Ramz" wrote:
"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"Ramz" wrote:

Not really. I've found thats its the religious men who oppress their women. Cray 2

Its not religious men, its the men that like to call themselves religious but in actual fact are totally confused as to what exactly islam says. If a man was truly religious then he would treat his wife like a gem coz the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) does that exactly, treats women with utmost respect.

So the "relgious" men you are talkin about are well not umm religious!

Omro - Couldn't have put it better.

Most religious guys mistreat their women using Islam as a justification so I would never want anything to do with a religious guy.

Ramz, those men are hypocrites and liars. They pretend to be religious but it is just a show to try and gain respect from people. Their morals run as deep as the surface.

There are genuine religious men out there, not many admittedly, but they do exist. You just need to have enough patience to find them.

From your own experiences the religious men you have met have probably mistreated women. That doesn't mean "most" practising men mistreat their women. In fact no God fearing person would go about oppressing anyone.

It's not really fair to label all practising men in this way. Or to assume most non practising men must automatically be decent individuals who liberate their women. Low lifes exist in all quarters of life religious or otherwise.

"Ramz" wrote:
Most religious guys mistreat their women using Islam as a justification so I would never want anything to do with a religious guy.

They manipulate people by keeping a beard/reading namaz to make them think that they are "religious" but in actual fact don't have a clue about Islam, i think some people normally tend to behave like this due to their cultural values.

"latifah" wrote:
Ramz, those men are hypocrites and liars. They pretend to be religious but it is just a show to try and gain respect from people. Their morals run as deep as the surface.

There are genuine religious men out there, not many admittedly, but they do exist. You just need to have enough patience to find them.

Yeah what she said.

Remember even Allah SWT hates the hypocrites, whilst I don't want to be making judgements on people (lest I be judged, or hurt someones feelings) I think We need to check ourselves when a person can say from experience "its practising men who tend to mistreat their women".

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

I suprised about how sisters are responding to this subject. It started with education and jobs and turned into a 'we all hate men' argument. There are bad men AND women out there and they will be all be judged in the afterlife.

Anyway regarding education, asian parents are so into their children getting an education that they don't even know what they're talking about. My parents (especially my dad) wants me to get a degree but he doesn't even know the A-levels I'm studying in college....that says alot about him.