New calculator. I mean new Phone...

Salaam

I have been looking to get myself a new phone for a while now...

thing is gerenally I am pretty much a gadget freak.

The phone I was waiting for is the SE W950 or the K800... but I have been thinking that on my current phone I do not really use the memory or the camera or any other feature apart from internet...

So I have seen another phone that I think is pretty good.

However most people dislike it, and call it a calculator. On the other hand, I will be unique as others will not buy it... until they see it. and it has almost everything I need, is really thin (9mm, making it thinnest phone that is available):

[img]

Only catch is that the memory is not expandable. but that should not be a problem...

it has a wap browser. Can you get full internet on a wap browser? (I know you can through Opera mini... but normally?)

oh and a cool thing... the actuall wallet thing is a separate battery! just put your phone in it and it'll charge up the phone battery with it.

cool.

so Should I go for it

"Admin" wrote:
Salaam

I have been looking to get myself a new phone for a while now...

thing is gerenally I am pretty much a gadget freak.

The phone I was waiting for is the SE W950 or the K800... but I have been thinking that on my current phone I do not really use the memory or the camera or any other feature apart from internet...

So I have seen another phone that I think is pretty good.

However most people dislike it, and call it a calculator. On the other hand, I will be unique as others will not buy it... until they see it. and it has almost everything I need, is really thin (9mm, making it thinnest phone that is available):

[img]

Only catch is that the memory is not expandable. but that should not be a problem...

it has a wap browser. Can you get full internet on a wap browser? (I know you can through Opera mini... but normally?)

oh and a cool thing... the actuall wallet thing is a separate battery! just put your phone in it and it'll charge up the phone battery with it.

cool.

so Should I go for it

ugh, it looks ugly. but then again i dnt have a phone and i'll use any thing when it comes to ringing someone.

but hey if u like it just go for it, dnt be so bothered at what other people think.
i agree it does look like a calculator, yeah its thin and sleek but not really stylish, u get me?

smile and be happy!!!

It looks very business like. I love thin gadgets…my sister got a Nano Ipod the other day and that also is almost as thin as a credit card.

Is this phone free with line rental?

it does look like a calculator...at least it won't get nicked!!

Bet its not as thin as my V3 razr, ofcourse that fone was named after your truely.

U shud get an o2 online contract, me n hayder got same contract, n u can browse the whole internet on it, n we dunt even get charged, v connect via o2 mobile web, so no silly wap.

Wat feature that calculator fone got?

wats internal memory? has it got a camera? stylus touch screen or normal? how big in size?

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

I am planning on getting ot on o2 staff contract. (basically half price linerental for offline deals...)

Its thinner than the RAZR. alot thinner. RAZR is about 40% thicker...

On the tarrif I am thinking of getting it (o2 25 @ £8 a month, or o2 50 @ £9.50) it costs £20.00.

I have had 500 mins in the past. Then I went down to 100. But my average usage is around 20 minutes... so it should be ok.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

if u hardly ring, then thats an alryt tariff if u gettin discount

jus one prob tho admin

i noticed the 'square root' button is missing Wink Lol

seriously....u want a Nokia with symbian 60 OS, and have fun downloadin stuff on it, and make sure u get free mobile web gprs, and then go on the forum in ya bed on ya fone!!!!

like me!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

the calculator has 80 megs memory, 1.3 MP camera.

To be honest the only thing I use my phone for is as an alarm!

Never had a nokia, and probably never will. I do not like nokia's.

SOny Erricssons on the other hand... Overall I like... except the thumb stick. the W950 will have a jog dial instead... so I may get that when it comes out... but that may be upto 6 months!

[img]

cool phone. does not have the irritable thumb sticks, but a jog dial (which I thought was awesome on my Somy J70 all those years ago...). It also has 4GB flash memory, but no camera. Not that I will ever use a camera... oh tis symbian and has a touchscreen, and full html browser.

sirus what do you use to get full internet access? do you use the inbuilt browser or opera mini? (opera mini is supposed to be better... but not used it...)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

thats an alryt looking fone

but after t68i, p800, k700i, i dont think i'll be getting a Sony Ericcson for a long tym!

they just dissapoint, have a few great features, but then a lot if simple stuff they let you down on!

and 1.3mp cameras, or at least the d500 one, arent all that

u shud get one with at least 2mp!

and i use Opera for internet access, dunno if its mini but im guessin it is! jus went to the nokia wap site and it was free download under software section

are you gona have free web browsing tym? i knw GPRS has started to charge now

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

How do you know if you can use the internet on your phone..I have a Sony Ericson 750i and that has GPRS on it. So could I access the internet on it with my pay as you go sim?

I also have a line rental...the 900min anytime/anynetwork contract, they give you approx £180 a month to spend on calls, can I access the internet with that sim? (if I was to place that sim in my Sony erricson?)

they will give you some sort of allowance. I believe on tmobile they have an unlimited download with flext + wen'n'walk (£31.00 after their 25% lifetime discount).

You can access the internet through it. best to download the opera mini software though. on wap go to mini.opera.com, and install the software. it will resize images etc to make it more viable. Otherwise I imagine it can get pretty expensive.

"Admin" wrote:
best to download the opera mini software though. on wap go to mini.opera.com, and install the software. it will resize images etc to make it more viable. .

OK

So would you mind breaking that down to me in really, really simple English...with links etc please?

on your phone wap go to and follow the instructions.

It should ask you to download a small piece of java software... just say yes. and then to browse I imagine you go into applications and choose opera mini.

for more details, I assume you have the SE D750i: [url= download page with similar insrtuctions as above, aswell as a second method to download software to pc, and then transfer to phone... if you are into pc-phone connectivity thing.[/url]

I say just use the first method.

"Admin" wrote:
on your phone wap

Admin it says "loading" and that world thingy just spins around for ages...but the page doesnt come up.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:
on your phone wap

Admin it says "loading" and that world thingy just spins around for ages...but the page doesnt come up.

[url]

[url]

right click n save target as on the above 2 files, then put em on ya fone either via mem card or data cable or bluetooth

n wen its on ya fone simply install

Ya Digg?

but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.

"razor" wrote:
then put em on ya fone either via mem card or data cable or bluetooth

I don't have bluetooth on this computer (I have it on my laptop but that's not connected to the internet).

So..how can I send them via memory card or data cable? I don't even know what they are... :?

with your phone did you get a cable that connects the phone to the computer?

If so, connect that, and send via the pc2phone software (I think that is what its called).

Or you can try typing out the above links in wap to directly download the files... should work.

"Admin" wrote:
the calculator has 80 megs memory, 1.3 MP camera.

To be honest the only thing I use my phone for is as an alarm!

Never had a nokia, and probably never will. I do not like nokia's.

SOny Erricssons on the other hand... Overall I like... except the thumb stick. the W950 will have a jog dial instead... so I may get that when it comes out... but that may be upto 6 months!

[img]

cool phone. does not have the irritable thumb sticks, but a jog dial (which I thought was awesome on my Somy J70 all those years ago...). It also has 4GB flash memory, but no camera. Not that I will ever use a camera... oh tis symbian and has a touchscreen, and full html browser.

sirus what do you use to get full internet access? do you use the inbuilt browser or opera mini? (opera mini is supposed to be better... but not used it...)

ooooooh i like it!!! thats a sleek phone, i prefer this one to the other one

smile and be happy!!!

MuslimSis if u have a floppy disk on comp n laptop, or a usb pen drive etc, stick these files on2 that, then stick in laptop, then bluetooth to fone, geddit?

Your confusing the poor soul

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"razor" wrote:
MuslimSis if u have a floppy disk on comp n laptop, or a usb pen drive etc, stick these files on2 that, then stick in laptop, then bluetooth to fone, geddit?

Actually that I get...

I will transfer the files from this computer to my laptop via my USB key...and then bluetooth them to phone from there and get back to you if I get stuck...which I prob will.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"razor" wrote:

Actually that I get...

I will transfer the files from this computer to my laptop via my USB key...and then bluetooth them to phone from there and get back to you if I get stuck...which I prob will.

C now that was simple, u cnt possibly get stuck, once they on ya fone, open the files, n they'll run. Make sure u hav enuff memory on ya fone.

But, if somehow, (cuz ur a girl) u manage to get stuck gimme a shout Lol

Ya Digg Dirol

you can either get an external card... or get a usb 'dongle'.

I followed trhe second route. cost about a fiver from market. (well more specifically a guy that I knew worked in amrkets... I told him to get it for me...)

You can get them online aswell... just google for 'bluetooth dongle'.

"Admin" wrote:
you can either get an external card... or get a usb 'dongle'.

I followed trhe second route. cost about a fiver from market. (well more specifically a guy that I knew worked in amrkets... I told him to get it for me...)

You can get them online aswell... just google for 'bluetooth dongle'.

Yup Bluetooth dongle is best

try either of or .com whichever it is, n they both easy to use, ive used em both b4 they reliable, play.com free delivery aswell.

I have ordereds the P300.

Any idea how long delivery usually is with o2? (I know I work for them, but this will be my first time to use any of their products... )

im picking up a new phone too!!

im getting a nokia N70

[img]

[b]Mostly[/b] as a second phone.

Problem being its locked onto the T-Mobile network and they say it cant be unlocked unless i ring into my network provider (O2).

Truth is stranger than fiction.

Back in BLACK

These are some nice fones, but do yall actually wanna waste all that money on A PHONE? lolz donate that money to the needy.

"RoSeAnGeL" wrote:
These are some nice fones, but do yall actually wanna waste all that money on A PHONE? lolz donate that money to the needy.

Cant we do both?

Back in BLACK

"RoSeAnGeL" wrote:

the latest phones are FREE with line rental

cos of that phones aint worth much these days-everyone has the latest phone

Pages