Couch Potato Brits!!

Quote: "[color=indigo]Lazy Britons are failing to do the the minimum recommended levels of exercise.
A survey shows that 67% of us do less than the Department of Health recommended 30 minutes exercise a day for at least five days a week.
The most common reason for not being able to exercise was work, and lack of motivation and injury also ranked high as excuses.
The Scots were the worst couch potatoes, with nearly three-quarters, 74%, failing to do the minimum 2.5 hours a week, while the Tyne Tees region came out top of the league with more than half of residents doing more than the minimum recommended levels."[/color]

How would you avoid becoming a couch potato!

(Discuss)

lol Ofcourse the Scots are worse... they're doped up on Irn Bru all the time.

Not to mention their fascination with skirts (or kilts are they call them) and their choice of food (Hagis: i wont say where it comes from).

But in retrospect im sure when propperly motivated the Gyms will make a good $$$$$ KerChing!

Back in BLACK

yeah but who says the Scots are worse. These figures were collated by the English i suppose. Everyone knows the English are arrogant. They always assume they are in the top league for everything. They're unwilling to admit when they are failures, they are really sore losers. Take your losses like men not wimps. Sorry but i've had it with the English superiority complex Dirol I support the scots, Hagis un all Lol

Perhaps the scots are more lazy coz during the day they actually work not sit on fag and beer breaks every 10 minutes

Wink

If someone is working on their feet say 9-6 they come home have their supper and put up their feet how can they be deemed couch potatoes? They need to chill out aswell. Those of you who work sitting down. Yes it's mentally stressful but physically it's doing you no good. So when you come home supper and then some sort of light exercise would be encouraged. Rather than roti, curry, fizzy drinks. rest after rest after rest :roll:

Most women but not all, can't be accused of being couchies because let's face it their job never ends. They come home after work and they have domestic chores to do, kids snotty noses to clean etc etc. They have little time to recharge their batteries and they seriously need it.

Yash what you talking about... we let them have the top spot for lazy buggers. So how you came to the conclusion we want to be at the top of the league for everything i dont know.

I think you'll find the English like 'Tea' breaks every 10 minutes the scots like Beer breaks every 5 minutes. lol.

Back in BLACK

yeah that's coz the Scots can handle their alcohol made of steel they are, all them Quaker oats leave um be! lol

"yashmaki" wrote:
yeah that's coz the Scots can handle their alcohol made of steel they are, all them Quaker oats leave um be! lol

Probably got Irn Bru mixed in with it.. thats why lol.

Yes working all day whilst sat down can be mentally tiring... and im pretty sure that affects your body aswell (hormones released and all that) so when they get home their body tells them they're tired so they chill when Its rarely the body and mostly the mind thats tired.

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
lol Ofcourse the Scots are worse... they're doped up on Irn Bru all the time.

Not to mention their fascination with skirts (or kilts are they call them) and their choice of food (Hagis: i wont say where it comes from).

lol whats kilts got to do with being a coach potato?

I aint a lazy person, although i dont exercise much however I can only speak for myself.

Leave the irn bru out of this :evil: (wow clever boy got the spelling right :shock:)

i dont think lack of excersice makes u a coach potatoe

MOST ppl dont have time to exercise

but literally spending ur evenings in front of the telly on the coach DOES make u a coach potatoe

thats how most of my evenings are spent

i hardly excersice, i try to do my bit but time just seems to slip through my fingers especially with exams coming up i just seem to study and then go to sleep cos i get tired. studying really drains my energy out of me as well so i just end up feeling lazy in my free time.

smile and be happy!!!